Closest sliding door locks

If you have SEA (Shower Enclosures of Anerica), you can order new latches.  The design is improved and they work great. Picture would be great also

I had replaced so many of those cheap plastic latches in my previous Windsor that I finally gave up. I went to Amazon or Target and purchased two brass colored spring loaded adjustable closet/shower rods. I place those into the lower track and those doors will not move a cm now.

Easy peasy!

3 hours ago, bklaes said:

I use broomsticks in the floor channels.  Not too elegant, but keeps them shut.

Similar. DW found square dowel to fit in channels. Cut to length and added string to easily remove. Got tired of messing with the old locks (and I use that word loosely). 😀

This simple plastic flip over latch has worked for years on ours. It flips flat when not needed. A simple flip and it goes into a 90 degree angle and blocks the one door while holding the other. 

latch Sliding Closet.pdfClosetLatchforTraveling.thumb.png.5497ebc8f6d848ea30cd9903da0a881c.pngCloset latches supplier.pdf

Here is a picture of the SEA (Shower Enclosures of America) Travel Latch (PN 9000TL-SA). I installed these several years ago when I replaced the plastic latches. In addition to the Travel Latch I also have a Southco Grabber Door Latch on the back side of each door. The combination seems to provide an effective solution. 

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg

IMG_1635.jpeg

8 hours ago, J Goddard said:

Here is a picture of the SEA (Shower Enclosures of America) Travel Latch (PN 9000TL-SA). I installed these several years ago when I replaced the plastic latches. In addition to the Travel Latch I also have a Southco Grabber Door Latch on the back side of each door. The combination seems to provide an effective solution. 

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg

IMG_1635.jpeg

That what Monaco used on my Camelot.  Two caveats.

1. make sure the hanging hardware is tight and locked…as in nuts and screws tight.

2. Install and get it centered both horizontal and vertical.

Only issues I have had was sliding door sagging and the mating snap catches will break.  Parts readily available…

13 hours ago, J Goddard said:

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg

IMG_1635.jpeg

I have the SEA latches.

Replaced one broken plastic piece, and it's replacement never survived the first weekend 😖!

I used hardwood blocks to make my own. Still working well after many years!

20210630_134557 (1).jpg

1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

I have the SEA latches.

Replaced one broken plastic piece, and it's replacement never survived the first weekend 😖!

I used hardwood blocks to make my own. Still working well after many years!

20210630_134557 (1).jpg

Very resourceful.

I had to ADD a 1/2” block to the facing on the interior (one that is clesest to the closet). That gave me a surface to screw in the latch.  I’ve replaced them about 8 years ago…one was OK, but door dropped down and it was not properly aligned and mating. They don’t like to copulate at odd angles…