Fridge Fixer door lock

tmw188
Go to solution Solved by tmw188,

I’ve tried Fridge Fixer with no results for the one with the knob?

Well I must of visioned something different looking. RV in the search resulted in one for the Samsung but too much money. I have something else coming but that should work.

Like you I think the prices they ask are out

rageous for what the thing is.  So I made my own, I had made a post about it but below are some pictures.  The long screw with rounded end is actually a hood release type lock that came with a release button that I mounted into a larger padded furniture foot pad.   The other end is an elongated nut with the same threads as the hood lock and than a large washer to mount to the long nut.  I used 3M tape to mount it to the fridge.  Didn't cost much.  I've been using it for a year now and so far no problems. 

Fridge lock 1.jpg

fridge lock 2.jpg

Fridge Lock 3.JPG

Fridge lock parts.jpg

• Like 2

I used a child safety lock. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Safety-1st-Refrigerator-Decor-Door-Lock-HS187/203754425
Got tired of those left hand turns throwing the pickle
s out on the floor.

Locked it across the french doors and it worked to keep the doors shut.

nvrtoofast_a_pickle_flying_out_of_the_fridge_17b6d2f7-3a4b-4666-8ee3-b81c7b8d7700.png

I'm a tad surprised at the cost. It is engineered well. The plastic is all 3D printed plastic. No molded plastic. Likely run low inventories. I would have expected it to be a tad cheap. It is a bit overbuilt for my taste. even the 3M tape adhesive units run near $100. surprising for something that costs around $2 to manufacture. The low market volume and amortization of engineering is likely the high costs. With the patent still pending, there is likely an opening in the market for a molded unit knockoff. $20-$30 Just saying...

16 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

You could add one (or two) more like what you have for the doors to keep the freezer drawer locked. Just locate them at the bottom of the doors adjacent to the freezer drawer.

The gap is too large there between the two because of the hand hold spacing to open the freezer door. I have my old design that will work I believe. 

22 hours ago, tmw188 said:

Thank you but Way too expensive.

I like this off the shelf solution that works great, & didn't mind paying for it....

https://www.amazon.com/Fridge-Fixer-HRQ16-Series/dp/B08GXQKWZX?ref_=ast_sto_dp

• 2 weeks later...

Todd,

That is exactly what the folks at Billy Thibideaux's RV in Scott LA did when they installed the Samsung RF-197 in our previous Windsor.

Simple and easy to use plus it provides a solid positive lock for the freezer drawer.

Some folks were scared to death of drilling into the drawer but there is basically nothing in there to damage.

I would do that again in a heartbeat for any bottom freezer drawer lock.

Photos taken back in 2012.

IMG_1146.JPG

Samsung Freezer Drawer Lock Key.JPG

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Todd,

That is exactly what the folks at Billy Thibideaux's RV in Scott LA did when they installed the Samsung RF-197 in our previous Windsor.

Simple and easy to use plus it provides a solid positive lock for the freezer drawer.

Some folks were scared to death of drilling into the drawer but there is basically nothing in there to damage.

I would do that again in a heartbeat for any bottom freezer drawer lock.

Photos taken back in 2012.

IMG_1146.JPG

Samsung Freezer Drawer Lock Key.JPG

I’ll be darn, yeah I made one for my other rf 18 and then modified it some to work on this new model. These pics are the original. It was burned out of SS on a burn table. 

IMG_9101.jpeg

IMG_9100.jpeg

Edited by tmw188