Aqua hot problems

My aqua hot will not work. It doesn't light up on My panel in the kitchen when I push the aqua hot diesel switch. I am able to turn on the aqua hot 110v switch an get hot water but every few days it shuts itselve off.iam able to turn it back on. I have been waiting for a mobile rv mechanic for 3 weeks. I am new to this coach and I follow this forum daily and have learned a lot but the aqua hot is all new to me. All pointers would be helpful. Thanks. RS Makes more 2006 signature 41

Do you have a panel in the bay where the Aquahot is located. Mine has a panel there with lights that will show system ok with green lights, red lights for problems. Have you replaced the fuel filter and burner tip for the AquaHot?

We just had our aqua hot service which is a good idea to do. When we turn ours on inside the coach in the kitchen our light won't go on either but we went out side and it is working so we talked to our rv guy who serviced or aqua hot and he said it's the panel so when we have a down time we'll have him replace it but our aqua hot does work. Just make sure you hear it outside turn off even tho the lights not on

1 hour ago, Duanebalogh said:

We just had our aqua hot service which is a good idea to do. When we turn ours on inside the coach in the kitchen our light won't go on either but we went out side and it is working so we talked to our rv guy who serviced or aqua hot and he said it's the panel so when we have a down time we'll have him replace it but our aqua hot does work. Just make sure you hear it outside turn off even tho the lights not on

Have you considered that your switch light just might be burned out and all you might need is either a new switch or just replacing the tiny lamp? Happened to me on a long trip and I just plugged the lamp leads from back of the switch into a spare water pump indicator light until I replaced the lamp with led at home.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:37 PM, Ivylog said:

Did you find the panel Rob referenced? Use a straightened paper clip to push the reset button on this board.

Yes I did and I also pushed the reset button. Nothing lit up on the panel outside but when I went inside I noticed the aqua diesel button was lit. Shouldn't there be some lights on in the panel outside? Thanks

1 hour ago, RS lakeshore said:

Yes I did and I also pushed the reset button. Nothing lit up on the panel outside but when I went inside I noticed the aqua diesel button was lit. Shouldn't there be some lights on in the panel outside? Thanks

Follow the links below to find your manual on the 2006 Signature and service options. You will find that beginning on page 127 of the manual you will find everything you need to know about the AquaHot system is listed there. If you have lights out they may be burnt out and need replacement. A fuel filter and burner replacement is a great place to start. 

https://www.monacocoach.com/resources/media/manuals/2006_Signature.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084Q5PLDK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

http://www.aquahot.com/Products/RV/Annual-Service-Kits.aspx

• Thanks 1

Go online to Aqua Hot and download their service manuals. All kinds of useful info there. Also the people at the factory are very good at talking you through problems. If you have one of these you will need to learn how it works. The factory also has a list of people across the country who have had their training course. 

Finally quit raining long enough to work on aqua hot. I shut off the 110v switch in the kitchen , the diesel switch was off and I I turned off the breaker at the main panel. Opened faucets and eventually the hot water was gone. I turned the breaker on did the reset button and pushed  diesel button inside. It started and ran for like 30 mins and shut off. Checked for hot water all is good. I am going to have it serviced by a certified tech. Thanks for all the help. Now on to the next the front ac problem.

2 minutes ago, RS lakeshore said:

Finally quit raining long enough to work on aqua hot. I shut off the 110v switch in the kitchen , the diesel switch was off and I I turned off the breaker at the main panel. Opened faucets and eventually the hot water was gone. I turned the breaker on did the reset button and pushed  diesel button inside. It started and ran for like 30 mins and shut off. Checked for hot water all is good. I am going to have it serviced by a certified tech. Thanks for all the help. Now on to the next the front ac problem.

Good for you

And

Always something 🙄 on the punch list. 

I should add that Roger Berke has been very helpful in the past too. Between both of these resources and not being afraid to get your hands dirty (literally... clean the combustion chamber and change the fuel nozzle and filter on a regular basis) you can keep your A-H unit running it top condition.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know where to get a replacement diesel rocker on/off switch for the Aqua Hot-AHE-100-01S?

Here is a pic of the rocker switch (on the left)

Thanks,

Bill

Rocker.jpg

Edited by Corkman

21 minutes ago, Corkman said:

Yes

I updated my post to clarify that, and included a pic.

Thanks Wayne.

Carling Rocker Switches, Ebay or I found a place in Eugene Oregon, I had to take the switch out and give them the exact number off the side of the switch, all my documents are in the coach 800 miles away, for the life of me I cannot remember the place in Oregon. 

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

1 minute ago, WayneC said:

Carling Rocker Switches, Ebay or I found a place in Eugene Oregon, I had to take the switch out and give them the exact number off the side of the switch, all my documents are in the coach 800 miles away, for the life of me I cannot remember the place in Oregon. 

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

Northwest RV supply, just came to me,they know their stuff

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

1 hour ago, Corkman said:

Are the lights in the Aqua Hot (I just discovered there are 2 light) replaceable? It seems like it would be hard to get them out to replace them?

Does anyone know where to get a replacement diesel rocker on/off switch for the Aqua Hot-AHE-100-01S?

Here is a pic of the rocker switch (on the left)

Thanks,

Bill

Rocker.jpg

Those switches are commonly available.  The trick or maybe the proper way is to go to your prints.  That will show you the schematic.  The rocker switches all fit standard cutouts.  You do not typically replace the burned out bulbs. The original switch had an incandescent light.  Then the companies upgraded and eventually the newer ones were Neon but now all are LED.  So….you need to look at the switch, and the print helps.  There should be a diagram in your AH manual or you can call them.  AH kept changing the circuits.  On the 2009 like mine, the switches were also “indicators”.  So, when you turned on the Diesel, you got a LIGHT.  BUT….if the diesel quit or didn’t fire, then the light went off.  A standard switch has a LED a in it.  You have incoming power…..and then an outgoing switch or ON wire. There is a ground to provide the other side of the LED.  THREE wires.  As long as you have power and the switch is ON….the LED stays ON.  

BUT….if the switch has a built in LIGHT…..that acts as a ON and WORKING indicator, then you need 4 wires….power in….switch ON out.  Then a OK or power IN to the  internal LED and a ground.  

Which circuit does yours have.  If it is the 3 wire, then find any good quality LED switch and it will work. It was only during the transition from incandescent to neon to LED that is was easier to add a pilot light,  A replacement LED switch will be more reliable and work fine.  Amazon has gazillions of them….Carling and another vendor (in the parts list) were the only 2 brands Monaco used,  I would get a new LED switch and not fool with drilling or resistors….I have replaced many of my incandescent lighted switches with LED and they are almost 10 years old now and still working.

Your Prints are your friend….