2007 HR Endeavor. What are these strange fittings? Do they connect to leveling system? Thanks.

Good morning, I came out this morning n found the rig leaning heavy to the right.    First time for me. 

I aired it up n checked for leaks with soap.  Didn’t find any on the pass front.  I checked the rear and found a couple fittings with minor leaks, nevertheless they leak. 

one come from a valve on a  small black tank sitting up high. The other looks like a tee with two green hoses.  Will these green hoses unscrew from the fittings without damaging the hose?  

the fitting with the red hose is not the problem , it’s above it. 

I’ve attached a couple picks.  I’m surprised I didn’t see anything up front, I’ll give it some time and see what happens.    

thnx

IMG_0267.jpeg

IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0265.jpeg

IMG_0264.jpeg

The small black tank looks like it came with the Air Force One braking system. Do you have that for your toad? I (think) the valve on the small tank is a pressure protection valve if you have the Air Force One braking system.

2 hours ago, Gweedo said:

I don’t have the brake system on the toad. Just the brake buddy 

Question is….re AirForceONE…. Did a previous owner have one installed.  If you crawl under and look at the cannisters from the rear brakes….there will be a “T”, I THINK going to “somewhere”.  The other side will NOT have one.  The AFO works when you apply brakes….an AIR signal to the rear.  The AFO system is more complex than the M&G…. The AFO then has a “system” and check valves to prevent a bleed down.

If you have had MH since new…obviously NOT. BUT who knows what the PO did.  If you are curious….download the AFO manual. There are pictures of air circuit and the additional components.  I have the M&G and all I have is the T.  Now, if you have left over AFO parts….undo.

FWIW…NEVER, EVER depend on a PO to have installed or had installed something RIGHT.  We have seen folks cut into hoses or wires that were absolutely the WRONG ONE.  I would NOT have thought that the AFO air supply, which is different from the brake line T signal, would have been plumbed in to the leveling system….

BUT, after 16 years of reading most every post and helping troubleshoot…..Nothing, quite literally, surprises me.

May not solve the issue…but if you are not PO, then eliminating the AFO system by looking at their manual is the only way to be sure.

Someone may solve it….but if one of the candidates is AFO….gotta chase hoses…

Good Luck….let us know…

Thanks,

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2007 HR Endeavor. What are these strange fittings? Do they connect to leveling system? Thanks.

Thnx. I’m  the second owner.  Coach has sat for cpl hours now, the r-front is 1” lower than the left.   

I’ll see what I can see regarding the AFO system, I know what it is but I know nothing about it.   I’ll look in my folder but don’t recall seeing anything about the AFO.   

My 08 has on ride height valve on the front and one on each side in the back. If the right one is low the coach would likely lean a bit. Might be worth checking. 

Posted (edited)

Okay got back under. One line feeds an outlet at the hitch, that comes from the top of the unit.   

I’ll attach some more pics.  But from what you guys are saying it appears I have the AFO.   

I have always lost air over time but not like today.     So far it’s been a few hours n the right front is still 1” lower than left side but, it hasn’t gone down in the past hour.   

question…can the AFO cause the lean like that?   I just lubed everything n I’m pretty certain I didn’t mess with air lines.  

one of the lines from the tank goes into a tee n one of the big green lines.  The other green lines disappears n looks like it headed to the front.  I’m assuming it feeds the front tank because I see a green line at the tank 

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg

IMG_0273.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

Edited by Gweedo

2 hours ago, Gweedo said:

question…can the AFO cause the lean like that?  

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg

IMG_0273.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

NO!

When I bought my coach one of the fittings on the AF1 reservoir leaked just like yours, but it can't cause your air bags to leak down on one side!

• Like 2

Okay good to know.   I sprayed the air bag pretty good n didn’t notice a leak.  Anyone know if the leveling valve can cause this? Or is there something else I should be looking at.    I’m going run out to the shop n c if anything has happened in the last few hours

So I went out. So far the RF is same at 40”. Lf is 41”.  R r is 41” n Lr is 42”.  I have lost 19lbs of air I’m sure because of the leaky valves    I guess I’ll see if it’s sagging in the morning.     All tires pressures are equal.   

