Jump to content

Why in the hell.....I mean heck


Brett63

Recommended Posts

Why in the world would Monaco not put a door lock/unlock button in the front of a Signature baffles the hell outa me. Key fob or go to the bedroom to unlock the door and bay doors. SMH There should be one up front somewhere, like maybe by the passenger seat.......

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys,

From what I can assume from his post, he is complaining about not having an electronic button on the INSIDE at the front to lock or unlock the entry door.

If we are inside the coach we always lock the entry door using the deadbolt which is a manual VERY secure lock. Unlike the electronic one which you have no idea who may have a key to your door and bay doors as they are standard RV keys with only so many different combinations unlike residential entry doors.

With a little ingenuity I would imagine it would be easy enough to install one.

Edited by Dr4Film
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree to what Brett is saying, especially for the bay doors. I always have to go for the key fob to unlock or lock the doors. It’s great when coming to the Coach but it would be nice to be able to unlock the bay doors as you are going down the stairs. I would add a switch in a minute if someone knew where to tie this in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Guys,

From what I can assume from his post, he is complaining about not having an electronic button on the INSIDE at the front to lock or unlock the entry door.

If we are inside the coach we always lock the entry door using the deadbolt which is a manual VERY secure lock. Unlike the electronic one which you have no idea who may have a key to your door and bay doors as they are standard RV keys with only so many different combinations unlike residential entry doors.

With a little ingenuity I would imagine it would be easy enough to install one.

And while a deadbolt is very secure, it doesn't matter how many deadbolts you have, it won't lock or unlock your bay doors. So instead of worrying about whether your door is locked let's go back to why isn't there a door/baydoor lock/unlock button of some sort in the front of an 09 Signature. In order to unlock my bay doors if I am outside, I have to either come in, sometimes dirty and sweaty and walk to the bedroom, OR come in and find the keys and fumble with the fob to unlock the bays OR carry a bay door key around my neck so I can unlock them....lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With my Windsor, at night I hang out the door, use the key pad to lock all, close the door and set the door and deadbolt.  The key pad will not lock the door with it open and me hanging out.  I do not have anything in the back to lock or unlock, nor in the front.  Yes, we have a key fob, but never use it as it is too heavy and we already have too many fobs and keys in our pockets.  We just use the key pad for the Windsor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

I agree to what Brett is saying, especially for the bay doors. I always have to go for the key fob to unlock or lock the doors. It’s great when coming to the Coach but it would be nice to be able to unlock the bay doors as you are going down the stairs. I would add a switch in a minute if someone knew where to tie this in. 

You and me both. And before someone says well you have a push pad you can unlock the bay doors from on the outside........I don't even use that to unlock the main door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting the schematic Rick!  Looks simple to add a switch. Now I need to find those two replays. On the road this week on Assateague Island. I will post when I find the relays. Guessing they are in the front electrical bay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Brett63 said:

And while a deadbolt is very secure, it doesn't matter how many deadbolts you have, it won't lock or unlock your bay doors. So instead of worrying about whether your door is locked let's go back to why isn't there a door/baydoor lock/unlock button of some sort in the front of an 09 Signature. In order to unlock my bay doors if I am outside, I have to either come in, sometimes dirty and sweaty and walk to the bedroom, OR come in and find the keys and fumble with the fob to unlock the bays OR carry a bay door key around my neck so I can unlock them....lol

Well, IF you had been a little more CLEARER about what you were complaining about in your very FIRST post, you may have gotten some better responses.

So now it is the OUTSIDE that you are wanting a button.

Our Keyless Entry Pad on the OUTSIDE has a button to unlock the bay doors, why doesn't yours have one? Or maybe you should review your Keyless Entry Manual to see where it is located. Both Essex and Trimark both have that capability I believe.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Brett63 said:

You and me both. And before someone says well you have a push pad you can unlock the bay doors from on the outside........I don't even use that to unlock the main door.

That’s funny. I never use the touchpad either as mine in not working and haven’t bothered to replace it as I would never use it. It still puzzles me why Ford continues to put them on vehicles today 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Well, IF you had been a little more CLEARER about what you were complaining about in your very FIRST post, you may have gotten some better responses.

So now it is the OUTSIDE that you are wanting a button.

Our Keyless Entry Pad on the OUTSIDE has a button to unlock the bay doors, why doesn't yours have one? Or maybe you should review your Keyless Entry Manual to see where it is located. Both Essex and Trimark both have that capability I believe.

