Question about Monaco/HR/Beaver pecking order

I am looking for something that will tell me just how high-end or low-end my motorhome is. 
if you go to Newmar or Tiffin websites, one can tell how their models are racked and stacked. Which is their high-end model and down the pecking order. I am merely curious where my 2003 Signature Centurion sits in the 2003 Monaco pecking order. I found the build sheet and it’s an Eddie Bauer Edition and in 2003 cost a hefty $499,850.  Thats a lot if money in 2003. Heck, its a lot if money in 2024!  So can snyone tell me where my Sig sits in the 2003 pecking order?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keith H. said:

I am looking for something that will tell me just how high-end or low-end my motorhome is. 
if you go to Newmar or Tiffin websites, one can tell how their models are racked and stacked. Which is their high-end model and down the pecking order. I am merely curious where my 2003 Signature Centurion sits in the 2003 Monaco pecking order. I found the build sheet and it’s an Eddie Bauer Edition and in 2003 cost a hefty $499,850.  Thats a lot if money in 2003. Heck, its a lot if money in 2024!  So can snyone tell me where my Sig sits in the 2003 pecking order?

Technically speaking, you are NOT the Grand Pooh Bah of Monaco.  Those royal robes are worn by the “ROYALE”.  Now don’t ask me how many and what.  There was a “SIGNATURE ROYALE” series circa 1990’s.  Do some googling with “FOR SALE”.  They were tag axles way back when folks couldn’t spell…TAG AXLE.

https://familyrvingmag.com/2005/06/01/royale-coach-by-monaco-conversions/

NOW…You do get Princely Heir Apparent regalia in the “STANDARD PRODUCTION” or “brochures category”.  Lest you be too giddy, heady or “presumptuous”, there were, circa 2006 or so, a few “customized” Navigators that out priced your rig.  The HR Navigator is supposed to be the Executive equivalent….and lowly Holiday Rambler was not allowed to have an equal Monarch to the SIGNATURE.

BUT, at least one Navigator had an MSRP of say, $1 million.  . It was custom ordered for a NASCAR “Cup” driver that had not the resources for a Prevost, like his other 3 teammates.  One thing stuck out when we got a peek….little did I know back then, but the lighted Intellitec MPX Keypads were custom run with a BLUE led. The driver was superstitious….and the yellowish/greenish color was his BAD LUCK COLOR.  Custom designed floor plan with a mega big screen TV and Bose Dolby or maybe Lucas THX.  The TV had a “gaming chair” as Cup drivers were doing the video games and using them like pilot’s used flight simulators.

PAST THAT….Who knows?  Think it did have a bidet for the convenience of his GF…..

BTW….I think that Monaco/HR also made a few more….not as pricey, but way above the “SIG” price point for a few crew chiefs and such from the other teams.  NOW did Monaco also do this for well resourced individuals??  Probably so.  This was the era of “market is rising” and Monaco supposedly had a “department” for custom options.  Very few of course…but the SIGS did get customized…..not to the extent, I think, of the NASCAR set…but maybe…probably(?) so for others who topped off their MSRP at say $1 million..Hope this fills in a few blanks.

• Like 2

I may be mistaken, but I recall the Royale was not a Monaco built chassis/body, but rather a chassis/ body built by Prevost, and Monaco built/installed the all the equipment in/on this shell.  I recall it was sold by Monaco, guitarist it wasn't the familiar Roadmaster chassis and Monaco-built body.  I've seen three up close, and I would never recognize them as a Monaco since the "body"was a Prevost. 

- Rick N 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, waterskier_1 said:

I may be mistaken, but I recall the Royale was not a Monaco built chassis/body, but rather a chassis/ body built by Prevost, and Monaco built/installed the all the equipment in/on this shell.  I recall it was sold by Monaco, guitarist it wasn't the familiar Roadmaster chassis and Monaco-built body.  I've seen three up close, and I would never recognize them as a Monaco since the "body"was a Prevost. 

- Rick N 

...and Rick wins this one Monaco and Country Coach both did some of the Prevost conversions late '90s. 🏆

The wayback machine even finds the  Crown Royale so take your pick on names.  

7 minutes ago, Twomed said:

...and Rick wins this one Monaco and Country Coach both did some of the Prevost conversions late '90s. 🏆

I was chatting this winter with an owner of one of the Country Coach built models.

Sorry but you are only #2 as the Beaver Marquis had a higher MSRP and nicer woodwork.$534 makes vrs $518K.

IMG_8583.png

IMG_0204.png

IMG_0205.png

Edited by Ivylog
  • Haha 1

I'd take any of the top ones form Monaco, HR, or Beaver. 

Dream coach is the 2007 Beaver Moonstone, the birdseye maple panels are beautiful.

But alas I'm content with my 2002 Windsor, after ~16 years I've finally pretty much learned its idiosyncrasies and am getting too old to learn new tricks.   

• Like 5

“the 2007 Beaver Moonstone, the birdseye maple panels are beautiful.” Our 08 Nav has those panels but the finish on the cabinets isn’t as glossy as in a Beaver Marquis… close enough for us.

