Aluminum wheel source

1 hour ago, amphi_sc said:

Where's the best source for a matching aluminum wheel?

You did not state if you wanted New, or Used, so i thought you may have success at one of these sources.  I called Accuride when i upgraded my tire size to 315's and they were very helpful and provided the information i requested.

RV Parts & Salvage Yards

• Like 1

There should be make/PN stamped on your current rim. 

Once I got the part number, it was an Accuride rim) I just did an internet search and bout one on line.  Best price I found at the time was from Florida Shores Truck Center

I bought one back in 2009 prior to going to AK, carried a mounted spare.

A few things to keep in mind when purchasing aluminum rims.  Most rims are Not polished on Both sides. Therefore when rotating tires, you have to dismount, turn over, and remount tires when moving from axle to axle.  The openings in the rims are unique to Monaco only.  Don't know if Monaco used the same rims on Beaver coaches.  The inner rims on the rear axle is made from steel.  Rotating tires can be an expensive cost.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

34 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

A few things to keep in mind when purchasing aluminum rims.  Most rims are Not polished on Both sides. Therefore when rotating tires, you have to dismount, turn over, and remount tires when moving from axle to axle.  The openings in the rims are unique to Monaco only.  Don't know if Monaco used the same rims on Beaver coaches.  The inner rims on the rear axle is made from steel.  Rotating tires can be an expensive cost.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

I have NEVER heard of anyone rotating motorhome tires, nor have I heard it recommended..

2 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

Where's the best source for a matching aluminum wheel?

Good luck finding a matching oval hole new rim as they are very scarce… going used from a RV salvage yard is about your only choice.

Edited by Ivylog

8 minutes ago, bftownes said:

I have NEVER heard of anyone rotating motorhome tires, nor have I heard it recommended..

5 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

Rotating tires on a coach has come up several times in the past decade.  I Never say Never.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Sounds like a James Bond movie.

I say "to each their own". I personally will never rotate tires nor would I recommend it. If someone is rotating tires to compensate for a tire wear problem then I say FIX the problem.

Moving used tires from the steers to the tag axle seems to make sense to me but to dismount and rotate tires around the coach is a waste of money in my opinion.

Monaco used Accuride wheels with a proprietary hole shape.  In 2009 Accuride stopped making the Monaco style wheels.  

Some coaches came with coated wheels and some with a bare polish finish. 

XP= high polish, SP= standard polish, and adding a "C" after makes it coated.  

If you have 295/80-R22.5 tires, the wheels are 8.25" wide X 22.5" diameter.  In 2009, the coaches with 315 front tires came with 9" wide X 22.5 wheels.  

https://www.accuridecorp.com/

• 3 weeks later...