3 minutes ago, Gweedo said:

I know I should know this but I assume it has the leveling. Rr8r. The right front was dipping the most.   See photo, I’m assuming this is the leveling rod

400F0F8D-B9F0-41F1-8E20-2285775803F6.jpeg

Do you have hydraulic jacks?

1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

Yes

1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

I know I should know this but I assume it has the leveling. Rr8r. The right front was dipping the most.   See photo, I’m assuming this is the leveling rod

Maybe an anomaly, not with my luck.  Still need to fix the leaks, looks simple enough.  I am wondering if they sell compression fitting instead of the push on.  Much prefer compression.   

Just now, Ivan K said:

The rod and valve in your pic is part of ride hight system and if that valve was leaking, it would be dropping both front corners.

Gotch ya thanks.  

If you don't have a 'fitting shop' near you, you can get DOT rated compression fittings on Amazon or elsewhere since it appears to be a brake line. Easier to find if you are eliminating the small line and looking for a straight coupler. 

4 hours ago, Gweedo said:

Okay got back under. One line feeds an outlet at the hitch, that comes from the top of the unit.   

I’ll attach some more pics.  But from what you guys are saying it appears I have the AFO.   

I have always lost air over time but not like today.     So far it’s been a few hours n the right front is still 1” lower than left side but, it hasn’t gone down in the past hour.   

question…can the AFO cause the lean like that?   I just lubed everything n I’m pretty certain I didn’t mess with air lines.  

one of the lines from the tank goes into a tee n one of the big green lines.  The other green lines disappears n looks like it headed to the front.  I’m assuming it feeds the front tank because I see a green line at the tank 

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg

IMG_0273.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

Short answer…no way to know.  With the AFO Manual, you have the inatructions for install..reverse…and uninstall.  As stated, you NEVER know if it was done correctly, but take off what was added….

BTW, You may have a leaky valve.  Until you. Identify what ain’t needed…a guess

14 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

If you don't have a 'fitting shop' near you, you can get DOT rated compression fittings on Amazon or elsewhere since it appears to be a brake line. Easier to find if you are eliminating the small line and looking for a straight coupler. 

Thanks. We have a few truck parts places up here. 

4 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Short answer…no way to know.  With the AFO Manual, you have the inatructions for install..reverse…and uninstall.  As stated, you NEVER know if it was done correctly, but take off what was added….

BTW, You may have a leaky valve.  Until you. Identify what ain’t needed…a guess

3 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

NO!

When I bought my coach one of the fittings on the AF1 reservoir leaked just like yours, but it can't cause your air bags to leak down on one side!

As long as it was plumbed correctly.

18 minutes ago, timaz996 said:

As long as it was plumbed correctly.

I guess!

Anyone who would tap into the suspension air system to supply air to an aux braking system, probably shouldn't have been doing the job!

If the system was ever put into use, the tow vehicles brakes would have been dragging as soon as the coach was aired up!

Edited by 96 EVO
  • Like 1

Why would brakes drag. I know nothing about the system   Im thinking of replacing the exact fitting leaving the option for the toad brakes.  If not I can do like Ivan suggested n get a straight fitting .

is there  an issue with this system? Should I stick with the brake buddy, haven’t used it in the new toad yet.  Hate cause it damage.  Reliable or no?  

17 minutes ago, Gweedo said:

Why would brakes drag. I know nothing about the system   Im thinking of replacing the exact fitting leaving the option for the toad brakes.  If not I can do like Ivan suggested n get a straight fitting .

is there  an issue with this system? Should I stick with the brake buddy, haven’t used it in the new toad yet.  Hate cause it damage.  Reliable or no?  

Sorry I'm don't anything about the Brake buddy setup. Someone here should.