Milwaukee 18v Tire Inflator

Go to solution Solved by Trinidaddave,

I have used something similar for my Jeep tires (32") but they only require about 35 PSI (less when off-roading).  It will take a couple minutes, I didn't time it, to go from 25 PSI to 35PSI on those jeep tires, which have less volume, and far less pressure than your coach tires (if that's what you are looking to use it for).  It will be interesting to see if you can take a coach tire from say, 70 PSI up to 110 PSI on a single battery charge, and how long it will take.  I gave up on my Viair, and bought a 110 VAC compressor with small pancake tank because I didn't want to wait 30 minutes to fill my tires.

-Rick N.

• Thanks 1

I had a slow valve stem leak while parked for two weeks and all the air went out of one of the drive tires.  I had just recently bought a Viair 12V portable compressor for just the occasion.  I was sort of pumped knowing I would get to use this.  After 30 minutes of running the compressor to get to 90 psi, and a few high temp shut down of the compressor from constant use, I was not that impressed with my new Viair.  I now do exactly what @bobdinsmore does.   Use the coach air.  Fast and easy.  I keep the Viair just incase I could not use coach air for some reason.

I am not sure the Milwaukee compressor will give much better results if you have to completely air up a tire.

Edited by Bill R

2 hours ago, bobdinsmore said:

I carry an air hose and a double-ended chuck and use the air fitting in the motorhome's FRB.

Same here but use the air port under the driver.  I like the double-ended chuck using the towing port idea.  When I pull the air hose off it's like a gun shot with my head right there (and the ABS board). 

My wife bought a Black & Decker (something) and now we're married into all their gadgets because of the batteries.  Not my first choice but is what it is.  Bought their "inflator" and there's no way I could wait that long . . . . and not confident it would last under that much abuse.

- bob

• Like 1

I meet a guy in Indio, Ca. in 11-2005 at a RV Park who was inflating his coach tires with a  powertank.com . He was a distributor for the product. I purchased a 15# Tank and all the accessories for the use of it. I had the tank filled with Nitrogen, MY choice. It was amazing. Filled coach tires from 105# to 110# in less than -1- minute. I installed it in the coach basement, with quick disconnects, and used a 50' hose to air up the coach and toad from either side of the coach. The tank of nitrogen would last 1 to 1-1/2 years between refills, costing between 12-14$  at Gas Supply businesses around the country as we were Full Timers.  I paid 495$ for it, and  Sold it in Spring of 2014 for 350$.  I would do it again . 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Paul J A said:
I meet a guy in Indio, Ca. in 11-2005 at a RV Park who was inflating his coach tires with a  powertank.com . He was a distributor for the product. I purchased a 15# Tank and all the accessories for the use of it. I had the tank filled with Nitrogen, MY choice. It was amazing. Filled coach tires from 105# to 110# in less than -1- minute. I installed it in the coach basement, with quick disconnects, and used a 50' hose to air up the coach and toad from either side of the coach. The tank of nitrogen would last 1 to 1-1/2 years between refills, costing between 12-14$  at Gas Supply businesses around the country as we were Full Timers.  I paid 495$ for it, and  Sold it in Spring of 2014 for 350$.  I would do it again . 

This reminded me I could just use one of my Scuba Tanks.  They hold between 3000 - 4200 PSI.  I know some plumbers (who are also Scuba divers) that use these tank to run their air tools.  

-Rick N.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

This reminded me I could just use one of my Scuba Tanks.  They hold between 3000 - 4200 PSI.  I know some plumbers (who are also Scuba divers) that use these tank to run their air tools.  

-Rick N.

That is what they use. It was soooooo handy and fast. No running the engine, etc. 

• Thanks 1

For me it's,  use the coach engine Air system when pre inspecting coach prior to leaving or at stops on a trip. When stationary for a while I use a 120vac compressor. This allows me to NOT fill air bag's n not raise the coach, which is usually leveled or on the Jack's. 2004 Cayman.

I've had Ryobi tools for some time.  I have used the hand held compressors to top mine off. They have a trigger and I'd set the desired pressure, place wife's hair tie around the trigger and go do other things for a minute and come back.  I blew up 2 of those and then purchased their next better model and have not blown it up, yet. I keep a pancake compressor where I store it and use it first if needed.  

I've had a Viair compressor on my wish list for some time and am glad I haven't bought one after reading above.  Has anyone used the 120V w better results?