Pressure Pro Pulse System - Discussion and Questions

I have the tire minder system with a repeater and I am 45' then the towed vehicle. Expedition or a trailer and the Tire Minder has been flawless with the externder mounted it very low at the rear of the coach per the instructions and perfect signal.. I first tried with no repeater and even the Tags occasionally had a drop out.  with the repeater I have had perfect response so far event to the duals on the 30' trailer i pull with toys in now and again !   Several manufacturers offer a repeater i believe, but I am only covering what I have experienced and I am very happy with tire minder.. and I get new batteries very year free and I do the caps and o rings as well for I think $5 for the kit.. cant complain of that !  just my 2 pennys !

I forgot why the hype about that specific type. I have had Eeztire on windshield for last 7 years. 12 sensors with easily replaceable batteries and no problems. No repeater needed and half of the batteries are still original. Yeah, the toad batteries got replaced once.

• Like 1

Gary - I purchased the Pressure Pro Pulse FX about 1 1/2 years ago and totally love this set up.  It is not for everyone, as it uses Bluetooth devices as your display.  But that is what I want.  I use a spare iphone (not active) as my continuous display on the dash while driving.   What I like about this set up is that I can monitor this on any bluetooth device.  So on my primary iPhone, or tablet, I can check the tire pressure anywhere in the coach.

Another great feature is the set up that does not require running wires or extenders or repeaters to improve the signal.  My set is as follows.  Since it works on a bluetooth device as the display, it was easy to mount the receiver module and antenna in the middle of the coach in a storage bay.  As long as you have a 120V outlet nearby, you just plug in and you are ready to go.  Since the receiver module and antenna are in the middle of the coach, it minimizes the distance to each tire monitor, including my TOAD.  I NEVER lose signal on the coach and TOAD and even still can pick up the TOAD signal when unhooked and parked close to the coach.  

Again, if you are ok using a bluetooth device for your monitor, this is a great option and can easily be set up in the middle of the coach with no running wires.

All the best in your decision.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Pressure Pro Pulse System - Discussion and Questions
2 hours ago, Garry Donohue said:

< MERGED WITH A PREVIOUS AND ACTIVE PRESSURE PRO TOPIC.  The question asked below was discussed in detail in this topic>

I am just about to purchase pressure pro tire monitor system. Many in this forum say positive about them. My question is…Is there ever any problems with the signal strength between the RV front windshield and the toad     TPMS transmitters? It’s rather an expensive purchase and just wanted to be sure its what I want. Thanks 2007 Dynasty W/ Jeep Grand Cherokee toad. 

Gary, there was a complete discussion that will answer a lot of your questions.  I merged your new topic with this one.  Suggest you start at the beginning for more information.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Bill R said:

Gary - I purchased the Pressure Pro Pulse FX about 1 1/2 years ago and totally love this set up.  It is not for everyone, as it uses Bluetooth devices as your display.  But that is what I want.  I use a spare iphone (not active) as my continuous display on the dash while driving.   What I like about this set up is that I can monitor this on any bluetooth device.  So on my primary iPhone, or tablet, I can check the tire pressure anywhere in the coach.

Another great feature is the set up that does not require running wires or extenders or repeaters to improve the signal.  My set is as follows.  Since it works on a bluetooth device as the display, it was easy to mount the receiver module and antenna in the middle of the coach in a storage bay.  As long as you have a 120V outlet nearby, you just plug in and you are ready to go.  Since the receiver module and antenna are in the middle of the coach, it minimizes the distance to each tire monitor, including my TOAD.  I NEVER lose signal on the coach and TOAD and even still can pick up the TOAD signal when unhooked and parked close to the coach.  

Again, if you are ok using a bluetooth device for your monitor, this is a great option and can easily be set up in the middle of the coach with no running wires.

All the best in your decision.

That’s the idea I was looking for… mounting the antenna in the middle of the coach. Why didn’t I think of that? Thanks Bill. 

14 hours ago, Steve Hepfer said:

I have a 36 foot Diplomat and had to get their antenna to boost the signal to the toad. Mounted it underneath on the frame

Steve, may I ask how you ran the 35-foot antenna extension out of the driver's cockpit arear to the rear and where did you attach the antenna bracket?

I haven't gotten back to this project as work has gotten in my way.

10 hours ago, Garry Donohue said:

That’s the idea I was looking for… mounting the antenna in the middle of the coach. Why didn’t I think of that? Thanks Bill. 

