HWH Computerized Leveling panel

Good afternoon,

We are on the search for a new panel as ours does not work consistently.  The part# is AP24249 or RAP91137.  I called HWH directly and these are no longer produced.  They can be sent for repair but are 4-6 weeks out but we are in Canada, so will be longer.

Was wondering if anyone would have a good used one or a new one sitting on a shelf.  Let me know.  Thank you Linda

• Like 1

If no one has an extra for you and you happen to have a friend who can solder, it might cost you whole of $9 or less to replace the flaky buttons that are most likely your problem. I don't remember the size but they are in this assortment. Check the cable connection first however.

2019-08-20_15-14-58_996.jpeg

Screenshot_20240213_133921_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

I was told on my Rva system which is some different, to repeatedly actuate and release the switches or buttons. It apparently removed the oxidation present from infrequent use. That is over a year ago and all is working fine yet. May not he.p you but is pretty easy to try. 

19 hours ago, Ivan K said:

If no one has an extra for you and you happen to have a friend who can solder, it might cost you whole of $9 or less to replace the flaky buttons that are most likely your problem. I don't remember the size but they are in this assortment. Check the cable connection first however.

2019-08-20_15-14-58_996.jpeg

Screenshot_20240213_133921_Chrome.jpg

I saw one of Ivan's older posts talking about this and changed one of my buttons. Bought the assortment of button switches on Amazon and a cheap soldering kit that included the de soldering tools. Pretty easy to do. I did watch a couple of videos on desoldering also. 

Thanks for the idea Ivan! 

• Like 1

http://www.rvleveling.com/contact-stuarts-service.html  

Stuart's Service proudly installs and services HWH Hydraulic Leveling Systems on RVs, semi-trailers, ATVs and EMT vehicles. Consistent, high quality service has propelled Stuart's to the top – recognized by HWH as a five-star Master Service Center. We stock thousands of HWH replacement parts. So whether you are a dealer or owner and need replacement parts - Stuart's is the place to call!

Edited by Paul J A

This may sound silly but are you sure that the control board itself is defective?  In our coach the touch pad had become erratic leading me to wonder the same question.  In the end all we needed was a new touch pad insert which was readily available from HWH.  We haven't had an issue since then.

If you look at my photo below, the black/white cover is a touch pad that degrades with use.  If you look closely at the "off"  and "air" buttons you will see holes.  There were other issues but once this stick on pad was replaced all our issues melted away.  We happened to be at a rally where HWH had a booth.  The rep had these pads at the booth since apparently they are wear items.  I'm not even sure if he even charged me for the pad.  Hope this helps.

RV info pics Aug19 (2).JPG

Before you buy a new touch pad, take apart the control panel. Remove the board assembly and reconnect the cable. Now test each switch. If it all works, you have a touch pad issue. My bet it will be the switches. It is apparent that over time the internal contacts of the switch get a non conductive coating and  no longer work. BTW, the switching mechanism is a tiny disc.

I had a few switches that were dead and replaced them all. I'm skilled in electronics devices and soldering so it was NBD for me. If you are not, you could buy the parts and find a local geek to do the work.

• Like 1

Update....replaced the switches on the panel, gave it a clean, have a new face plate sticker coming, but it works...woohoo.  Replaced it in the MH last night, tested, and it worked on the first try.  So happy.  Thank you everyone for the all the advice.  Thank you to our Son, Brody for doing the electrical on the panel.

20240222_083319.jpg

20240222_083324.jpg

20240222_083332.jpg

• Like 3