Wiper Blade Discussion and Replacement Information

MODERATOR'S EDIT NOTE....

FIRST...  Please download the Parts List and review it carefully. There is a wealth of INFO there and most simple questions like "Where can I get blades for XXXX MH are found there?".

SECOND....Please do some research and do NOT post the same topic...even with the same name. The recent one was merged with this one.  It makes it a lot easier for the Moderators as these had to be merged.

Thanks.

Were can I get new windshild wipers blades? I've checked all the places that I can think of. I  must be doing something wrong.  Right now I'm getting by with some modifying a pair of car wipers.  

Thanks Guys. 

• Thanks 1

I recently discovered Triple R Truck parts in Eddystone PA. Prices seems to be reasonable. I needed exhaust hangers and I got 2 for all of $14. You can try them. I saw they had wiper blades in stock. Just make sure you buy truck blades and not car.
https://triplertruckparts.com

History: Eddystone is where Baldwin steel was located outside of Philadelphia and where steam locomotives were built. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob Schmeckpeper said:

Were can I get new windshild wipers blades? I've checked all the places that I can think of. I  must be doing something wrong.  Right now I'm getting by with some modifying a pair of car wipers.  

Thanks Guys. 

Wally WORLD sells the 28" blades with the J-Hooks that work on mine....don't know, but suspect you have AM Equipment blades. Mine were OEM 32" and the 28 works fine for me.  It also puts less strain on the motor.  There are some OTHER companies that say that the AM arms will fail as the 32" was too much area for the size of the motor and the construction of the arm.  

Just a thought....

• Like 1

Thank you everyone.  Here is the difference. Had to drill out the clip in the center to accommodate the machine mounting screw. There's a Big difference in the wipers, but they do get the job done.  Auto wipers only last about a year. The big ones I just took off lasted 6 years +. The last picture shows the mounting screw. 

20220819_111415.jpg

20220819_111441.jpg

20220819_111602.jpg

20220819_111907.jpg

FWIW,

I wrote a White Paper (for those not on the original Yahoo site, this was a HOW TO or a Write Up about a certain topic) on the AM Blades and arms. AM bought the arms from the "Anco" Wiper company. I worked for Cooper Industries (later bought out by Eaton) and traveled to many divisions doing various regulatory audits as well as exchanging manufacturing and processing information. I was in the main Anco plant several times and also spent time there for painting and processing information exchange forums. 

Anco actually designed and made the arms until that plant and the Anco Mexican operation closed. They then outsourced to an offshore operation. Anco's design engineers were responsible for the "J Hook". For SOME reason, the designer blended two of the SAE J-hooks together and it was a hybrid. I discovered this when I ordered a new set of blades from AM and the new, offshore molded adapter would not lock in. Being the curious type and also a die hard manufacturing and quality engineer as well as supervising both functions, I measured and did some research and pointed that out to AM. They were "Aghast" and said that the older style, Anco produced Arm...probably going back to the mid 2005 or so or even further....the ones that typically had the 32" blades were, indeed, not made to the SAE specs for either the larger or smaller J-Hook ends. Fortunately, all I had to do was trim off (Swiss Army knife whittling) a small tab or shoulder on the on the blade and it locked in. 

Bottom Line...  MOST of the blades out there in 28 or 32" will fit on the older style J-Hook (Anco produced), but you might have to relieve the plastic mount a little.  Some were FINE....like the Bosch and the Michelin.  The replacement arms that AM sells are to the SAE print as is the replacement blades.

I could not locate the SAE specs, but got into "Tech Support" at one of AM's competitors, Diesel Equipment in Greensboro NC. The tech support and design folks sent me the PDF of the SAE specs.  They had tested and were very familiar (call that REVERSE ENGINEERING) with the AM  arms and blades. I sent them my photos with the dimensions and they, too, concluded that it was a hybrid. They also said that they frequently got calls and made replacements for the 32" AM Arms.  They said that in their competitive testing where they ran them to failure, that the AM arms would fail quicker than theirs using similar 32" blades. They did NOT recommend their replacement blades for the 32" AM (OEM Anco arms).  They recommended the 28" blades which cleared less surface area......less stress on the arms.  

In all the back and forth with AM, they wanted my old blades so THEIR QC and not some crazy old retired Manager of Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Control and Product Design and Development, had measured and was babbling about...could properly measure them. Then, I got a call from their Design Manager or Product Engineering. YES....the ANCO's WERE not to the original SAE (which had not changed) specs...  So, all my research got me was a new set of AM arms and blades....  Plus it kept me off the streets....LOL.  AM HAD supplied the SAE specs (of their vendor had them) to their new supplier and the J-Hooks met them.

