Air leak

12 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I also use blocks between frame and h-frame, that would be helpful for bag replacement anyway. I still manage to squeeze under the axle, reminds me of staying on a diet 😀

Different chassis.

Your 'H' frame sit's 4" higher than mine! That's my story, and I'm sticking too it! 🤥

• Haha 1

The biggest issue was the space on the swing arm on the back to get in between. Tag axle. Had to take off bracket that holds ups exhaust pipe for aqua hot and that gave a couple of inches and that was all he needed to get in. Super tight squeeze then have to look back up along the frame to where the hose was. Tight 90 degree turn on the body Crawled between the fender well and tire and blocked so coach couldn't come down on his legs or body and we had that side raised all the way up with the air bags

Since I don't drive up on stepped blocks, (no space for them in the shop anymore), I block the frame first and then get into the rear area from behind the tag tire on passenger side. From there I reach the driveshaft and pull myself under the tag axle and if needed under and in front of the drive axle on either side of the pumpkin. Then I can semi-comfortably sit with my back against baggage compartment wall. And then I realize that I forgot the correct wrench and do it all over again. Got enough practice doing it, just finished replacing all the PPVs and leaky swivel fittings last night. Then I fill the tanks, drink bunch of beers and watch the gauges in between...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Since I don't drive up on stepped blocks, (no space for them in the shop anymore), I block the frame first

Ivan - I have looked over completely at my RR8S chassis and I see no place where I could block between the house frame and chassis.  Do you have a picture of where you block, or is it just not doable on my 2006 Windsor?

1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

And then I realize that I forgot the correct wrench and do it all over again. Got enough practice doing it, just finished replacing all the PPVs and leaky swivel fittings last night. Then I fill the tanks, drink bunch of beers and watch the gauges in between...

That's what I'm learning now! Throw everything under there I may possibly need!

When I was younger and more flexible, it wasn't an issue to slide out, and back in to get what I needed. 

Not anymore!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

When I was younger and more flexible, it wasn't an issue to slide out, and back in to get what I needed. 

Not anymore!

I do it too now, Ben, still once a while I need something I did not expect since I did not know what I may find down there. My driveshaft is pretty shiny now from using is as a handle.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Bill R said:

Ivan - I have looked over completely at my RR8S chassis and I see no place where I could block between the house frame and chassis.  Do you have a picture of where you block, or is it just not doable on my 2006 Windsor?

Bill, I have all 4 corners up front and the rear front corners with gussets to use and stands under rear verticals. Sometimes, when I expect it to take a while, I put a couple of stands under the hitch brace too. A strong pipe would be a better choice but it has worked fine this way too.

20231004_200035.jpg

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Bill, I have all 4 corners up front and the rear front corners with gussets to use and stands under rear verticals. Sometimes, when I expect it to take a while, I put a couple of stands under the hitch brace too. A strong pipe would be a better choice but it has worked fine this way too.

20231004_200035.jpg

Thanks Ivan.  I think my frame structure is different.  I’m going take a pic tomorrow and see if this is possible on my coach.  

Guest Ray Davis
13 hours ago, Bill R said:

I see no place where I could block between the house frame and chassis

Bill,  We often see the term " H frame " and you mention  " house frame ",   could that be causing confusion?  Because in my mind those are different things but sound like they could be the same thing.  IMO blocking would be between the H frame/axle and the chassis.

I have blocked up my Windsor before but it was long ago,  and I can't tell you exactly where & how right now, memory failure.   I mostly drive up on boards.

13 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

I place lots of tools just under the edge of the coach, that way I can reach them but they are mostly out of my way & not under me.                                                              Still I often end up with so many tools under there it's easier to pull forward to pick them up.

10 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Got to have one of those cameras! Could use it at the Monacoers Gathering if we ever have another one scheduled again.

I hope you have deep pockets.  $16k.  https://www.testequipmentdepot.com/teledyne-flir-si124-ld-industrial-acoustic-imaging-camera-for-ultrasonic-leak-detection.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7JOpBhCfARIsAL3bobeUlmFT8JwmQTgpBPzflxfgpFUgqLQ7QVOoUPXu4zUBCsnuDkvOptwaAmOgEALw_wcB

On 10/10/2023 at 7:43 AM, Dr4Film said:

Got to have one of those cameras! Could use it at the Monacoers Gathering if we ever have another one scheduled again.

Oh, we'll have one.  Somewhere, sometime.  Hopefully in 2025, but at the moment we're waiting to see what comes of the resort formerly known as Lazy Days...