120v went out rear of coach 2001windsor

piercelarry69

Maybe. GFI tripped?

circuit breaker not thrown

try turning the breaker off, then back on, sometimes they will go into a half cocked position and not show tripped.

The GFI breaker should be in the Bath room, to be sure push test it should trip and teh press reset, make sure you push it all the way in.

TomC2

03LaPalma

12 hours ago, piercelarry69 said:

circit breaker not thrown

As others have pointed out it could be a GFI tripped. The GFI outlets are usually in the bathroom area but a number of duplex outlets will be ganged off of a single GFI breaker so if that GFI is tripped outlets in other rooms can be dead. Another thing to check are breakers on the inverter. Most inverters have at least two circuit breakers.

Are you plugged into shore power?  Are you using the inverter. 

On my coach there is actually 2 circuit breakers in the main panel for the 2 legs on the inverter, these provide power to the inverter.  The inverter itself as senses if there is incoming power and passes it to the separate panel for the inverted circuits that provide power to the circuits such as mircrowave, refrigerator etc.  The inverter panel has the GFIC breakers for the outlets. 

If you have a multi meter make sure the circuit breakers in both panels are getting power and passing power. 

2 hours ago, piercelarry69 said:

no visible  G F I  except ciccuit breaker it self   however not tripped

I had the same problem on my 2004 Camelot. Turned out the Engine heater had a GFI reciprocal, and it was also a GFI type.  At first I was concerned that my block heater had shorted out.  The problem turn out to be the GFI  reciprocal as the problem did not clear with the block heater unplugged. Replaced the GFI reciprocal and every thing was good. 

On my 2002 coach there is a separate breaker in the main panel that turns it off and on.  The block heater is also turned on/off by a 12 volt switch on the front dash that closes a relay to provide the 120 volt to the heater.  He should be able to check this circuit by turning on the block heat and plugging something into the outlet int eh engine compartment.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:01 AM, jacwjames said:

Are you plugged into shore power?  Are you using the inverter. 

On my coach there is actually 2 circuit breakers in the main panel for the 2 legs on the inverter, these provide power to the inverter.  The inverter itself as senses if there is incoming power and passes it to the separate panel for the inverted circuits that provide power to the circuits such as mircrowave, refrigerator etc.  The inverter panel has the GFIC breakers for the outlets. 

If you have a multi meter make sure the circuit breakers in both panels are getting power and passing power. 

UP DATE.    FOUND CIRCULT BREAKER AT THE INVERTER/ CONVERTER.    TRIED TO RESET KEEPS POPPEN.  I AM ON SHORE POWER

OK NEW UP DATE  electrction  work on rvs  keeps saying GFI   he has not located.     ..... now he is saying I have some plugs wired reversed ??? says GFI breaker is confused an wont reset coming back Am to fix//??????????

Edited by piercelarry69

Try turning off the circuit breakers on the secondary panel and the try resetting the circuit breaker on the inverter.  Then flip the 2 main inverter circuit breakers one at a time.  If the circuit breaker stays in then try flipping on 1 circuit breaker at a time to try and identify which circuit might bet bad.

I have a 2004 Camelot and I had the same issue.  Checked everything.   Called the factory (when we could) and the rep  pulled the wiring  schematic for my rig.  He said it was a GFI receptacle .  I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.  I finally did find it and it was on the side of the counter opposite the bed.  It was on the side of the cabinet facing the rear of the coach (just opposite the doors for the washer and dryer.  You definitely have one or more.  If you want I can come over to your rig and help you to try and locate it.

