Ride Height Problem

My Dynasty no longer comes up to proper ride height on the entire left side. I am assuming that the ride height valve in the rear that controls the left side has failed or something else has happened to it.

Am I correct in my thinking?

I can bring it up manually but it won't stay there. It slowly drops back down.

What say others who know more about the ride height valves than I do?

There are three ride height valves on the Roadmaster chassis. One in the front and two in the rear (one on each side). Your left side ride height valve needs to be inspected. These valves have a lever that comes off them with a rod that attaches to the frame. The rod may have come out of the rubber holder. If everything looks intact, your ride height valve may be defective. I have had to put two new ones on my 2008 Dynasty. Do some YouTube videos and look at the archives in Bill D's. Also there is a Monaco owner group in Facebook that is very helpful.

Edited by Doug and Nicki
  • Thanks 1

Does it keep dropping in manual mode or with system off or only in travel mode? And does it stop at certain position or keeps dropping to eventually have empty bags at that side/corner. Number of possible causes with the rear left ride valve and rod mounts probably easiest to check.

I just spoke with Barry @ Josam's in Orlando. He seems to think it is most likely a travel solenoid valve that is not working on the 6-Pack at the rear because the left side won't come up at all but I can raise it with the HWH control panel in manual mode.

I plan to take the coach to Josam's once I have a firm appointment made with RV Glass Solutions in Lakeland FL for a new windshield to be installed. I will go to Josam's first to have the ride height system repaired, then head over to Lakeland FL to have my new windshield installed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I just spoke with Barry @ Josam's in Orlando. He seems to think it is most likely a travel solenoid valve that is not working on the 6-Pack at the rear because the left side won't come up at all but I can raise it with the HWH control panel in manual mode.

I plan to take the coach to Josam's once I have a firm appointment made with RV Glass Solutions in Lakeland FL for a new windshield to be installed. I will go to Josam's first to have the ride height system repaired, then head over to Lakeland FL to have my new windshield installed.

I had to replace two ride height valves on my 08 dynasty; one went out while travelling and the passenger side rear dropped like a rock.  I also had to change a 6-pack becase of a bad solenoid valve that controls the levelling;  coach kept dropping on one side over night.   Based on your observation about good operation in manual mode i feel pretty sure that the solenoid that controls the air flow to ride height valve is bad.  It is an easy fix.

Bob L, 08 dynasty

Our air ride and leveling is a complicated system of solenoid valves, air bags, air-lines and connectors which works great until it doesn't.  An experienced tech should be able to track it down. It's likely in one of the six-packs which can be replaced or rebuilt. I've heard of a number of cases of mud daubers making homes of the exhaust ports on those valve blocks. I screwed in some silencers on mine which made the system quieter for those camped next to me and prevented the little buggers from making trouble.

Edited by PTTech

On 2/8/2024 at 11:18 AM, Dr4Film said:

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking in regards to the left Ride height Valve being the problem.

I appreciate bouncing this off members and having knowledgeable folks to rely on.

I manually raised mine and hit auto leveling it leveled and let it stay for a day then not at ride hight then started it aired up to ride hight a few times and it released the sticky valve it’s worked ever sinceIMG_0914.thumb.png.f77f4f9400500763cbd47d799d985911.png

Richard I had to play with mine I manually raised both front and rear then hit dump then auto leveling never letting it go into ride hight I think twice it held at leveling. Next day took it for test drive and haven’t had a problem since. I was told sometimes the valves stick from sitting. Berry is right guy to fix it for sure. Let me know how it works out for you.

When you look at the diagram of the rear 6-Pack Air Manifold, there are two Travel Valves at the top, one for each side. The Raise and Lower Valves are separate from the Travel Valves. So, exercising the Raise and Lower Valves really should have no effect on the two Travel Valves at the top of the manifold.

I think you were just lucky in your case.

This problem fist started when we went to leave from our Workamping jobs in Georgia to return home last November. I had to use the HWH in manual mode just to get home. However, I constantly had to tweak the control pad while driving. I recently moved the coach to do some work on the house and nothing has changed. Left side will not come up to ride height.

I talked to Barry @ Josam's last week to get his opinion. He thinks its one of the Travel Solenoids that has failed.  Since I have no way of safely getting underneath the coach in that location and condition, I plan to have him repair whatever it needs to get it back to normal.

