Air leaking from this part

I have a 2008 Monaco Dynasty that is 45 feet with an ISM500. Not sure whether that matters. I am getting quite an air leak from the device shown in the pictures. Can anyone educate me on what this is and whether it is repairable or should be replaced? If it needs replaced, where do I go to get it and what is it called? I can’t easily see any writing on it, because it is quite a way above me. It is located behind the tag axle to the driver side of the engine and slightly in front of the engine. You can see the bubbles.

251EF889-68A6-4DEE-8259-DF096BF2193A.jpeg

AF6A25A1-C993-42D8-B9FB-CC0F9C570A83.jpeg

A3D1A9E6-FA61-4FF1-9393-3CEAFB47320A.jpeg

Edited by Doug and Nicki

Definitely not your governor unless it's connected to your air compressor on your motor. Looks to me like the service break discharge port.  I just walked by this poster maybe it can help you. Haven't had a chance to look it over.  

20220514_031059.jpg

1 hour ago, Jdw12345 said:

Looks like the air dryer to me……..

I don't think so. I am ASSUMING (DANGEROUS) that Monaco used a Wabco Air Dryer assembly on most of their motor homes.  That is usually located in the engine compartment and has a large filter (think oil filter design). The unit in the picture has no filter, or one that I can see and it would not be logical to put an air dryer behind the tag axle. BEST ADVICE...  Use an inspection camera and your phone... or drain the air tanks and take it off.  

Otherwise, carry it to an OTR truck repair shop that can do DOT brake inspections.  They will quickly tell you what it is and will replace it. 

As an aside, my Wabco started to leak a few years ago.  I sprayed most of the major components with a soapy water and found that the Wabco was leaking on the front and back. The kits for both sides totaled over $200 plus the labor from my shop.  I just bought a new one, which came with a new filter and had them replace it.  Kits for air devices can be found....but the cost of disassembly and rebuild, if you don't have the skill set...or don't want to, typically are MORE than a new component...

Let us know what it is after you identify it.

It is the air dryer. If air is leaking from it either the valve is dirty and won’t close or something is leaking air causing it to stay open. It is probably the latter. 

On 5/17/2022 at 11:07 PM, Tom Cherry said:

I don't think so. I am ASSUMING (DANGEROUS) that Monaco used a Wabco Air Dryer assembly on most of their motor homes.  That is usually located in the engine compartment and has a large filter (think oil filter design). The unit in the picture has no filter, or one that I can see and it would not be logical to put an air dryer behind the tag axle. BEST ADVICE...  Use an inspection camera and your phone... or drain the air tanks and take it off.  

Otherwise, carry it to an OTR truck repair shop that can do DOT brake inspections.  They will quickly tell you what it is and will replace it. 

As an aside, my Wabco started to leak a few years ago.  I sprayed most of the major components with a soapy water and found that the Wabco was leaking on the front and back. The kits for both sides totaled over $200 plus the labor from my shop.  I just bought a new one, which came with a new filter and had them replace it.  Kits for air devices can be found....but the cost of disassembly and rebuild, if you don't have the skill set...or don't want to, typically are MORE than a new component...

Let us know what it is after you 

On 5/17/2022 at 11:07 PM, Tom Cherry said:

Let us know what it is after you identify it.

The air dryer is separate and is located a couple feet behind this part.

Edited by Doug and Nicki

I had time to crawl back under the RV today and get a better look at things. This is, in fact, the air dryer. I have an appointment Monday to have it replaced. I was absolutely wrong thinking this is something else. Chalk it up to a rookie error. Thanks to everyone for the input. Ivan, thanks for th picture and your insistence about what it is.  

Edited by Doug and Nicki

Remember the dangers of being under the coach ,I would call a tractor trailer shop,make an appointment/send them a picture prior and have them change it out, I have replaced one of these and I think I paid $200 cnd. 

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser