2007 Dynasty = Rear AC has NO Power. WHY?

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

I have no power to my rear AC. I’m trying to find a schematic to find a junction box in my 07 Dynasty I can’t seem to figure out on the website how to get to the schematics, any help would be appreciated.
Don

Okay.  You need to define no power.  No 12V or no 120V?

Does the thermostat light up with a menu when you turn the black slide switch on the bottom of the thermostat on?  (This is assuming you have the original 5 button Dometic Comfort Control).  

Do you have a 42' Dynasty with three A/C systems, or a 40' with two?

Do you have any other A/Cs on that thermostat, and do they operate?  

Do you have a washing machine?  Monaco used an Intellitec relay and put one of the A/C units on the same circuit with the washer.  These sometimes go bad.  

This should get us started and we'll work from these answers.  

Edited by vito.a

I doubt you will get any schematics from REV, they don't fully support the older Monaco's BUT you can try here https://www.monacocoach.com/contact-us/

Years ago ~2010 Monaco still actually had a technical support team and you could actually talk to someone.  I contacted them and they sent me PDF copies of my diagrams for house and chassis. 

Also look in the downloads section, I see there is a 2006 & 2008 wiring diagram but no 2007, not sure if either of these will help you but wouldn't hurt to look.  At some point Monaco switched to a Mulitplex type system so it depends where yours falls. 

The thermostat lights. I have the 42 what three are conditions. I only have one air conditioner running on this thermostat.

There’s two connections on it one for the washing machine that I do not have and the ac.

There’s two connections on the one for the washing machine that I do not have and one for the AC. I can jump it in the air-conditioning will work, but I’m wondering what the washer and dryer connections go to if I just switch them over?

You likely either have a failed Automatic Energy Selector Switch that routes AC power to either the rear AC or washer/dryer.  This Intellitec AES module is often hidden below the closet floor in the area where the aquahot heat exchanger is located.  Or, the other possibility is that if you have an energy management system in your electrical panel, the relay on the circuit board failed.  Your coach has either an energy management circuit board in your panel box or an AES module.

As for wiring diagrams, check the Downloads.  The 2007 Signature should be very close to your 2007 Dynasty.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2007 Dynasty = Rear AC has NO Power. WHY?
  • Solution
1 hour ago, Frank McElroy said:

You likely either have a failed Automatic Energy Selector Switch that routes AC power to either the rear AC or washer/dryer.  This Intellitec AES module is often hidden below the closet floor in the area where the aquahot heat exchanger is located.  Or, the other possibility is that if you have an energy management system in your electrical panel, the relay on the circuit board failed.  Your coach has either an energy management circuit board in your panel box or an AES module.

As for wiring diagrams, check the Downloads.  The 2007 Signature should be very close to your 2007 Dynasty.

Frank beat me to the bell.  I was looking for the 2007 Sig Drawings.  The Sig has some "upgrades" specific to it.  BUT the basic drawing file is the same.  You just look for what is in yours....

Next up...  The AES, assuming you have that...and that is probably a GOOD BET is wired with ONE. Read the MANUAL. IF you are running your Washer Dryer...you AIN'T gonna have any power to the AC. It was a COMPROMISE.  The AES unit has three pieces of Romex.  One is from the Main Panel Breaker...  then the OTHER two are "OUTPUTS" as LONG as there is NOT a "load" or power (Current) being used for the washer/dryer, then the AES gives the breaker power to the rear AC  BUT, turn ON the Washer/dryer or whatever and BINGO....it kills the rear AC.

Here is the "probably" what you need.  The PN will be on the AES once you locate it...  

Intellitec 00-00714-000 Auto Energy Selector Module

https://www.amazon.com/Intellitec-00-00714-000-Energy-Selector-Module/dp/B00ODIQ2VQ/ref=asc_df_B00ODIQ2VQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312087868266&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15333576657778596311&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009731&hvtargid=pla-685119380112&psc=1&mcid=7a53c1da19103bc1896f4938f13dcd0b&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=58868507981&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312087868266&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15333576657778596311&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009731&hvtargid=pla-685119380112&gclid=Cj0KCQiAxOauBhCaARIsAEbUSQRKfcmPjjgrKC0AG5rDwPPgimNuyu-KCNhBHHiZKTMmay0a2b0xipsaAlfXEALw_wcB

That should fix it...read up on it in the manual...and then find it. It is NOT difficult...you just label the wires...and then (POWER OFF and GENNY BREAKER -UP FRONT- OFF) change it out...take a picture and color code the Romex...

Just for good measure if you have not diagnosed it yet. Open your AC breaker panel and post a picture of it. 

Don't forget that there's often other sources cheaper than Amazon if you don't need the packaging material  https://www.ebay.com/itm/305284752443 and still get free shipping.

When the original poster said "There’s two connections on the one for the washing machine that I do not have and one for the AC. I can jump it in the air-conditioning will work" it sounds like he's already found the Intellitec box. But without his washing machine I wonder why the box is bad as the relay should not be changing states. When mine failed years ago it was a solder joint to the board's relay... easy fix ... but I got a new one anyway and put the repaired one in service with a double throw switch as an alternative way to load share the front A/C with the Aqua hot for when I'm on 30 amp service.  Even with the potential of the Aqua Hot element being switched under load the relay has held up.

Edited by amphi_sc

I ordered a new box should be here by Wednesday. You gentlemen are awesome with your help it was under the drawer. I switched the washer dryer wires and wala . I’m glad I ran into this problem before summer 🥵🥵🥵. I think I kind of knew were the box was from previous post about washing problems. I can’t thank you enough for all your support. I just have a few more things to fix and I’m off to Florida.

Don

• Like 1