Gary, Pressure Pro sells two different TPMS systems. One is called Pressure Pro Pulse which is what I purchased, and the other is called Pressure Pro Pulse FX which is what Bill is using. Pressure Pro Pulse comes with its own monitor whereas the Pressure Pro Pulse FX only comes with a Bluetooth Receiver, no display. That receiver is placed inside the coach where hopefully ALL of the signals from the tires are received with good strength. But you must use your Bluetooth smartphone for the display.

I like to use my phone as a PHONE and not have to doing 3-4 different functions while traveling with my coach. That's why I chose the Pressure Pro Pulse TPMS.

• Like 1

Gary,

Richard makes a good point.  Here is what I know, as a 12 year user of the PP system and also doing some beta testing for them and also doing some diagnostics on signal strength...  I have a 40 Ft Camelot.

• My original Pressure Pro worked fine for more than a year. As the batteries get older, they obviously....even if pulled during the off season, loose a little voltage.  Then the signal gets weaker...especially the LR of your TOAD...as that is the furthest TPMS sensor location.  I lost mine on a trip.  I worked with the chief "Tech" and did a lot of data loging and also experimented with moving electronics such as a GPS in the cockpit.  Finally, added a 12 VDC repeater in the bathroom.  MANY folks "thought" that putting the repeater in the rear bedroom was the NUTS.  NOPE....in fact that is the WORST place. The mirrors (typically full) actually act as a screen or filter.  SO, in the Bathroom (inside a cabinet where I had power) was the best plan. NOW, the repeater was DC so you could have used a 120 VAC supply.  That fixed it.  As you add more electronics or upgrade or even move them around....the sensitivity of the receivers will vary.  There is no formula or magic "Sniffer" that can be used to find the errant EFI or RFI (invisible electronic fields)..  Generally, do NOT charge a cell on the driver's side or use a GPS there or any other electronic items....
  • Then I was one of the first to UPGRADE to the Pulse system.  The Pulse WAS backwards compatible with the older frequency of the original PP sensors).  I opted to put 6 NEW (different frequency) TPMS on the MH and stayed with the older ones on the TOAD and kept my repeater in place.  That works fine....BUT READ ON....this is the discussion that many of us had when the PP Pulse came out...
  • The Antenna that Richard asked about mounting is a small single staff unit. It is on a COAX. PP recommends mounting the antenna in FRONT of the Rear Drive Axle. I have it.  I decided that it was not worth the trouble of taking out the ceiling panels in the two bays nor snaking the coax over the Fuel bay and the wet bay.  I put it on the wall or front panel of the fuel bay. I tried the new sensors on the TOAD.  Nope....would NOT work....so I stayed with the old sensors....and that is what I will do until PP discontinues them.
  • One of our members (our current owner...David Pratt) opted for the Window antenna on his 2005 Executive. NOTE....that model did NOT have the Intellitec Multiplex System which was added to the 2006 Dynasty and higher.  I have a smaller version of the Intellitec MPX...so MAYBE that was what was blocking my signal on the original PP system....but the repeater worked.
  • I do NOT think that there is a repeater for the NEW Frequency.  My advice....call PP and talk to their techs... my GUT feel is that you will need to install the antenna in front of the rear axle..  I THINK that Richard's original problem was losing a sensor....and if the Windshield or side window did not work for him....and he has the full blown Intellitec MPX system....then you can expect the same....  You and Richard ought to go OFFLINE and share and that would help.

Thanks

14 hours ago, Garry Donohue said:

Bill: I reread your post. You mentioned as long as you have 120 volts in the middle of the coach? Aren’t these 12volts?

Yes Gary - my bad.  I have a 12V cigarette type connection next to a couple of 120V outlets in my middle storage bay.  I plug the unit into the 12V outlet connection.  Sorry for the confusion.

18 hours ago, Ivan K said:

I forgot why the hype about that specific type. I have had Eeztire on windshield for last 7 years. 12 sensors with easily replaceable batteries and no problems. No repeater needed and half of the batteries are still original. Yeah, the toad batteries got replaced once.

I also have one and love it.Researched before I got one and this was my choice. Have a 45' Sig and tow a 2000 Toyota Tundra behind it and have no issues with signal. Have had it 6 yrs and only replaced 3 batteries so far. Hand carry makes it nice when I go outside and air up my tires

Edited by grizzly
  • Like 1

My Tire SafeGuard TPMS in my car has finally been retired as one of the sensors started to read low psi versus what was actually the correct psi in the tire. The Tire SafeGuard that was in my previous Windsor went with the coach when I sold it last April. I still have and use a Tire SafeGuard TPMS on my motorcycle.