Don Genesse

Site 33

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2020 at 5:18 AM, Bob Nodine said:

As others have pointed out it could be a GFI tripped. The GFI outlets are usually in the bathroom area but a number of duplex outlets will be ganged off of a single GFI breaker so if that GFI is tripped outlets in other rooms can be dead. Another thing to check are breakers on the inverter. Most inverters have at least two circuit breakers.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, namvet77 said:

I have a 2004 Camelot and I had the same issue.  Checked everything.   Called the factory (when we could) and the rep  pulled the wiring  schematic for my rig.  He said it was a GFI receptacle .  I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.  I finally did find it and it was on the side of the counter opposite the bed.  It was on the side of the cabinet facing the rear of the coach (just opposite the doors for the washer and dryer.  You definitely have one or more.  If you want I can come over to your rig and help you to try and locate it.

Don Genesse

Site 33

I have lived in the rv for 3 years an have never seen or foun d a GFI

On 4/9/2020 at 2:10 PM, piercelarry69 said:

I have lived in the rv for 3 years an have never seen or foun d a GFI

BINGO! Your rig HAS a GFCI somewhere. I have three. One in the bathroom, one in the basement compartment and the third in the engine compartment for the block heater. You may have one behind your fridge. Pull the outside cover and look in there with a flashlight. Also, post the brand and model of your inverter. Often it's hard to find the circuit breakers on the inverter as they are simply buttons that need to be pushed in. See pic below.....Since you don't know where your GFCI is, my money is on it being tripped.....Dennis

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Dennis H

This may be over simplified but my GCCI circuits are built into the circuit breakers themselves located in the main panel. The breakers have little yellow buttons that on occasion have tripped. The breaker itself doesn't trip but the yellow button pops out. Just a thought.

Ken Wilcox - 2003 The Executive

5 minutes ago, Grampy OG said:

This may be over simplified but my GCCI circuits are built into the circuit breakers themselves located in the main panel. The breakers have little yellow buttons that on occasion have tripped. The breaker itself doesn't trip but the yellow button pops out. Just a thought.

Ken Wilcox - 2003 The Executive

pushed yellow button  circuit breakers poped  nothing

12 hours ago, Dennis H said:

BINGO! Your rig HAS a GFCI somewhere. I have three. One in the bathroom, one in the basement compartment and the third in the engine compartment for the block heater. You may have one behind your fridge. Pull the outside cover and look in there with a flashlight. Also, post the brand and model of your inverter. Often it's hard to find the circuit breakers on the inverter as they are simply buttons that need to be pushed in. See pic below.....Since you don't know where your GFCI is, my money is on it being tripped.....Dennis

Untitled.jpg

nope  checked every where.    I have same as your pic circuit breaker is good.         looked everywhere engne compartment. basement

My coach does not have (or at least I hadn't found any) outlet type GFCI plugs.  All my GFCI's are built into the breakers themselves.  

I would check both legs of the power coming in to confirm that the transfer switch and main service panel are working.   I would then suggest testing voltage at each circuit breaker to make sure they are passing power.   If you eliminate all of this then it indicates it is a problem with an individual circuit, which you should be able to identify.  You will have to check power from the panel to the first outlet and then work you way down the chain.  It could be a loose wire  (neutral or hot) on a plug and/or wire nut.  

I built and wired my own house and even though I took pains to make sure everything was done correctly I still found a couple individual outlets or circuits with problems.  In most cases it was a wire nut issue.

the first plug in the series  is out   matter of fact all plugs are out       might ad when I turn gen on an cut shore power. still no power

29 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

My coach does not have (or at least I hadn't found any) outlet type GFCI plugs.  All my GFCI's are built into the breakers themselves.  

I would check both legs of the power coming in to confirm that the transfer switch and main service panel are working.   I would then suggest testing voltage at each circuit breaker to make sure they are passing power.   If you eliminate all of this then it indicates it is a problem with an individual circuit, which you should be able to identify.  You will have to check power from the panel to the first outlet and then work you way down the chain.  It could be a loose wire  (neutral or hot) on a plug and/or wire nut.  

