Replacement Steer Rims

Go to solution Solved by vito.a,

Posted (edited)

Any chance someone swapped from Hub to Stud nuts by mistake?  That would not be good for the aluminum rim.  I can't imagine how much torque would need to be applied to a Hub nut to crack a rim.  Suggesting this to double check what is supposed to be there, not what's on a cracked wheel.

A good way to check is if the hub has a very tight fit to the interior hole of the rims to align the two.

It's very likely you have Hub nuts.

Edited by DavidL

There should be some numbers stamped on the rim itself, do a search using the number and it will get you to the manufacturer. 

Back in 2009 we were planning on making a trip to AK and I decided I wanted to carry a mounted spare, never needed it but good insurance.  I found my rim was made by Accuride so I contacted the company with my part number.  Unfortunately the rim was obsolete, the changed the shape of the holes.  The rep gave me a substitute number that would work and the name of a vendor they recommended. 

I ended up buying the rim from Florida Shores Truck Center, cost $264 delivered.  My PN was 29644ANP but yours may be different. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

There should be some numbers stamped on the rim itself, do a search using the number and it will get you to the manufacturer. 

Back in 2009 we were planning on making a trip to AK and I decided I wanted to carry a mounted spare, never needed it but good insurance.  I found my rim was made by Accuride so I contacted the company with my part number.  Unfortunately the rim was obsolete, the changed the shape of the holes.  The rep gave me a substitute number that would work and the name of a vendor they recommended. 

I ended up buying the rim from Florida Shores Truck Center, cost $264 delivered.  My PN was 29644ANP but yours may be different. 

• Solution

Monaco used Accuride aluminum wheels.  They are 22.5" diameter X 8.25" wide.  They are available in XP (high polish) or SP (standard polish).  if you place a C after the XP in the part number (example XPC) then they are also coated.  Our coach came with coated wheels but I've seen others that are not coated.  

As Jim stated the unique Monaco hole design died when Monaco closed up. But, there are several others designs available and as long as the front two match it should look fine. 

https://www.accuridecorp.com/products/aluminum-wheels 

You could also replace them with Alcoa aluminum wheels as long they are the same specs.  

Good luck!

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Replacement Steer Rims

Vito gave the Accuride web site.  You might want to check the specs on these numbers vs your front axle weights.  Holes are round not the Monaco D so won't match your other ones

43644 7400 lbs

40008 8100 lbs