What might this be for?

Ivan K

When we bought our coach secondhand, there was a couple of "things" included that I have not found of any use yet, not sure if they are even related to anything on the rig. Years later, I figured I'd ask before they get lost in my junk shelves. Any ideas what they are?

IMG_3194.JPG

Yeah, I thought it might be for an awning but since we have Zip-Dee kind, I don't see how. As far as the muffler bearings an capacitor, these were the few options we did not get. I can see the previous owner laughing over me trying to figure out the stuff he left behind 😅

Guest Ray Davis

Ya know you could sell those things on ebay.  :cool:

Someone will know exactly what they are.   After they buy them and tell you what they are, you'll probably want to buy them back.  :whistling:

2 hours ago, granvillebarker said:

The part on the right is part of the demco excalibar 1 tow bar, that’s the tool to release the locks when you unhook.

Cool, so it is nothing I need to keep then, thanks for solving one of the mysteries for me! 

3 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

Was that muffler bearing in the same box with the blinker oil?

Unfortunately the oil wasn't included and my blinkers are kinda noisy...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Cool, so it is nothing I need to keep then, thanks for solving one of the mysteries for me! 

Unfortunately the oil wasn't included and my blinkers are kinda noisy...

Ivan,

From childhood I was exposed to a long line of hoarders. It was a long journey to any kind of merchant for my grandparents and they had a tendency to save everything. I remember my grandfather even had a large can of bent nails. I guess if he needed a nail and new ones were not on hand he would straighten the bent ones. They never discarded an empty container of any type. I sometimes wonder how they would react today at all the containers we just throw in the trash. This hoarding behavior transferred to my Dad and naturally to me. As I have aged and moved into a smaller house I have developed a few rules. If I don't know what something is I throw it away because how could I use it if I don't know what it is. Granted it may be valuable and maybe I just forgot. Also if I can't remember the last time I wore a shirt then I assume I don't like it and will never wear it again and take it to goodwill. My advice to you is throw that crap away or take it to the scrap metal yard.

16 minutes ago, Bob Nodine said:

Ivan,

From childhood I was exposed to a long line of hoarders. It was a long journey to any kind of merchant for my grandparents and they had a tendency to save everything. I remember my grandfather even had a large can of bent nails. I guess if he needed a nail and new ones were not on hand he would straighten the bent ones. They never discarded an empty container of any type. I sometimes wonder how they would react today at all the containers we just throw in the trash. This hoarding behavior transferred to my Dad and naturally to me. As I have aged and moved into a smaller house I have developed a few rules. If I don't know what something is I throw it away because how could I use it if I don't know what it is. Granted it may be valuable and maybe I just forgot. Also if I can't remember the last time I wore a shirt then I assume I don't like it and will never wear it again and take it to goodwill. My advice to you is throw that crap away or take it to the scrap metal yard.

Yeah, that's where it will likely end up, at 3¢/lb. My junk mostly consists of car parts and a LOT of them. My kids will need a huge dumpster to get rid of their inheritance 😂

• Haha 1

Some humor, and lots of helpful hints.  Good job!

Brings back memories of working in a British Car repair shop I co-owned.  Every once in awhile, someone would drop a few SAE bolts/nuts/etc in the parts box of an ongoing project car.  Lots of fun to watch, unless it was the car you were working on 🤬 .

Guest Ray Davis
2 hours ago, Bob Nodine said:

Ivan,

Bob,  LOL That takes me back to my own childhood, and that was long time ago. 👴

My parents lived through the depression ( Waltons ) and many people that live through it became semi hoarders which meant I straightened a lot a nails in my youth. 

Lots of sore fingers too from the hammer missing the nail.  :thumb:  

Back then we could get wooden crates at the grocery store and we neighborhood kids built many things out of that wood.  Remember the little rascals?   🛠️

Not much wood like that out there today, too expensive I guess.  Not many kids straightening nails either. 

14 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Bob,  LOL That takes me back to my own childhood, and that was long time ago. 👴

My parents lived through the depression ( Waltons ) and many people that live through it became semi hoarders which meant I straightened a lot a nails in my youth. 

Lots of sore fingers too from the hammer missing the nail.  :thumb:  

Back then we could get wooden crates at the grocery store and we neighborhood kids built many things out of that wood.  Remember the little rascals?   🛠️

Not much wood like that out there today, too expensive I guess.  Not many kids straightening nails either. 

Ray,

I loved to watch the Little Rascals when I was young. It was a regular program on one of the three channels in our area. Of course all three channels were black and white. My parents did not get a color television until after I graduated from high school. I remember going to a friends house so we could watch Bonanza in color. Color broadcasts were limited and Bonanza was one of them. In 1957 my uncle was the first person in Asheville, NC that knew how to work on a color television and only rich folks had them. I spent a few summers staying with my uncle and would go on service calls with him. Once we went to the home of the family that owned a trucking company and found the problem with their television was that the maid had unplugged it and forgot to plug it back in. My uncle was the inspiration for me to make a career out of electronics. He was also an avid Ham Radio hobbyist and had a basement full of surplus military electronics equipment. I spent hours down there.  

30 minutes ago, 6Wheels said:

Does anyone recall folding and re-using "tin foil"?

We had a drawer dedicated to that.

Yes I do.

16 hours ago, Jerry Olson said:

The left part is from end of carefree pull rod for unlocking omega slide topper arms to extend for window awnings.

Hey!  I had those awnings on my previous coach.  Never knew there was a special tool.  Probably why I broke the tab off the lock.