2006 Dynasty Aquahot will not FIRE. Suggestions? Help?

So I was having some recent trouble with my Aqua Hot. I was working fine most of the winter then I started smelling raw diesel dripping from the tailpipe. I changed my R filter and changed the nozzle. I have a nice spray mist coming out when I tested but it still wont ignite. I also checked the electrodes for proper placement and found them to be perfect. Is there any way to check the coil? I checked for 12 volt with the pump running at the coil and had no power. The wires I tested are the two coming out of the pump that attach to the coil. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks   

The coil should keep firing when you put power to it for test. Mine was intermittent until it finally quit in the past. Normally its power comes from the controller along with fuel pump power so the problem could be there but there is also a connection under the motor cover in my case that could be problematic.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2006 Dynasty Aquahot will not FIRE. Suggestions? Help?
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know where the fuse is on an Aquahot AHE 100-04s. I found a 15A in the main fuse paneL under driver seat. Still can not get to fire. I have changed the Nozel and filter. I am getting a perfect spray and plenty of pressure. I checked the spacing on the electrodes.  I ran power to the electrodes and had plenty of spark. I am not getting power to the ignitor thru the brown and yellow wire. Is there something that I am missing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Rob, I have the same unit as you. My Aqua hot has been working perfectly since I bought my Coach 3 years ago until a few weeks ago. It would go through the start up cycle but wouldn’t fire and after a few minutes would shut down. I think my control board is starting to go bad because after checking things and trying to run it multiple times over a few days I shut all power off to it to do a reset and now it’s been working fine. Louisville engineering on eBay sells a test box that will isolate most problems on the Aquahot and I think I’m going to get one but they are a little pricey. Good luck with your trouble shooting, hope you get it figured out.

22 hours ago, Georgia Mike said:

Rob, I have the same unit as you. My Aqua hot has been working perfectly since I bought my Coach 3 years ago until a few weeks ago. It would go through the start up cycle but wouldn’t fire and after a few minutes would shut down. I think my control board is starting to go bad because after checking things and trying to run it multiple times over a few days I shut all power off to it to do a reset and now it’s been working fine. Louisville engineering on eBay sells a test box that will isolate most problems on the Aquahot and I think I’m going to get one but they are a little pricey. Good luck with your trouble shooting, hope you get it figured out.

This is a classic sign of the nozzle being gummed up or the filter clogged.  Mine will run 2 years or so,…then…NOPE. The standard service is to replace the Nozzle and the filter and to adjust the “burner” or reposition it.

I would not start to chase anything….until I has that done or watched a video and did that myself. Then, read the manual or find a video and start to troubleshoot the startup cycle as well as some of the common failure items.

Go to Louisville engineering and purchase a simple to use test box. It will test burner function and point you in the correct direction for repair. I. The long run it will save you time and money. Your control board can become intermittent . Louisville can test and rebuild those also.  As they can the burner control box. 

Edited by Jetjockey

1 hour ago, Jetjockey said:

Go to Louisville engineering and purchase a simple to use test box. It will test burner function and point you in the correct direction for repair. I. The long run it will save you time and money. Your control board can become intermittent . Louisville can test and rebuild those also.  As they can the burner control box. 

Hi Freddie,   is this the correct web site, I reached out to them and they don't know what I am talking about.

https://www.louisvilleengineer.com/\

From a Moderator's standpoint, it is suggested that the back and forth for information and such an exchanging phones be done in a PM.  That keeps this from being cluttered.  Once the issue is resolved, then post what happened. There appears to be three members involved...but I may be wrong.  One PM from either one to the other two and then the issue can be resolved or exchange phone numbers...

From MEMORY.... We have a person who has a relative that works for is affiliated with Louisville Engineering.  Many folks have used Louisville Engineering for remanufactured or refurbished AH boards.  They have been a good tech source and, in one case, they actually supplied a harness and relays to isolate a circuit as the particular coach had a "GEE...WHAT IS THIS?" issue.  ONE zone, when the Dometic simply "CALLED" for heat and closed the "DRY CONTACTS" on the Aquahot board....would short out the board.  The board always "shorted" in the same exact place...and it was on the PUMP circuit.  That is a "TRACE" circuit from the main point on the board that is activated when the wires are "connected"....as in the Thermostat and the Control Module is calling for heat.  We traced the circuits and measured and such.  There was NO STRAY voltages or such coming the Control Module.  In fact, when the thermostat or ON/OFF leads were shorted...or tested with a jumper....it happened.  Then  it got funky.  The owner had an Ebay pump....which might NOT have been the CORRECT wattage...so maybe the short was an overload.  BUT, Louisville Engineering designed an isolation harness so that the power for the zone came from a separate fused feed and the circuits were isolated and if there was an accidental ground in the control leads....the ON/OFF was totally in ONE circuit.

SO, Louisville has had some good feedback.

Hope you guys sort through how to get a tester and what Louisville does and can and cannot do.  THEN let us know.  A phone call save a lot of posting and typing.

Thanks for understanding...

I recently had a problem with my aquahot. My mobile rv mechanic came out, he pulled up my model from their website and followed the  troubleshooting process. It goes step by step, come to find out it was a plugged nozzel. Great website, he said it works great. Hope this helps. 

Steve

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Steven Schoepke said:

I recently had a problem with my aquahot. My mobile rv mechanic came out, he pulled up my model from their website and followed the  troubleshooting process. It goes step by step, come to find out it was a plugged nozzel. Great website, he said it works great. Hope this helps. 

Steve

You just confirmed what I posted two days or so ago...and what AH always TELLS FOLKS....and what my Tech told me.  Thanks....

Read the post that is about 8 posts UP....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steven Schoepke said:

Steve

Your post substantiates what generally will help folks who have Aqua-Hot problems, FOLLOW the Trouble-Shooting Steps in your manual  in the order that it is listed FIRST, then if no joy, more in-depth trouble-shooting will need to take place.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 11:41 AM, Jetjockey said:

It’s hard to check for 12 volt to the coil at the Yellow wire on the C plug, because power is only there for 5 or 6 seconds. The first 9 seconds only the motor runs after you turn it on the switch , than the yellow coil and blue fuel turn on but they shut off after 6 second if the flame sensor doesn’t report flame to the controller Louisville Engineering phone number is 5025538210