I built and wired my own house and even though I took pains to make sure everything was done correctly I still found a couple individual outlets or circuits with problems.  In most cases it was a wire nut issue.

the first plug in the series  is out   matter of fact all plugs are out       might ad when I turn gen on an cut shore power. still no power

Look in the kitchen and bathrooms. Not in the obvious places though. I think Monaco techs sometimes play games with us. I've seen receptacles in the strangest places. Look UNDERNEATH the medicine cabinet and the one over the toilet. Look also under the cabinets in the kitchen as well as that one that's hidden next to the sofa.....think of it as a treasure hunt. Finally, look in your breaker box for a breaker that's different than the others. Some will have a white button on them and some will simply have a white wire attached. Let us know if your box has any of those..See below.....Dennis

gfci.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

Look in the kitchen and bathrooms. Not in the obvious places though. I think Monaco techs sometimes play games with us. I've seen receptacles in the strangest places. Look UNDERNEATH the medicine cabinet and the one over the toilet. Look also under the cabinets in the kitchen as well as that one that's hidden next to the sofa.....think of it as a treasure hunt. Finally, look in your breaker box for a breaker that's different than the others. Some will have a white button on them and some will simply have a white wire attached. Let us know if your box has any of those..See below.....Dennis

gfci.jpg

yes I have the tw0  on right   one for kit an 1 for bath

Just now, piercelarry69 said:

yes I have the one  on right  2ea.  one for kit an 1 for bath

I have looked every were    under over on top through  behind panels  If i could get my head in I have seen it. from one end of this coach to the other

you may also have a problem in a junction box esp if the first dead outlet is in a slide. Monaco used stranded wire for flexibility going into the slide and solid wires elsewhere.  It happened to me where the slide circuit fed the microwave. two different wire type in a wire nut loosened by vibration and slide movement over time.   1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationer  

Coming in late.  From the top.    The outlets must have some circuit breaker protection.  GFCII is required if an outlet is within 5 or so feet of a "Water" (or a ground) source.  There are TWO ways of providing that.  First....you could have a 30 Amp breaker with GFCI  in the main panel.  That is the feed for the Inverter.  Since you have upstream protection, then no downstream protection is required.

Remember....the Magnum is actually a MINI Automatic Transfer Switch.  IF you have 120 Shore power, then the Magnum just passes through the power.  The main panel 30 Amp Breaker....if it is a GFCI....provides the protection.  If it is a straight breaker....then there must be protection downstream....and you have a 20 Amp GFCI located on the output of the Magnum.  Typically, there are TWO 20 Amp pin style circuit breakers on the Magnum.  One is for the House Outlets....that goes to a GFCI receptacle.  All the other outlets downstream are protected by it.  The OTHER pin circuit breaker is the Microwave.  It does NOT have a GFCI on it...  It is a dedicated circuit and the microwave will drive the GFCI crazy.

OK....you stated, I think, that you can NOT reset the Pin circuit breaker on the Magnum.  THAT means there is a downstream SHORT or problem.  When you can not reset a CB, odds are, you have TWO wires touching.   Or a DEAD SHORT.   

This is where it gets tricky or requires a lot of time.  Your receptacles are "Mobile Home" or Manufactured Home style.  That means that there is no "cut and strip and screw in the conductors".  There is just ONE continuous line.  The receptacles have V-shaped notches (sharpened).  You strip off the outer jacket.  You put the insulated conductors into the slots and then when you compress or snap the receptacle in place.....the sharpened V-notches cut into the jacket or the insulation of the White and Black and then that outlet is live.  With these style receptacles, you can NOT remove them....as easily as ones with screw termianls.

It will take a "outlet by outlet search to find the short.  Typically, you should see evidence of the short in the outlet.

Hope this explains it....Good Luck...

Quote "pushed yellow button  circuit breakers popped  nothing"

If you are saying that you have the yellow buttons and when you push them in and then they pop back out you either have a dead short or a bad breaker. Sometimes the short is caused by moister somewhere in the circuit and that's a bugger to check. As stated before breakers fail. You might need to swap it out. If the problem persists take the new one back for a refund and reinstall the original.

Ken Wilcox - 03 The Executive