Air Horn Not Working-CCM Coach

Go to solution Solved by Bar SR Ranch,

After sitting for 3 months, the air horn is not working.   I had a company clean the coach and they did clean the generator compartment. Thinking this may be issue.   The horn has always worked in the past.  I've done the 5V update for the Smart Wheel and all other smart wheel functions work properly.  

I've searched and read through multiple posts regarding horns, most all I've found are relevant for non-CCM coaches.

I found the horn output on J3-M from the front CCM, however I've not been able to locate the air horn solenoid on my 09 Dynasty to see if it's getting power and a signal from the CCM. 

Anyone have experience with non-functioning horn on a CCM coach?

Or anyone know the solenoid location on a 2009 Dynasty CCM coach?

Thanks!

Bob 

I had an issue with the steering wheel horn pad (center of smart wheel) not making contact when I pressed on it.  And  just a couple months ago in Quartzsite, another Monaco owner had the same issue.

Take the horn pad off the center of the steering wheel and remove the yellow wire.  Touch that yellow wire on the brackets mounted on the steering wheel column, where the 2 gray wires are connected.  

If the horn does activate, your horn pad is not seated properly in the steering wheel.

Edited by windsorbill06

Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll do some more digging after our appointment with Josam's tomorrow. 

I bet Josams can spot the solenoid.

You may have gotten wasp mud in them. I try to honk them just a tiny bit when I can. 

• Solution

On my 2009 Dynasty with the CCM the air solenoid and pressure regulator are on the right side (passenger side) of the generator a blue supply hose and a yellow hose exiting the pressure regulator. Mine will work without the ignition being turned on and I can hear the solenoid clicking by pushing the horn button when there isn't any air in the system.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bar SR Ranch said:

On my 2009 Dynasty with the CCM the air solenoid and pressure regulator are on the right side (passenger side) of the generator a blue supply hose and a yellow hose exiting the pressure regulator. Mine will work without the ignition being turned on and I can hear the solenoid clicking by pushing the horn button when there isn't any air in the system.

Thanks Steve.   I have located the solenoid.  
While driving this morning the horns started working again.  I’ll inspect the connections throughly tonight to make sure all is well  

Thank You all for your inputs! 

Bob

I just finished cleaning the Hadley solenoid on my '06.  Mine is located in the FRB below the driver.  I have to periodically clean the plunger to free it up so it will continue to work.  The metal plunger gets corroded in the damp air and will not retract with the solenoid coil.  A little cleaning and it is as good as new.  The first time this happened to me years ago, I bought a new Hadley solenoid ($50).  Since then, I have learned to just clean it periodically and save the $50.

Richard

7 hours ago, Bar SR Ranch said:

Yep. You both have the Kongsberg Chassis Multiplex system.