2007 Dynasty Cockpit or Map light fuse location

D.Ellison

Moderator's Edit.  Overhead lights are typically, understood here, as the Puck or the Fluorescent fixtures. I edit the title to specify the front cockpit or reading lights for a better search in the future....and also added the MH year and Model.

SECOND EDIT.  There is an update on LED conversion from incandescent which solved a Monaco “GOOF”.  Please review it as it has good information and this post is almost goin down the same path…

Hello everyone, I am looking for the fuse for the overhead lights above the drivers and pass side seats operated by the rocker sw next to the 2 seats marked overhead, I can't find it listed in the books or by hunting through the electrical panels all of the lights stopped at the same time so im assuming its fuse related just cant find it any info would be great , thanks.

Try F-62 or anything marked aux. in the front run bay. You might also pull the little glove box out on the passenger side and check to see if there is a inline fuse going to the switch. Sometimes previous ownership leaves unknown challenges. May not be your case, just saying.   Good Luck

It may not be specifically labeled Overhead Lights.

I would meter each fuse with leads and your meter set to continuity to test each fuse as to whether it is good or not. That method is easier than removing each fuse to see if it is blown or not.

It could very well be labeled something entirely different or generic.

Use a 12 volt test light and go across each fuse. As suggested, they may be labeled weird.

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2007 Dynasty Cockpit or Reading light fuse location
  • Tom Cherry changed the title to 2007 Dynasty Cockpit or Map light fuse location
3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

It may not be specifically labeled Overhead Lights.

I would meter each fuse with leads and your meter set to continuity to test each fuse as to whether it is good or not. That method is easier than removing each fuse to see if it is blown or not.

It could very well be labeled something entirely different or generic.

If you look on the Prints, FRB PC Board #1 had the Porch and the Map Light working off a Dual 30 Amp Relay.  BUT, I can NOT find the fuse number.

Then if you look on the Schematic, Run Box, Front Print and look in the upper right corner and Look at the PCB #1, the Pigtail or Wiring Harness J-1 has the power....and that is on the 3rd or top terminal.  And it is labeled as going to the MAP LIGHT FUSE.  Problem is....I can't find the fuse layout for the FRB.  

SO....at least we know WHERE the circuit is and which J Terminal Strip it is on and which wire....but NADA any idea as to where that harness goes....but starting there on PCB1 J-1 Terminal 3 is where the fuse is.  IF you have power on that wire....then the issue is in the Dual Relay on that board.

Thanks for all the replies everyone,  I'm at the track racing till sunday then I'll be back after it . I dont think its labeled accurately its gonna be a hunt,,,,I had made some checks in the front bay just basics and found nothing, hoping someone on here had already been through this and was just gonna give me the answer lol  ,,,also checked in the rear closet found nothing obvious, I'll be back to it in a few days. meanwhile thank you all.

1 hour ago, redstickbill said:

In my 2007 Dynasty the lighting is controlled by the multiplex system, that fuse panel is in the wardrobe closet at the rear of the bedroom, cabinet is on the wall on the drivers side.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Our resident expert on Multiplex and Dynasty/Exec and higher, agrees that MOST all of the lighting is on the CPU and that is correct.  However, according to the prints, the "Ceiling Light" switches on the DS and PS arm or armrest consoles have Carling "Mushroom" Style switches. These switches go to Board #1 in the FRB. He thinks, as I did after pouring over the switches, that the two over head ceiling lights....commonly call Map Lights....not be confused with the gooseneck reading lights, are actually controlled by PCB 1 in the FRB.  That is the same for the 2006 and 2008, per the prints. 

If your Ceiling Lights or the ones directly over the driver and co-pilot are on the Multiplex system, then they should have the fuses, since they are ON and OFF on one of the Multiplex Intellitec Output or Relay Output Boxes.  Look on your schematic or the "switch and output" layout for your Multiplex modules and see where the fuse is and then post if.  You might check, if you have time, the fuse layout in the FRB.  That is where we think the fuse is....

BUT, this is MONACO...  I am learning way too much about the FRB and RRB PCB and the Multiplex.....and my head hurts.  There ARE times that my simple "lighting and pump and FF" Multiplex system is a blessing....

Seriously, if you have some time...please help the poster as I am not making any headway...

On 8/19/2022 at 11:30 AM, D.Ellison said:

Moderator's Edit.  Overhead lights are typically, understood here, as the Puck or the Fluorescent fixtures. I edit the title to specify the front cockpit or reading lights for a better search in the future....and also added the MH year and Model.

Hello everyone, I am looking for the fuse for the overhead lights above the drivers and pass side seats operated by the rocker sw next to the 2 seats marked overhead, I can't find it listed in the books or by hunting through the electrical panels all of the lights stopped at the same time so im assuming its fuse related just cant find it any info would be great , thanks.

The overhead lights directly above the drivers and passenger seat along with the small gooseneck lights are all getting power from fuse F3 on PCB #14 in the Front Run Bay.  This fuse is labelled Map Lt. 

On the drivers side, it is a straight run from this fuse to the switch.  But, on the passenger side there are extra controls via PCB #1 in the FRB to turn on this light and the outside light when you unlock the coach from the keypad. The switch on the PS can also turn on the overhead light above the seat.  

