Air Bags

I am seeing more threads on people replacing airbags. I inspect mine everytime I'm under the coach and I don't see any signs of problems, cracking, wear etc. So I am thinking of buying one to carry as a spare.

The airbag part number that is listed on the parts page I have is a Firestone 9376(1T15L-2)
I checked on line a couple weeks ago and almost very vendor was out of stock with long lead times. One Vendor Truckspring.com listed they were in stock ready to ship so I placed an order for one. The next day got an email saying delivery would be in Oct. Not happy.

Since then I've made a couple calls to local shops. One vendor offered a couple of alternative brands. I just talked to a Firestone vendor and when I gave him the part number listed he pulled it up and said it was specific to Monaco (some of the websites had the same thing). He did offer an alternative. He said he could get a Firestone in ~1 month.

So I am hesitant about alternate brands.

Has anyone recently purchased the above bag and if so did you find an alternative. Which manufacturers should I consider.

Most of the guys are using a Contitech AS889 air bagMade by Continental in Germany.  It's an alternate to the Firestone air bag.  

Depending on whether you use it on front or rear, you may have to use a 3/4" to 1/4" reducer bushing.  

• Like 1

I suggest looking at the information in the parts list under chassis, air springs (starting around page 21).  There is a lot of pertinent information on air bag suppliers and part numbers. 

On coaches with ping tanks it's critical to have the larger diameter air connection.  On coaches without ping tanks like your Windsor, you can use either the smaller air inlet or the larger air inlet with an adapter.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

I suggest looking at the information in the parts list under chassis, air springs (starting around page 21).  There is a lot of pertinent information on air bag suppliers and part numbers. 

On coaches with ping tanks it's critical to have the larger diameter air connection.  On coaches without ping tanks like your Windsor, you can use either the smaller air inlet or the larger air inlet with an adapter.

Frank,

I did look at the parts list, when I searched for my part number it did cross to the W013589376.   This is what I ordered on the Trucksprings.com and is ~8week lead time. 

Just trying to determine a viable alternative to Firestone as far a manufacturer. 

So I have one recommended option, Contitech, although I'd need an AS9376. 

Any other suggestions?

I checked the parts list ... shows replacement for Monaco Semi-monocoque and RR 10 airbag chassis coaches is  Monaco PN 0180-4591.  That crosses to the Contitech AS8897 as well as some Goodyear and Firestone parts.  I used the Conti when I had my drive axle airbags replaced last year.

Edited by rpasetto
  • Thanks 1

My parts page shows the Moncao part # as 8619 

The REV parts page comes up with this https://parts.revgroup.com/item-detail?itemId=48306&organizationId=9   

Which is 10110964, it does say if you purchase the 01804591 you also need a steel bushing.  (I'm so confused). 

But can't see if an OEM number but they are pricey.  Not in that big of hurry. 

I googled W0-358-9376 and a few other vendors popped up but don't know about availability. 

The parts list shows alternatives with some being 3/4" inlet so you would need an adapter.  See page 23 in the parts list showing cross numbers to Firestone W0-358-9376 from Contitech and others.

6 hours ago, jacwjames said:

My parts page shows the Moncao part # as 8619 

The REV parts page comes up with this https://parts.revgroup.com/item-detail?itemId=48306&organizationId=9   

Which is 10110964, it does say if you purchase the 01804591 you also need a steel bushing.  (I'm so confused). 

But can't see if an OEM number but they are pricey.  Not in that big of hurry. 

That crosses to ContiTech AS9376  $140 at the supplier below:

https://www.truckandtrailer.parts/ContiTech-AS9376-Air-Spring-Monaco-Coach-8619-8108-14002_p_1477.html

and $1200 here: https://dcontrol.com/marketplace/item/609f2e74f918490b78001a95

I don't know the above sellers...  Price is over $200 at Fleetpride and a few others I have dealt with.

6 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

I googled W0-358-9376 and a few other vendors popped up but don't know about availability. 

The parts list shows alternatives with some being 3/4" inlet so you would need an adapter.  See page 23 in the parts list showing cross numbers to Firestone W0-358-9376 from Contitech and others.

Most of the leak problems I've had were with the 3/4" thread side of the 3/4 to 1/4 adapters.  I don't know if the problem was the airbag threads or the adapter threads.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had Conitech (sp?) air bags, and when we looked up the part number we found continental had a good cross reference list. 4 of the 5 manufactures were out of stock everywhere. So we went with Automann and ordered them from an outfit in PA  Stengel Brothers (www.stengelbros.net).

BTW, our bags LOOKED fine but several were leaking through the rubber (the shop took me out and showed me).

Found the replacements for ~1200 for 8 and then ($100/ea) to install at 75 service in Florida. REV Quoted me ~450/bag for the part.

Hope this helps,

I ended up ordering 2 of the Conitech AS9376 from Truck and Trailer Parts.  Ordered on Saturday and delivered the next Wednesday.

I did have one on order from Truck Springs which said they were in stock on the website  but after I placed the order I got an email saying they wouldn't be shipped until late Oct (ya right).  So I canceled the order and placed an order from Truck and Trailer based on the recommendation of another member. 

I did take a bottle of soapy water and sprayed all the air bags and none were leaking and/or were there any signs of the rubber separating or cracking. 

So I'll carry 2 spares and probably have 3 fail at the same time🤬