wanted Aladdin Joystick

ok-rver

Broke off the Joystick at my dash. Swapped rear to front. Looking for a take off that someone no longer needs.

• Like 1

Hi Mike!

Functioning Aladdin Joysticks with associated control boards have become as rare as hens teeth.  Visone has used ones for $250 plus shipping.  NWRVsupply has new joysticks without the control board for $75, but you have to very carefully solder it onto your functioning control board.  If you still have one that functions, I would consider yourself lucky.  I only have one left that functions also, so if you find any that are reasonably priced, let me know.

Richard

I have replaced the joystick on some. I think I have some spares too.

Best is to repair yours as I have seen a couple different models (with and without beepers), but I think they are all compatible.

I even got better at printing the bezels.

image.thumb.jpeg.ee41a4c39d3db112c1f57f2648b7769a.jpeg

Please PM me if interested.

Paul

• 4 months later...

My only dash Aladdin Joy Stick is temperamental. Sometimes I have to push it multiple times to get it to respond at times, then other times it responds immediately. Plus it works better when scrolling in one direction than the other.

I use it to set up the monitor for viewing the rear camera while driving. I seldom use it for anything else.

It's just a minor inconvenience right now but if it fails to respond at all I would be lost not having the rear view camera active while driving.

Apparently the joystick itself is readily available.  It is a Grayhill 04A-K01 or Alladin GH7454.  You can Google it, but not only eBay but Digikey/Mouser/NW RV have these items under the Grayhill number.  You must solder the joystick to the board however.  Please see any of the links below for details...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225737183143

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/grayhill-inc/04A-K01/2138042

https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Grayhill/04A-K01?qs=ls7QRyWmRk6VeZ5XNPG2Qg%3D%3D

• Like 1

Good links Bruce!

I have bought replacement joysticks from Mouser before and Digikey did not have any at the time. Mouser's stock was getting low, but it looks like there has been more received, so that is good news.

They can be a bit of a chore to remove, depending on what equipment/skills you have, but fairly straightforward.

5 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

My only dash Aladdin Joy Stick is temperamental.

Richard,

I had the same symptoms and fixed mine by soldering in a new joystick.

Paul

Different use in my case but has anyone sourced just the buttons? Not sure if they are exactly same because I don't have Aladdin (sp?) but I have similar missing/broken on both seat compressor controls. It still works so not really big problem and not worth the $$ for complete pieces since I can't even see them at the wall side of the seat. Like this? 

Screenshot_20231201_144914_Gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

3D Printer?

Thanks, sounds like a lot of designing for something that should cost couple bucks a dozen, I'll figure something out when if I get to it, similar are used for car mirrors too which makes me think I might even have some somewhere. 

Paul, 

I see you said you had some ,, please send me your phone number and I will call you. 

I have found if you take the big square knob off the joystick post,, it is harder to catch and break.

Greg C, 2005 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV

Calgary, Alberta Canada,

wintering in Mexico, Lo de Marcos Riveria Nayarit

19 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Richard,

I had the same symptoms and fixed mine by soldering in a new joystick.

Paul

Paul, thanks for the suggestion! It hasn't gotten to the point where I need to do it right away.

How difficult was it to remove the old one and solder in a new one? Are there special tools that are needed to accomplish the task?