When I was in the process of purchasing the Pressure Pro TPMS System for my 8-wheel Dynasty and 4-wheel car, I had planned on having a Legacy TPMS monitor in the coach plus an additional monitor in the car. I had found a Legacy TPMS monitor (see photos) on eBay for the car that came with two large size 90-degree stems and two sensors that fit those stems. It appears that the system was possibly for a large off-road type of vehicle.

I later discovered that the Legacy TPMS style monitor was no longer available for a RV coach and car, so I ended up purchasing the Pressure Pro Pulse System with 12 Dynamic Sensors.

Now that my Tire SafeGuard TPMS has failed I decided to dig out the Pressure Pro Legacy monitor I had purchased on eBay and ordered 4 Legacy Replacement Sensors from Pressure Pro. I later discovered that the PP Pulse Monitor was backward compatible with the standard Legacy sensors. If I had known that prior to purchasing the PP Pulse TPMS I would have only ordered 8 PP Dynamic Sensors for the coach and 4 standard legacy Sensors for the car when I had ordered the PP Pulse System. Oh well!

So, for now I will use the standard sensors on the car when not using the coach. Then when we leave for our travels, I will use the PP Dynamic Sensors on the coach and car since the PP Pulse Monitor is already programmed for all 12 sensors.

Photos attached of the PP Legacy Monitor installed in my car.

PressureProLegacy-1.thumb.jpg.d5ee65c8529ddef2cd536c4fa2f9b39e.jpgPressureProLegacy-2.thumb.jpg.e0070b2901d3df6893f80906b234228a.jpg

Edited by Dr4Film

The recently released tst 770 comes with a repeater. I thought the repeater had to be mounted closer to the rear. Not so. This system allows you to mount it anywhere out of the elements.  I had one of the original pressure pro units Same as the Doran. It was a bad desig. Lots of false alarms. Then bought the old style TST. It was no better. I saw the new TST at Q. Rechargable battery. Huge color screen. Takes normal batteries. But expensive. I am wating to hear from new users.

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 9:30 AM, Tom Cherry said:
  • .The Antenna that Richard asked about mounting is a small single staff unit. It is on a COAX. PP recommends mounting the antenna in FRONT of the Rear Drive Axle. I have it.  I decided that it was not worth the trouble of taking out the ceiling panels in the two bays nor snaking the coax over the Fuel bay and the wet bay.  I put it on the wall or front panel of the fuel bay. I tried the new sensors on the TOAD.  Nope....would NOT work....so I stayed with the old sensors....and that is what I will do until PP discontinues them.

Tom,

I am currently installing the 35-foot antenna extension under the coach. I plan to install it wherever the length will take it snaking it under the bottom of the coach. May I ask what type of bracket did you use when installing yours as no bracket came in the package? My antenna needs to be pointing downward as recommended by the techs at Pressure Pro when I talked with them.

Many thanks for your advice!

Also, why did you choose to install your antenna onto the front of the fuel bay? You must have had lots of extra cable leftover. Does it pickup ALL of your sensors including the toad reliably? 

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Tom,

I am currently installing the 35-foot antenna extension under the coach. I plan to install it wherever the length will take it snaking it under the bottom of the coach. May I ask what type of bracket did you use when installing yours as no bracket came in the package? My antenna needs to be pointing downward as recommended by the techs at Pressure Pro when I talked with them.

Many thanks for your advice!

Also, why did you choose to install your antenna onto the front of the fuel bay? You must have had lots of extra cable leftover. Does it pickup ALL of your sensors including the toad reliably? 

I THOUGHT mine had a 90 deg bracket.  I remember just predrilling a small pilot hole for the two screws and then using two drill point roofing screws and my drill/screwdriver and that was it.  I MAY have not pointed it down. PRESSURE PRO was still in the Beta (we are learning) phase when David Pratt and I took the leap of faith and upgraded.

I did coil up the excess coax.

I only ordered 6 (you will need 8  of the new smart sensors,  I have an old frequency repeater in my bathroom for the Yukon and I ordered 4 old style for it.  

That’s it

OK….A point for you and others about how the site works.  When you post, say a long time as you did, and need a question answered, do it this way….as an example….start out with the following.  I used your screen name.  You will get an email alerting to being “called out” in a post.  That insures that the person gets a heads up.  You should have received one when I post this. Thanks 

Hey, @Dr4Film

@Tom Cherry

Thanks for the tip on how to post better. Never knew how that worked. I appreciate learning new stuff about this site.

