On most of these coaches with larger engines the original filter is undersized.  This only matters under full throttle conditions.  Unless you do a lot of full throttle pulls, you might consider using your current filter a while longer.  Just make sure it's not getting wet or has excessive dust.  

I think K&N makes some great products.  I have a friend that put over 130k miles on his coach with a K&N filter.  But, there are some folks that don't think they filter the fine particles. 

Best of luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would not use a K&N filter on MY coach but that's entirely up to you.

How many times have you reset the Air Vacuum Gauge? Once it gets to about 25-30 the FIRST time I always reset it . Then once it gets to 25-30 once again it's time to replace the air filter.

Has you past 10K trips been on dusty or dirty roads at all? I stick to highways so that very same filter on my Windsor, P537448, would last a few years or more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I would not use a K&N filter on MY coach but that's entirely up to you.

How many times have you reset the Air Vacuum Gauge? Once it gets to about 25-30 the FIRST time I always reset it . Then once it gets to 25-30 once again it's time to replace the air filter.

Has you past 10K trips been on dusty or dirty roads at all? I stick to highways so that very same filter on my Windsor, P537448, would last a few years or more.

Less than 10000 high way only 

Something is not right there, you should not have that much restriction in 10’000 miles, I’d check the restriction gauge, when trucking for myself for over 20 years I would not have to change air filters at a million miles, according to the restriction gauge, but I did, fyi.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jdw12345 said:

Something is not right there, you should not have that much restriction in 10’000 miles, I’d check the restriction gauge, when trucking for myself for over 20 years I would not have to change air filters at a million miles, according to the restriction gauge, but I did, fyi.

It’s new c13 need over 1200 hundred CFM  that what it say for the motor been doing a lot of research lot of stuff out there c15 air cleaner try to find that part number 

29 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

A company that's main business is making air filters can't tell you what their filter is rated to flow 🤔!

Call them and no the can’t give me air flow 38-2002s hdt 

Put a K&N on a Ford 7.3 diesel work truck. Our mechanic that only worked on Ford diesels recommended removing. There was a a lot of fine dust in the outlet of the filter. This truck did spend 25% of its life off pavement.

Only change air filter on our isl400  due to age , no restriction on gauge. It works, I check it yearly 

08 camelot tag isl 400

• Like 2

Cummins can tell you.  Need your Engine Serial Number and the filter cannister housing dimensions.  Total “big” diameter.  Inlet and outlet diameter.  Then they can look up your engine. Match that to the canister and have and then give you the Fleetguard pn.  That’s what Monaco should have put in it.  If you have the CAT, same deal.  Have you checked the chassis section of your manual.

7 hours ago, vito.a said:

On most of these coaches with larger engines the original filter is undersized.  This only matters under full throttle conditions.  Unless you do a lot of full throttle pulls, you might consider using your current filter a while longer.  Just make sure it's not getting wet or has excessive dust.  

I think K&N makes some great products.  I have a friend that put over 130k miles on his coach with a K&N filter.  But, there are some folks that don't think they filter the fine particles. 

Best of luck!

Fuel mileage is terrible

1 hour ago, buzz shamer said:

Fuel mileage is terrible

Yes, the big Caterpillar engines are thirsty when paired with an Allison.  Try driving 62mph or less and do not use the cruise control. 

The Energy efficient tires may help a bit. Make sure they are properly inflated. 

46 minutes ago, Frank Bergamo said:

The C-15 air filter assembly is the way to go. This was discussed at length a while back on the BAC web site and the general consensus was the C-15 filter assembly was the way to go. Hope this helps.

Do you have a part number that would be helpful 

• Thanks 1

Don’t have any part number’s but I would check Motorhome salvage yards for any C-15 air filter configurations that would hopefully fit your C-13 configuration. 2007 was the first year of the Beaver Marquis line that used the C-15, so that is where I would start. Also, I found this on line, https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/poor-air-intake-design-cat-c15-discussion-513682.html   
might give you an idea what your up against. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will only discuss my experiences.  Dirt kills engines and especially Diesel engines because of the huge amount of air that is consumed to make power.  Many types of air filters will say they improve power and that is done by improving the amount of air intake.  The only way to do that is to allow larger molecules to pass through the filter.  As a former auto racer in many different categories, we had to make decisions on what type of air filter we used depending on how long we needed to have the motor last.   When racing on dirt we used grease on the top and bottom of the filter in an attempt to seal the fine particles out from getting into the engine.  After some long races when taking the engine apart to rebuild we could see the scoring on the piston cylinder walls from dirt getting in.

I

First, I would replace the gauge. Our 2005 Exec with the Detroit had the wrong gauge installed from Monaco (apparently DD and Cummins called for different specs), and I didn’t find that out until mine stopped moving and I ordered a replacement. They just don’t last forever. I change mine roughly every 10 years as they are relatively inexpensive.

Second, I’ve heard stories of air filters collapsing internally over the years. If you change the indicator and still get a bad reading, it could just be a bad filter. Or it could be an obstruction somewhere between the outside intake and the filter. Might have to pull the filter and look inside.

Third, way back when Bill D was a Donaldson dealer, he helped my determine that bumping up to the next larger size and flow, moving from P537448 to P537449 (or equivalent in other brands). Same placement of inlet and outlet just larger diameter. I had to fabricate new straps to mount it but that was pretty easy. 

Reducing back pressure is an easy thing to do with obvious performance results. I had a 525 ISX in a 07 Executive ,  did the following changes to the intake and exhaust components. I replaced the OEM air cleaner with one from AFE, which had a washable filter element and more CFM capacity, same micron spec. Next i replaced ALL the pleated intake hose with rubber fittings and aluminum tubing from intakehoses.com. That's what truckers use. Got rid of all the air friction in the intake. Next was a resonator to replace the muffler from dynaflexproducts.com. Largest MFG. of class 8 truck exhaust components in the U S A. Did not like that so i went straight pipe. . Here is a picture of the results on a screen shot of my Aladdin system. Performance was great and my average CRUISING MPG went up. I cruised at 1350-1400 RPM, 61-62 MPH.   

AFE, https://afepower.com/  is out of California. YOU have to CALL them to get a filter element quote. NOT a standard web site catalogue item. 

2016-12-23 17.13.03.jpg