• Like 2

Just to shed a little light on the Royale discussion…

there was the Crown Royal(e?) - built frame-up by Monaco in the 90’s, then there was the Royale Coach, built by Monaco on a Prevost chassis in the early 2000’s.  I found a very nice 2006 Royale Coach a few years ago just north of Dallas, Texas and *almost* talked my wife into letting me buy it. I spent a lot of time researching those coaches until the wife said it *had* to have a bath and a half or she couldn’t go along with it. 🫤 Monaco never made a Royale Coach with a bath and a half that I’ve been able to find.  Oh, yeah, and they’re pretty pricey. Sticker on the one I looked at was $1.6m back in ‘06  it was $350k when I looked at it…

Here’s a video walk-thru of a Royale coach similar to the one I was looking at:

1 hour ago, Ivylog said:

“the 2007 Beaver Moonstone, the birdseye maple panels are beautiful.” Our 08 Nav has those panels but the finish on the cabinets isn’t as glossy as in a Beaver Marquis… close enough for us.

We passed on a beautiful Marquis when we were shopping.

The Beaver carpet emblem and high gloss cabinets was a little 'over the top' for us, who still occasionally take our coach into the woods boondocking! We figured a hard floor would be easier to keep clean in those circumstances.

It was impressive though!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

This article shows the Monaco lineup top to bottom over the years. 

Thanks for the chart Scotty. We just bought a 2002 HR Imperial and I was going to ask what Monaco was equivalent. We're getting it ready for our first trip on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Tom Wallis said:

Thanks for the chart Scotty. We just bought a 2002 HR Imperial and I was going to ask what Monaco was equivalent. We're getting it ready for our first trip on Wednesday.

Congrats 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grizzly said:

MY 2007 SIG NOBLE lll build sheet value was $659,000 as a reference  600HP Turbo diesel

No DOUBT.  And the HR Navigator that I was allowed to wander around in was about $250K HIGHER after Monaco installed all the upgrades....  

SO, in essence....it was a Monaco HR Signature....UPGRADED...  It, now that I fully understand, was WILD beyond belief.  Wish I had shot some pictures of it.  I often, as the GM of the HR dealership does also....WONDER where it ended up and if the person that owns it knows the HISTORY.  Dale Earnhardt's Prevost is out there somewhere....it and one of Dolly's is second only to Willie's Honeysuckle Rose...

• Like 1

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to Question about Monaco/HR/Beaver pecking order
On 6/16/2024 at 9:12 AM, Tom Cherry said:

Technically speaking, you are NOT the Grand Pooh Bah of Monaco.  Those royal robes are worn by the “ROYALE”.  Now don’t ask me how many and what.  There was a “SIGNATURE ROYALE” series circa 1990’s.  Do some googling with “FOR SALE”.  They were tag axles way back when folks couldn’t spell…TAG AXLE.

https://familyrvingmag.com/2005/06/01/royale-coach-by-monaco-conversions/

NOW…You do get Princely Heir Apparent regalia in the “STANDARD PRODUCTION” or “brochures category”.  Lest you be too giddy, heady or “presumptuous”, there were, circa 2006 or so, a few “customized” Navigators that out priced your rig.  The HR Navigator is supposed to be the Executive equivalent….and lowly Holiday Rambler was not allowed to have an equal Monarch to the SIGNATURE.

BUT, at least one Navigator had an MSRP of say, $1 million.  . It was custom ordered for a NASCAR “Cup” driver that had not the resources for a Prevost, like his other 3 teammates.  One thing stuck out when we got a peek….little did I know back then, but the lighted Intellitec MPX Keypads were custom run with a BLUE led. The driver was superstitious….and the yellowish/greenish color was his BAD LUCK COLOR.  Custom designed floor plan with a mega big screen TV and Bose Dolby or maybe Lucas THX.  The TV had a “gaming chair” as Cup drivers were doing the video games and using them like pilot’s used flight simulators.

PAST THAT….Who knows?  Think it did have a bidet for the convenience of his GF…..

BTW….I think that Monaco/HR also made a few more….not as pricey, but way above the “SIG” price point for a few crew chiefs and such from the other teams.  NOW did Monaco also do this for well resourced individuals??  Probably so.  This was the era of “market is rising” and Monaco supposedly had a “department” for custom options.  Very few of course…but the SIGS did get customized…..not to the extent, I think, of the NASCAR set…but maybe…probably(?) so for others who topped off their MSRP at say $1 million..Hope this fills in a few blanks.

I attached a couple of Examples of Monaco High end coaches that Monaco used the Prevost Platform conversion. The first picture is a 2006 Monaco Royal and the second picture is either a 2000 Holiday Rambler conversion or a 2000 Country Coach conversion, not sure, but you should get the idea. one of our members Scott Phillips has a Monaco Royal conversion he traded in his 2015 Dynasty for. He hated that Dynasty.

bee6722b-e948-bcf1-222f-37da165ff61f.jpg

f1343626-f069-c59c-8a8f-f66128f00e84.jpg

• Like 1