And Sir if you would read the second line of my original post, which shouldn't be hard as there are only 1.5 lines instead of being a jackass you would see that the 2nd, 4th and 5th words of that line clearly say door and bay doors.....But that's ok. I will take your advice as noted and carry on.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Brett63 said:

Why in the world would Monaco not put a door lock/unlock button in the front of a Signature baffles the hell outa me. Key fob or go to the bedroom to unlock the door and bay doors. SMH There should be one up front somewhere, like maybe by the passenger seat.......

I also find it annoying, I carry the fob mainly for the bay doors.  It isn't too inconvenient to use the outside keypad when on that side of the coach but I do find it silly to have to use the bedroom switch to unlock or lock everything.  I have adapted and unlock the doors when I get out of bed.  I guess I could put the spare fob near the cockpit to alleviate my frustration :classic_wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back when Monaco would fix one item for free at a rally, you could leave the door locked (not the deadbolt) as one of 5 keys would unlock it let the repair person in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

I also find it annoying, I carry the fob mainly for the bay doors.  It isn't too inconvenient to use the outside keypad when on that side of the coach but I do find it silly to have to use the bedroom switch to unlock or lock everything.  I have adapted and unlock the doors when I get out of bed.  I guess I could put the spare fob near the cockpit to alleviate my frustration :classic_wacko:

I only have one fob. Not sure I can buy another or not. Have not looked into it. But I guess that would be a remedy. Velcro a spare with the switches at the passenger seat.

20 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Back when Monaco would fix one item for free at a rally, you could leave the door locked (not the deadbolt) as one of 5 keys would unlock it let the repair person in.

Agreed, I think there are only like 3-5 keys for RV's out there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the first things I did on our last two coaches was reprogram the key pad along with new key fobs.  

If I need to unlock the bay doors, I just press the button on the key fob.  It just doesn't get any easier than that. 

I can also use the digital key pad to unlock the bay doors.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Brett63 said:

And Sir if you would read the second line of my original post, which shouldn't be hard as there are only 1.5 lines instead of being a jackass you would see that the 2nd, 4th and 5th words of that line clearly say door and bay doors.....But that's ok. I will take your advice as noted and carry on.

 

Your first post implies that you want a Bay Door Lock/Unlock button on the inside near the entry door. Then your second post complains that there is no button on the outside of the coach to unlock/lock the bay doors.

SO which is it. 😵 There are solutions for either one.

Doesn't do any good to complain about Monaco today since they have been out of business since 2009. Wow, that's when YOUR coach was built. By then they were throwing whatever parts they had on the shelves to build their coaches. I guess the tech's building yours were more worried about their jobs than the customer who was going to end up with the coach.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

Can’t we all just get along???  After all we are all here because of a common interest

 

Play nice boys. 

I am nice, I asked a legit question in hopes there was something I wasn't aware of. I do not play well with assholes in my sand box though. Sorry, I live by the saying if you have nothing good to say, say nothing. I asked a specific question about a Sig, I keep getting berated by someone that don't even own one....And for Richard Smith, nowhere did I emply that I wanted a buttor or any other device on the outside of anything. I suspect you may have some valuable information for someone but damn man you need to learn how to read before you start offering.....lol Now, let's have an icy adult beverage, kick back and relax on this fine evening. Peace friend

Edited by Brett63
Link to comment
Share on other sites

on my 2003 Signature, I almost exclusively use the keypad to lock/unlock everything. If there is a lock/unlock feature in the back bedroom, I have no idea where it would be. Those that have the rear lock/unlock, where is it on your coach, please?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, joefromperry said:

on my 2003 Signature, I almost exclusively use the keypad to lock/unlock everything. If there is a lock/unlock feature in the back bedroom, I have no idea where it would be. Those that have the rear lock/unlock, where is it on your coach, please?

 

on my 09 it is with the other buttons next to the bed, lights, gen start/stop, doors lock/unlock....etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a bad idea to have a switch just inside the entry door to unlock or lock the bay doors.   Probably wouldn't be terribly complicated to put it together.                      Some configuration using an up & down momentary switch or even 2 switches might work,  one to open one to lock.  I mostly use my one key fob.

I can't imagine wanting a sw outside though, unless you could hide it yet still have it accessible,  in the engine compartment would work for me,  since I don't lock my engine compartment anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...