Splendid vented washer disaster

IlliniCathy

First off.  I love my Splendide vented combo washer/dryer.  I call it my miracle machine.  But last night as we lay in bed,it awakenned me sounding funny.  Water was draining out the door and the water was to the top of the window as the dryer tried to tumble the clothes dry.  The washer would not pump out.  It apparently filled to wash, filled to rinse and was unable to pump any water out.  There was a puddle in front of washer as well as in the corner of the bedroom.    I stopped it and turned off water pump so no more water could be pumped in.  We tried to figure out what our next move would be.  Open the door and spill gallons of water, continue to let it dribble and sop it up with towels all night long?  I am sharing the solution to the dilemma so maybe it will help someone else.  We threaded our air hose down the drain and siphoned the wash water into the shower.  I have a brilliant Magiver Man!  He gets major kudos for quick thinking at midnight!  After this trip, we will have to figure out what failed and repair, but I was sure glad not to have to open that door!!!!

Well that is a great story and a creative emergency solution. I might have pushed the pipe into the vent outside because it’s bigger. I do this to blow lint and other debris out of the machine. Great trick you discovered, hope you let us know what the problem is. 
My wife loves our Splendid. 

Cathy,  Just curious, will it even allow you to open the door when it has water in it?  My wife's only complaint about our Splendide machine is the small load capacity and the length of time it take to completely wash and dry a load.  Of course I always have to remind her not to wait until we have a lot of laundry to do .... to no avail I might add. 😉   I bought a small hand pump (like a primer bulb used on outboard boat engines) for a smaller situation but I think it may be prudent to carry a longer section of tygon tubing to reach over to the shower.

A follow up.  Washer is up and running.  I am embarrassed to admit the filter was completely clogged.  I have been using detergent pods.  Has anyone else had a problem with them gunking up the filter?