That is why I recommend the 28" blades for the older AM arms and NOT the 32".  Obviously, Diesel Equipment has a vested interest. But when I would talk to a competitor at a seminar or trade show, we usually were pretty straight forward.  If you have a Diesel Equipment arm for the AM motor then you are probably OK with the 32" blades. OR if you have the newer, offshore AM Arm, then the 32" work well. I run either one....and if I find a deal on a good quality 32", I buy them.  Otherwise, I would downsize to the 28" blades.  NOW...I can tell you that the AM NEWER arms and the OLDER arms look exactly the same.  SO....Did the new vendor copy the prints and they are not as "Robust" as the Diesel Equipment arms....that is a mystery....  I have NOT noticed any difference in the cleaning or the "smoothness" of the blades on mine.... But, with a 28" blade, in theory, there should be less amperage on the motor.  I never WENT THERE....

I THINK that my old White Paper may be in the files....but the above is the Reader's Digest version...

Just passing this on.... 

• Like 3

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Wiper Blade Discussion and Replacement Information
56 minutes ago, ph1386 said:

Hello all. My wiper blades need replacement on my 04 executive. Can anyone tell me what type I need and where I can buy new ones? Thanks 

Please see the FIRST POST with the Moderator's comments. I have merged you new topic, this morning, with an ongoing thread or post.  Thanks for doing that in the future.

16 hours ago, Bob Schmeckpeper said:

Thank you everyone.  Here is the difference. Had to drill out the clip in the center to accommodate the machine mounting screw. There's a Big difference in the wipers, but they do get the job done.  Auto wipers only last about a year. The big ones I just took off lasted 6 years +. The last picture shows the mounting screw. 

That's what I have done maybe 5 years ago and since then I only replace the rubber inserts, I think I have only done it once.

Guest Ray Davis

I drilled & modified Wal-Mart blades a few times then decided I didn't like having to do that so I bought 2 adapters like these below.  The actual piecies I used are not available currently.  I did have to bend each one to get the angle I liked.  Now I can buy plain old blades and slip them onto my arms. Sorry I don't have pictures of what I did.       1st pict is what I bought,   2nd pict is some that's avaliable on Amazon.                                                                              Amazon.com: Anco 4817 380""/9.5Mm Strt End Conct - 17" : Automotive

318ZWASNYML._AC_.jpg                                                                                          XtremeAmazing Universal Front Left Windshield Wiper Blade Arm Adapter Mounting Kit 3392390298 Pack of 2

Edited by Ray Davis

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, richmelcole@sbcglobal.net said:

My 2002 Monaco Windsor's driver's wiper goes beyond its normal travel point on windy days.  Not sure which part needs replacement yet but where can I find replacement parts?  Thanks.

Richard

Richard, 

in the future you need to do a search using a key word like wiper.  That would have brought you to this thread.  I merged your new thread into this one as we are trying to keep the “quickies” from flooding the system and being better organized.

There are two companies In my post.  AM equipment and Diesel Equipment.  You need to get to the motor and linkage.  Try to identify the vendor or take a picture.  On MOST Monaco coaches, there is a motor and an arm that links the other blade.  Look up and under from the top of the generator opening.  

AM equipment was a long time wiper system vendor.  They have a list of the Monaco Motor Homes that the supplied….as well as the parts breakdown.  Also download parts list.  There are many sources there. 

Richard provided a great resource….thanks!

Good luck and keep us posted on what you find as that’s how the parts list grows.

1 hour ago, richmelcole@sbcglobal.net said:

My 2002 Monaco Windsor's driver's wiper goes beyond its normal travel point on windy days.  Not sure which part needs replacement yet but where can I find replacement parts?  Thanks.

Richard

My pass, side was doing that and it was thishttps://www.wiperparts.com/products/300637-single-knurled-driver-3-8-double-flat

Moderator Edit.  Robert, please do a search for a topic rather than just asking a generic question.  If you use the word "Wiper", you will get many.  I had to combine this topic with the one that has had recent activity. There are several sources listed.  Diesel Equipment has a great tech source.  Do not know if AM Equipment was making Monaco's wipers pre 2000.  There are several local suppliers or websites where you can get expert information.

Thanks in the future for doing this to keep the forum from getting cluttered and fragmented.

Moderator, Tom Cherry

Does anybody have a lead on where to find new wiper arms for a 93 Monaco Signature Series coach. Both arms have weak springs and barely press against the glass in some areas. They appear to be on a splined shaft and held on with a cap nut.

Thanks

Edited by Tom Cherry
Redundant topic covered many times