My antenna did not come from Pressure Pro with any mounting bracket. I will have to look around at Lowes or Home Depot for something that will work as a bracket.

I plan to use all of the cable. Whether it makes it to the front of the rear axle or not, it will get mounted where I run out of cable. I will find out once I get under there and start routing the cable.

Full timing for 12 years now have had 3 different TPMS systems. All 3 gave me fits with monitoring the toad. Lots and lots of false”loss sensor” alarms. One time had a number of alarms on 3 tires on the toad. Actually had a rear tire come apart and ruined the rim before someone flagged me down. Upgraded the ‘repeaters’ installed it under the rear bumper, got new replacement sensors, good customer service from all 3, but just couldn’t trust them.

Decided to purchase the Pressure Pro Pulse system with 12 sensors. Ran the 35’ cable under the coach to attach it in front of the drive wheels. Looped and wire tied the extra cable. Mistake - PP said not to loop the extra cable as it makes the antenna system less effective. They stated to zig zag the extra cable length. Redid it. 2000 miles later, very happy with the system. NO FALSE ALARMS!  What really sold me on the system is the ability to see all 4 axles and 12 tires at the same time with both pressures and temperatures. The sensors seem to update about every 60 seconds.

I use an old IPhone 5plus with the PPP system, it bluetooths to the pulse system. Stays active all the time.

I did have an issue with the fourth axle (toad) that couldn’t adjust the pressures for the alarms. PP engineer got into my account and made some changes on a temp basis. They will incorporate that change in an app update.

Here at two shots of my IPhone 1- in the morning and the other in the afternoon.

F23CDD97-F911-4266-9420-C6B69FD8284B.jpeg

3DBD3588-52D9-4678-BC89-366BCDBECA9B.jpeg

To clarify Jeff's post, there are two different models of the new Pressure Pro Pulse TPMS. One is called PP Pulse which has its own monitor and the second is called PP Pulse FX which requires you to use a smart phone to interface with the PP Pulse FX TPMS.

Both are excellent TPMS's, it just depends on whether you want to have a small standalone monitor or use a smart phone for your monitor.

• 1 month later...

Here is a follow-up post to a previous post where I was installing the 35 foot remote antenna for the Pressure Pro Pulse Monitor Display due to having almost constant "loss of signals to various sensors while traveling.

I got the antenna installed prior to our 1500 mile trip to New Hampshire. I snaked it out through an opening near the lower left hand bottom corner of the front dash area where a ton of wires go down through the same opening. I only had to punch through some foam that encompassed the wires. From that point on it was just a matter of using Zip Ties to attach it to existing cables then down under the bottom of the chassis all the way to the back just prior to the rear axle. That's where I ended up attaching the antenna to the bottom middle of the coach.

On our trip north over 5 days of travel while towing our 2006 Saturn Vue, I never once lost a single signal from ANY of the 12 sensors and I had only one alert first thing early one morning stating that I had two tires on my car that were reading low psi. Those two tires are the ones where the valve stems need to me replaced as they both have VERY slow leaks around the rubber base. Plus the early morning temperatures were getting cooler compared to temps in Florida.

I filled up the two tires and I never had another alert for the balance of the trip.

I absolutely love this Pressure Pro System!

I thank @David Pratt for both his and many other users who recommended this Pulse TPMS.

I will not move the coach and car if towed without it turned on.

When just using the car, I have a PP Legacy Monitor to monitor the four tires.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, I'm new here.

If ANYONE has even ONE of the Tire-Safeguard valve cap sensors that works, I would happily purchase it from you. I lost one and it's maddening. Had a tow vehicle tire go to zero at night and luckily it was the wheel that had a sensor while the other one did not.  Thank you in advance!

Mike

Guest Ray Davis
1 hour ago, Mwhitok said:

Hi folks, I'm new here.

If ANYONE has even ONE of the Tire-Safeguard valve cap sensors that works, I would happily purchase it from you. I lost one and it's maddening. Had a tow vehicle tire go to zero at night and luckily it was the wheel that had a sensor while the other one did not.  Thank you in advance!

Mike

Check these out    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313&_nkw=pressure+pro&_sacat=6030

Time to replace the obsolete Tire SafeGuard TPMS with a different one.

When I discovered that the company no longer supported the Tire SafeGuard TPMS I chose the Pressure Pro TPMS.

I have been very happy with the new TPMS once I got the remote antenna extension installed.

Edited by Dr4Film