If both lights don't work, see if LED D3 on PCB board #14 is lit.  If not, fuse F3 is bad.  If the DS works but the PS doesn't, the relay on PCB#1 is likely bad.  If the fuse was bad and a new one pops, you could have a wiring short or a short on PCB #1.  To test if PCB#1 has a short, unplug connector J6 on PCB #1.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone the replies ,,,,,,,I had a long weekend of racing and I'm back to reality now and will be diving into this problem tonight when i get home from work, I have been reading through the post and i see a lot of good leads,,,,,Thanks again for all the replies

Ok here goes,,,,,,,,,trying to figure out how to say this its painful ,,,,,,,I'm an idiot 🤣 After following everyone's helpful advice i found everything checked out ok,after some head scratching i removed a light cover and wiggled a bulb and how about that it came on ,,,,,,,and so did the other 5 after doing the same to them, I guess i got caught up in all 6 lights  stopped over the winter it wouldn't be a bulb issue but i was wrong, Sooooooooo sorry for all the trouble and thank you all for the assistance.

29 minutes ago, D.Ellison said:

Ok here goes,,,,,,,,,trying to figure out how to say this its painful ,,,,,,,I'm an idiot 🤣 After following everyone's helpful advice i found everything checked out ok,after some head scratching i removed a light cover and wiggled a bulb and how about that it came on ,,,,,,,and so did the other 5 after doing the same to them, I guess i got caught up in all 6 lights  stopped over the winter it wouldn't be a bulb issue but i was wrong, Sooooooooo sorry for all the trouble and thank you all for the assistance.

Not a problem.....some folks unplug an UNUSED component, like a phone charging cord from the UPS on their computer and lose the Internet....  Of course, they actually unplugged the Fiber Module that converts the fiber optic cable to a digital signal which goes to the Modem/router....and wonders WHY their ISP is down and they have no internet....of course this would be a "Friend".

OK....you are forgiven.  We ALL learned. 

NOW....for clarification.  The Cockpit bulb worked after you did that.  GOT THAT.  You also had OTHER lights that would not work.  These were NOT on the same circuit as the Cockpit light and when you fixed that one, you have to go, individually, to each light fixture and reseat the bulbs....IS THAT CORRECT.

BTW....if you have lights, like a sconce light over the dining table....make sure that, if there is a SWITCH....which you NEVER noticed before....is NOT turned off.  In the ninth year of spending almost 2 full years OUT....the multiplexed dining light over the table was off.  WHAT GIVES....?  The switch is lighted...  must be the bulbs.  Had converted it to LED.  Put in the original bulb.  NO JOY.  OMG, must be the crappy Monaco crimped connections and this is going to be a PITA to find.

HUH....what is that little button under the fixture.  My daughter did not know where the switch was, so she looked at the light and turned it off there.  DW and I had NEVER seen it.

Tom i had a total of 6 lights not working,3 above the driver and 3 above the pass seats each switch operated 3 lights all 6 stopped working over the winter while the coach was parked all i did was  remove the covers and reseat the bulbs and all is fine now, I did break a bulb while i was fat fingering with the darn thing, does anyone know the number for the bulbs ? there is no number on them.

Also good info on the sconce,,,,,,i do have one!

2 hours ago, D.Ellison said:

Tom i had a total of 6 lights not working,3 above the driver and 3 above the pass seats each switch operated 3 lights all 6 stopped working over the winter while the coach was parked all i did was  remove the covers and reseat the bulbs and all is fine now, I did break a bulb while i was fat fingering with the darn thing, does anyone know the number for the bulbs ? there is no number on them.

Also good info on the sconce,,,,,,i do have one!

we all or many have done that.  Interesting that it was on the same circuit....and all were the bulb.  Not what we have seen....but you never know.  You can also consider LED, DIMMABLE....but I ASSUME these are ON and OFF and not on the multiplex dimming circuits.  Many of us have converted all our interior lights to LED as that cuts down on heat during AC (OK....cold weather camping we loose heat...LOL).

That also cuts down the load when you are boon docking.  

Many brands out there.  I did mine so many years ago, I would not give a specific number....as I found an "Alibabi" vendor.  Just passing this on.  The ONE Caveat.  The leads are sometimes a bit long...or mine were and it is a bit tricky to line up the holes.  The LED Array is longer....and you have to wiggle a little.  I have ONE bulb, under the sink in the far corner that was a bugger....so I left in the Incandescent....so...one out of 40 or so ain't gonna be an issue.

MAKE SURE THEY ARE DIMMABLE...

I followed the link dr posted and it also had the led version gottem ordered and check them out if  I like them I will convert the whole coach over to them, I have already converted the fluorescent's over to led. Thanks for all the input.

40 minutes ago, D.Ellison said:

I followed the link dr posted and it also had the led version gottem ordered and check them out if  I like them I will convert the whole coach over to them, I have already converted the fluorescent's over to led. Thanks for all the input.

Since this has morphed, I am adding the link to a very informative thread that LED conversions or incandescent issues that is good.

• 2 months later...