2000 Dynasty Airbags

Went to move the Motorhome last week and saw it leaning port side. Tried dumping air still leaning. Started engine and aired up and it was worse. Did some investigation and found crack in rear rear airbag. Now I need to replace the bag. Trying to find a part number or what bag to purchase. It’s a RR8 chassis, 34’ Dynasty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

I had the same issue looking for part numbers on my 2008 Cayman, go to REVRVPARTS.com or call the number on the website. They should be able to get that information to you, I was able to get the paint codes for my Rv as well. They are very helpful.

The only way to find Airbag part number was to remove airbag from Motorhome. I began lowering jacks to raise Rv, then set 2, 12 ton jack stands under rear frame. Removed wheel well cover and mud flap. Then battled with removing the 4 nuts that mount airbag to chassis. Final step remove air lines and fitting. Found part number on top of bag. Should arrive in 3 days. Thanks to all the help.

Bill

D6BC5C2A-6020-4D77-9F7D-EA089E3B2EBB.jpeg

DC826496-5D99-41E2-9992-32660B51FC4C.jpeg

FC6FA69B-DAF3-41CA-912F-88D5A572CFE7.jpeg

2F4F3246-B08A-4763-A0E9-1A4773B979C1.jpeg

D3F91142-164C-45E3-90BF-0905E36EA2F2.jpeg

Edited by Bill Hines

Temporary potential fix.

We had a hole in a front driver’s side bag and was able to locate the hole. Took a self tapping screw slightly larger than the hole and coated it with silicone and let it dry. 

Next day aired up fine was good enough to drive it to nearest Freightliner dealer 48 miles away to have it replaced. They had the bag in stock. 

Updated 

Edited by Wheelsnkeels
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 9:05 PM, Bill Hines said:

You are right, previous owner had it replaced in 2011. I have no idea. What ever caused it to crack I won’t do it again. I just don’t know what the cause was.  It’s been stored indoors most of it’s life.

Wonder why it was replaced the first time.  Odd that you've had to have two replaced.

I'm still running my original bags.  I was concerned about condition last year so inspected each bag and sprayed down with soapy water.  No visual problems and no leaks.  So I opted to purchase a couple spare and carry then. 

I think I have enough tools and knowledge to replace if necessary.  This may not be for everyone but for me it is the best option. 

9 hours ago, jacwjames said:

I'm still running my original bags.

So am I.  They look to be in decent shape.  Any thoughts on keeping the air bags conditioned, say with like a slide out rubber lube, to help the longevity?

On 5/19/2022 at 7:37 AM, Wheelsnkeels said:

Temporary potential fix.

We had a hole in a front driver’s side bag and was able to locate the hole. Took a self tapping screw slightly larger than the hole and coated it with silicone and let it dry. Next day aired up fine was good enough to drive it to nearest Freightliner dealer 48 miles away to have it replaced. They had the bag in stock. 

I bet that a tire plug repair kit would have worked also that uses rubber cement.

I recently repaired a small hole with a tire plug repair kit purchased at Walmart that had a nail sticking in it in my rear car tire. The hole was located where all tire shops would not touch it due to liability. It was barely on the radius edge of the tire just off from the tread. Worked like a charm and has been there for two months now without losing any pressure.