Fresh water flush?

pennzo

I'm going thru our new RV (well, new to us!) and I can't figure out how to dump the fresh water tank....the diagrams in the manual are not what I have...

I ha e been able to get the water pump to work on what's left in the tank (38%),  but I'd rather simply flush it quickly and refill to clean and prep for our upcoming trip.

Any suggestions? 

16141127504641590671142564758858.jpg

My coach has three water drains, one for the hot domestic water line, one for the cold domestic water line and one for the fresh water supply tank. Each one protrudes through the bottom of the coach so you can actually see them while laying on the ground.

The hot & Cold are on the passenger side of the coach near the Manabloc Water Manifold. The Fresh water tank drain is inside my service bay.

• Like 1

They all come with a dump valve. Some are mechanical, some are electric. All use gravity to drain. And unfortunately, every model is unique. If the manual is not available, or simply no help, try to follow the plumbing lines, starting at the tank.

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis

On my 03 Windsor the fresh water tank is just aft of the diesel tank.   Mine has a bay door where I can see the tank.  On the drivers side I can lift that                                                                                                       (  propane  )                                                                                                                                                             door and see a valve down at floor level, that's my tank drain.

Edited by Ray Davis

I do....I see several blue pex peeking out from underneath....but there's no hand valves to release the fresh water tank...it's a solid cover underneath...so I've been running the water pump thru the 4 main pipes, kitchen, bathroom, shower and toilet...

The PO had some special things done to the coach, plumbing-wise, so I'm hunting and pecking to see what works...

At least I'm down to 32% fresh...but gray and black are still at 0%...will admit, I haven't put much down either pipe...at least the toilet holds water and the shower works whilst on WP and LP....should count my blessings...🙏

• Like 1

The drains in that bay are for winterizing. Your fresh water drain is on the opposite side of the coach by the dump valve. Look there for a knife valve. In the alternative, look under the coach below your dump bay..Item 21 below......Dennis

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Dennis H
  • Thanks 1

Well, we're in Marianna....I've got additional pics to share....safe to say I don't think I'll be trying this again....it was dark lst night and my headlights are in dire need of an upgrade...woke up today to this..

Thanks again to everyone for making this community such a beautiful place.  ♡

20210227_104407.jpg

20210227_104425.jpg

20210227_104502.jpg

20210227_104528.jpg

The first two are what I believe to be the fresh water dump....I'm afraid that valve is shot....trickle, drip, drip...😆

More pics!

20210227_104721.jpg

20210227_104759.jpg

20210227_105003.jpg

20210227_105338.jpg

And of course, Bixler approves, so I must be doing something right  

20210227_123759.jpg

20210227_122852.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the temps for the NotsoCold...I must admit, I'm very happy, but we're also connected to 50A service.  When we picked up the coach from storage, the freezer was at 0° and the fridge was 34°.  👍🤗🥰

We did throw a ton of product in there, so it's probably still adjusting....at least the beer is cold. 🍻

Any threads about checking the leveling jacks not retracting?  I might be here longer than planned!  😆

20210227_130054.jpg

20210227_130102.jpg

Congrats on figuring some stuff out and feeling good.  Now time to replace that ball valve.  I have not had leveler trouble, but you should be able to find a manual online to troubleshoot.  For mine, check fluid when retracted.  I know there are fuses, maybe yours blew?  Check the grounds, is there voltage going to them, etc...is the switch good?  

• Thanks 1

Steven,

Good idea!  I'm researching the seal for my Sealand Toilet, Model 511, as it no longer holds water and I need to lubricate the Weiland rabbit ears (the inside handle broke attempting to raise it 😖), and I'll be crawling under the coach if the leveling jacks fail to retract tomorrow morning...😆

I'll keep y'all posted!  👍

• Like 1

Two things, Eddie. One Shark Bite fittings available at your local Home Depot will correct that ugly piping. All fittings are plug and play and very simple to install. Ask one of the aprons to demonstrate. The other thing and it's a BIGGIE.....Crawling under a coach without proper blocking, especially playing with your leveling jacks is a recipe for disaster. The coach will drop faster than you can crawl and be lower than you are thick, so make sure you use proper blocking before crawling under there poking at stuff.....Dennis

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2021 at 6:30 PM, Dennis H said:

Two things, Eddie. One Shark Bite fittings available at your local Home Depot will correct that ugly piping. All fittings are plug and play and very simple to install. Ask one of the aprons to demonstrate. The other thing and it's a BIGGIE.....Crawling under a coach without proper blocking, especially playing with your leveling jacks is a recipe for disaster. The coach will drop faster than you can crawl and be lower than you are thick, so make sure you use proper blocking before crawling under there poking at stuff.....Dennis

as a follow up to the Shark Bite fittings and how great they are for our coaches........here are pics of a project I did in 2018. No more leaky Manabloc, replaced with custom copper manifolds. could not have made the change without Shark Bite fittings. The crimping tool would not fit to crimp compression rings in the confined space. Malcolm

IMG_20180804_134210.jpg

IMG_20180804_134352.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Draining fresh water tank on RV. Don’t forget to identify the low point valves, which are usually installed next to the drain valve. There are two low point valves, and they are in charge of emptying hot and cold water in the lines. Releasing the drain valve at the same time as the low point valves are critical for draining excessive fluid from your containers and pipelines.

Edited by Dalton07