Water tank dimensions

Joelsheriff

I have an 07 Diplomat and my fresh water tank, 100gal, is cracked and has to be replaced. The shop found it to be obsolete and discontinued. He needs me to get dimensions of the actual tank. I can't get under there does anyone have, by chance, the actual dimensions.  Or if anyone with an 07 Dip can measure theirs it would be greatly appreciated.   TIA  Joel 

As Jim Bob says, find another shop. I would NEVER provide a shop with dimensions as it's too easy to bail out if it doesn't fit, or for any other reason they choose. It's their shop, they are doing the work, they should do the measurements. Your tank may not be the same as someone else's......Dennis

7 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Joel, do the waste tanks set on top of the water tank?

Gary 05 AMB DST

Gary, the fresh water tank cannot set below the waste tanks. Normal set up is fresh water NEXT to the grey water which sits above the black water tank.....Dennis

Well a friend who has since passed repaired his by purchasing some flat stock of what the tank was made of. Took one pc and ran it through a table saw and collected the shavings then If my memory is good, he mixed the shavings with I think acetone which made it into a glue, smeared it on the other pc and stuck it over his leak. Lasted 10 years till he passed. After that I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Dennis H said:

Gary, the fresh water tank cannot set below the waste tanks. Normal set up is fresh water NEXT to the grey water which sits above the black water tank.....Dennis

Our 2005 Signature has the grey and black tanks next to each other, with the fresh water tank below them.

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

1 hour ago, Dennis H said:

My 09 Knight fresh water tank is below gray and black.

I got the diagnosis by one dealer who didn't repair it or replace tanks. Richardsons in Menifee CA, brought it to Simi Valley Rv for other work and they tried finding the tank for replacement but I didn't want to leave coach there or wait for their findings so I left and got a call today stating 50 miles away, that tank is obsolete and could I get them dimensions for them to look further. Supposedly break is on top near fill connection I can't see it but it is leaking. Can I get some constructive advise rather than how bad the shop is. Thanks 

I can see the repair options as a diyer project but no shop is going to attempt a patch work and put their name on it. 

3 minutes ago, Joelsheriff said:

I got the diagnosis by one dealer who didn't repair it or replace tanks. Richardsons in Menifee CA, brought it to Simi Valley Rv for other work and they tried finding the tank for replacement but I didn't want to leave coach there or wait for their findings so I left and got a call today stating 50 miles away, that tank is obsolete and could I get them dimensions for them to look further. Supposedly break is on top near fill connection I can't see it but it is leaking. Can I get some constructive advise rather than how bad the shop is. Thanks 

Im currently in Desert Hot Springs and have a 09 Knight. Not sure if my tank is equal to yours but tomorrow I’ll take a stab at measuring mine. 

I can see the repair options as a diyer project but no shop is going to attempt a patch work and put their name on it. 

Thanks Gary but don't go too far out for this I don't know how reliable the measurements will be something to go on for my 07 Dip.  Thanks again. 

Guest Ray Davis
12 hours ago, Joelsheriff said:

Can I get some constructive advise rather than how bad the shop is. Thanks 

Easy now!!!!!   Everyone means well, ------ I think.

Guest Ray Davis

My tanks are above the fresh water tank too.   I've thought that doesn't look quite right,  but then I suppose the other way around would have complicated Monaco's   plumbing the drains into the holding tanks.     Maybe they drain better up higher

In the plating industry plastic tank are repaired,  welded with plastic rods & a heat gun.    I'm sure they can repair Joel's too if they can access the area.

Think outside the RV box. I would go to a plastic fabrication shop. It's what they do. I would also look into 3M products. May have an adhesive patch that would work. Like an inside tubeless tire patch.

Edited by Paul A.

19 hours ago, Dennis H said:

I stand corrected. Although mine is next to the other two, it sure seems weird to have contaminated fluids above drinking water....just sayin.....mea culpa......Dennis

13 hours ago, Dennis H said:

I stand corrected. Although mine is next to the other two, it sure seems weird to have contaminated fluids above drinking water....just sayin.....mea culpa......Dennis

Relying on logic when dealing with humans can be dangerous

• Like 1