2006 Executive six pack solenoid issue

Chargerman

Just noticed that when I raise the coach the passenger side tag axle airbag does not inflate. I realize that the issue is a solenoid is not opening for that bag. The issue is finding which one it is. The two rear six packs are painful to access, therefore I was hoping there was a way to locate the problem child easily. 

I had to follow the hose to be sure which side of the manifold. You manual should indicate which is the travel solenoid. For me it was easier to test continuity from the controller to be sure before replacing. I have HWH system, yours is probably different so I edited my post.

Edited by Ivan K

Only 4 - 3 way valves in the tag axle valve block, at least on the 2007 and yes they are difficult to get to but can be done.

I would make share you have 4 new valves ready and do all of them, roughly (2 way valves)$55.00 each. Not much more effort and if original need it anyway. You can do the job without the special removal tool, Vise Grips work just as well if you are replacing them. Don't mix up the wires or soleniods if you leave them connected, they are color coded.  I'm 6'2" 220 lbs and 61 and I've done both the front & rear, long arms are a BIG advantage.. Front is much easier to reach. Hope this helps

Talk to the guys at Valid, super friendly and helpful. Could be a stuck valve, bad soleniod, wire or controller issue. They will walk you through troubleshooting. Also a very good service manual online.

Just found a solenoid on eBay. New in box for $95 shipped. Works for me. Now just have to head out to the garage to track down the right one so it’s an easy swap when the new one arrives in a couple days before we head out to Assateague Island on Saturday 

Don (Old Dog) do you have the number for Valid. I did a web search for them and can’t find them. 
I just bought an air valve from Northwest RV it was $125. 
Don

Valid 250-832-6477 or 1-888-632-6477.

Earlier someone commented that 2006 is HWH but I believe it was still a Valid system as a joint venture. Does your control panel have BOTH  Valid & HWH on it? I have tech literature that has both names on it and everything I can tell is identical to Valid exclusive systems. I'm sure someone can clarify the relationship.

Hope this helps.

So I replaced the solenoid labeled “Right Side Raise” and all is well. I was wondering what the valve on the manifold was for. It is the T handled on on the side of the manifold. Anyone have any insight?

IMG_0802.jpeg

The "T" handles on the sides of the six pack are to manually bypass the HWH system.  If you open those "T" handles, you are manually bypassing the Travel mode solenoids and opening the air flow to the ride height valves.  There purpose is to allow the vehicle to be raised to ride height and driven even if the HWH air leveling system is not functional.

Richard

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I already replaced one with a generic 12V solenoid from Amazon. Something like maybe $15. Can't find it in my orders anymore but I believe it had a 1/2" hole. There was plenty to choose from, just needed the dimensions. Of course, there is no connector but its only 2 wires. Easy and cheap.

19 hours ago, Chargerman said:

It seems that in most cases the failure of an HWH solenoid is the coil.  Does anyone have a source for the coil?  It would be nice to have a couple on hand  

They are 2 different one. This one is 3/32 orifice https://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/replacement-hwh-air-solenoid-rap1940-in-stock-today/ 

This one is 5/32 orifice https://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/hwh-air-solenoid-rap90989/

Coil assembly AV A5983-103

The part # for the coil is RAP90568.  HWH used to sell the coil seperate, but no longer seems willing to do so, even though the instructions for installing that part seperate is still on their web site.  They only seem to want to sell the coil with a new valve so they can charge an extra $100 for it.  If you find a generic coil that will fit, please let the rest of us know.

Richard