Loss of Water Pressure

jmcnamer

I'm experiencing a loss of water pressure after 2-3 minutes in the shower.  As you can imagine, it's quite frustrating.  When I check the pressure at the city water hose, it's fine.  My pressure regulator is fine.  If I wait 3-4 minutes the pressure returns then I have 2-3 minutes and they cycle repeats.  I also tried unhooking from city water and using the pump.  My pump sounds labored but still creates pressure.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jody

P.S.  I just replaced my two stage water filters as well.

I had a problem somewhat like this and it was mineral scale build up in the water lines and aquahot. The dealer where we fixed it spent quite a while flushing the lines with vinegar to loosen the deposits and reflush with vinegar multiple times. Not saying this is your problem but this remedy cured our problem. 

It happens when I'm on city water as well as when I'm on the DC pump.  I took off the pressure regulator.  Same issue.  I have not checked the screen filter before the pump, as I thought all of the water goes through the two stage filter.  Is the screen located at the pump?  I'm not sure that would affect the city water intake, but I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Thanks very much for the response.

Jody

I can try flushing the lines as well.  It wouldn't hurt.

Jody

Where the city water hooks into your coach there is a backflow device. These sometimes fail. I installed a 90 degree fitting so the hose wouldn't be suspended and installed a screen inside that fitting. You'd be surprised at what collects in that screen. I replace it once, sometimes twice a year. Protects against the crud collecting in the backflow valve and gumming it up. I'd check that first, followed by the screen before your water pump.....Dennis

Thanks for the reply's.  Sorry for the greenhorn question.  I have a plumbing diagram, but where exactly is the water pump located?  I see the hatch were the plumbing manifold resides as well as the pressure tank, but not locating the DC pump.

Thanks for the help.

Jody

This sounds like sediment clogging a screen or valve.

Look anywhere that sediment could get swept into a restriction, and then fall off when the flow is stopped for a short time.

This could be at a screen, check valve, or possibly at the shower valve itself, if that is the only outlet affected.