I am having RV Glass Solutions replace my windshield sometime this month. So my plan is to drive to Josam's and have the air leveling system worked on. Then drive over to Lakeland FL to have the new windshield installed.

Follow-up post when it has been repaired.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Follow-up to my Ride Height Problem.

Had an appointment at Josam's last week to address my ride height problem. I am VERY embarrassed and mad at myself for not catching what they had found to be the main problem. It wasn't a Travel Height Solenoid valve that Barry (the service manager) had suggested when I talked with him on the phone. I actually had two air bags on the drive axle with holes in them!!! Holy crap!!!

Barry said that all 10 air bags need to be replaced as the rubber has deteriorated down to the reinforcement webbing. They had time to replace the four on the drive axle but I am now making an appointment to have the other 6 air bags replaced plus they found the front ride height valve leaking so that needs to be replaced long with a number of O-rings on the 6-Pack Air Manifolds will need to be replaced.

I have a follow-up appointment on March 27th to get the balance of work done.

My question for the members here is about the front ride height valve. Does anyone know the correct part number for the ride height valve for a 2006 Monaco Dynasty?

Thank you in advance for any help and information you can provide.

• Like 1

@Twomed Thanks for that information. The Hadley H00450 comes in a variety of configurations. Is the one that I need for my 06 Dynasty the H00450-CE or is it some other post letter configuration?

I don't want to order the wrong one!

CE is compression fittings.  You need to eyeball yours and be sure.  Pretty sure ours are PTC (push to connect) but it has been awhile since I replaced one.  Easiest to see the front one with genset extended. 😉

Thanks, @Ivan K ,for that information. Does it make sense to order new linkage?

Amazon has the H00450CE for under $50 plus it does come with various brackets. Haven't found one with just the valve body at a reasonable price yet.

https://tinyurl.com/fhsk3k57

22 minutes ago, Twomed said:

CE is compression fittings.  You need to eyeball yours and be sure.  Pretty sure ours are PTC (push to connect) but it has been awhile since I replaced one.  Easiest to see the front one with genset extended. 😉

@Twomed OK, that makes sense. I bet that the compression fittings can be removed and the PTC type fittings installed instead. Do you agree?

The valves usually come with the brackets, I just find it easier to reuse the old ones. If you mean the rod between the axle and arm, it depends how good or bad the rubber ends are. Mine are still good but they are inexpensive if needed. I just have a spare set, in case.

• Thanks 1

One more note, if you are replacing the front valve, it likely will have a PTC T-fitting on one port, mine leaked once manhandled. The fitting would replace the compression part on that port to split left-right towards the sixpack manifold.  Something to be prepared for if it happens. My lines are 1/8, yours may be larger.

17103442971304850874261604673690.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

@Ivan K are you sure about the 1/8 inch air lines? The used HWH 6-Pack Air Manifold I purchased from Visone RV had 1/4 inch air lines to bags and 3/8 inch input air lines to the 6-Pack.

Yes, of course you are right, 1/4 on all my airbags, I had a Joey moment.... yours could be larger though 

21 hours ago, Ivan K said:

The valves usually come with the brackets, I just find it easier to reuse the old ones. If you mean the rod between the axle and arm, it depends how good or bad the rubber ends are. Mine are still good but they are inexpensive if needed. I just have a spare set, in case.

I agree.  The rubber deteriorates over time.  I replaced mine with these - Haldex 48100367.  https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MBI48100367

Thanks everyone for the advice and recommendations.

I ended up purchasing the Hadley Ride Height Valve from Amazon for under $50 and the Hadley Linkage Kit HPB450-3 I purchased from an eBay vendor for just under $25.

I appreciate the help you guys had posted.

My plan is to have Josam's replace the remaining 6 air bags, replace the leaking front Ride Height Valve plus repair any of the leaking HWH solenoid valves with new O-rings when I return for my appointment on March 27th.

Next winter I will rebuild the spare HWH 6-Pack Air Manifold that I purchased from Visone RV, then keep that as a spare. If I have additional air leveling issues, I can simply replace the entire unit with the rebuilt one, then take my time refurbishing the leaking one for a backup.