Tire balance Beads?

Go to solution Solved by waterskier_1,

On 4/11/2023 at 7:23 AM, Dr4Film said:

Not all "tire balancing beads" are made the same. I have used RV Tire Balancing Dyna Beads purchased from Innovative Balancing in Las Vegas. Thats' the ONLY place I would trust in getting the correct product for your tires.

I had no issues at all with those beads.

I have since converted to Balance Masters as they can be mounted and then transferred to other coaches if needed. Whereas the beads are harder to collect and transfer. Therefore when changing tires with beads you have to use new bags for the tires.

Here is the web site for Innovative Balancing.

DynaBeads Tire Balancing Beads (innovativebalancing.com)

I used the RV-EZO121 packages for the 295/80R/22.5 tires or M144 Toyo's.

Tell us more about Balance Masters.

I can offer few pictures for comparison. Black powder coated balancemasters vs galvanized centramatics. All have lifetime warranty, $20-30 difference. Same function, different execution... Balancemasters also have mini vent feature if you believe that it actually does anything noticeable inside the wheel dish. Can't go wrong with either one.

20230430_130048.jpg

• Like 1

I believe there is a slight difference in the technology between Balance Masters and Centramatics.  Centramatics use "durametal" beads, 0.090 in dia, in a synthetic moly dampening fluid.  Balance Masters uses Liquid Mercury they promote as "QuickSilver".  Probably not to scare people off.

One could say the Balance Masters can provide an infinite dynamic balancing, but it probably could never be measured.

I have the Balance Masters and have great results, just as others do with Balance Masters and DynaBeads.  Seem to be all great products for our industry.

• Like 1

Thank you, Ivan, Martin and Bill, for explaining about Balance Masters and Centramatics for Ed F.

I went with Balance Masters as that is what Barry at Josam's recommended and installed for me on both the Windsor and my Dynasty. I respect Barry's opinion and knowledge; I consider him to be one of the industries experts seeing that he manages one of the BEST chassis service centers in the country.

I ran with Dyna-beads for years with no problems.  I never went to the trouble of trying to use them again with tire changes, so last year I went to Balance Masters with Barry's blessing.  Maybe it's my imagination, but both I and my wife think the ride is a tad smoother with Balance Masters all the way around.