Monaco sewer hose storage, what fits into PVC pipe?

ok-rver

Our 2004 Scepter has a sewer hose storage in the wet bay with a small door, straight section, 90 degree elbow and then another straight section. Appears to be 4" PVC pipe. measures around 4" ID by 28" deep. The existing swivel fittings on my hose will not fit into the pipe. There may be enough room behind the door for one fitting that does not slide into the pipe. Wondering if there are fittings that will fit into the PVC or do others buy sewer hose with no fittings for storage and then slip them on the end of the hose when needed?

If I can't find a hose to fit into the pipe, I might take it out to allow a hose to be stored in that area of the bay.

Guest Ray Davis

The one on my 03 Windsor was a joke.  I still have the door but got rid of the rest.  

Who ever designed it has never used a camper or maybe it's something for a salesman to point out as a nice extra.

Those sewer hose storage areas are totally useless for storing any of the quality sewer hoses that are being sold and used today. it will fit a 3-inch sewer hose without any fittings on the ends.

The2002 Windsor had a door on the inside of the Service Bay which required the hose to make a 90 degree turn which is totally stupid. The 2006 Dynasty has a door on the outside that goes straight in, but it still will not allow any sewer hoses with fittings to be stored there.

I do not use that area for anything. Total waste of space!

That space is totally useful…

it holds my Jeep flag and a 1” x 2” x 48” mounting board for my Starlink. 

see just what it was intended for…

I had it out when I was redoing the water/sewer gauges. The ironic thing is the space it takes up could’ve been used for bigger tanks or a redesign and the sewer hoses. 

It's raining in Portland, go figure, and not wanting to crawl around the outside of the coach while here this week.  My fresh water tank is about 48" wide and takes up my wet compartment width that has two doors. Part of the tank is behind the 90 deg and back pipe.  Black and grey set on top of the fresh. All of this is below the chassis frame. I do not believe that I could get a straight tube across the frame in that area. My wheel cover skirts have been freed up to allow them to lift but have the original screws along the bottom. When I get home, will look and see if there is room for a tube and maybe use toggles like I have seen on this or IRV2 to latch the covers. At least if I remove the current unusable I will have a bit more room.

Edited by ok-rver
spelling

On my LaPalma we have roto formed storage bins and the hose storage is included into the design (yay). It is too small for any hose fitting and is about 15” long ending just before the fuel tank. What a complete waste of time and effort.

I had thought of replacing it with a more useful pipe size but that can only work if I add  at least one 90 degree elbow. I am still thinking about it and what the options are.

14 hours ago, Martinvz said:

On my LaPalma we have roto formed storage bins and the hose storage is included into the design (yay). It is too small for any hose fitting and is about 15” long ending just before the fuel tank. What a complete waste of time and effort.

I had thought of replacing it with a more useful pipe size but that can only work if I add  at least one 90 degree elbow. I am still thinking about it and what the options are.

Ours has the area for where it would be, but there is no storage door or compartment in the wet bay…ours is an early ‘05….mid-year redesign maybe, or someone forgot to install it? At first I was a bit bummed it wasn’t there, but now I’m thinking it’s a blessing.

I cut a PVC pipe in half and fastened it to the wall above my propane tank that runs across the coach.  the propane tank is in the bay ahead of the wet bay and is open underneath so it is handy and any minor drips end up out side.

• Like 1

From another site i am on.

The round sewage hose storage tube is useless without modification. I removed the existing round tube because the fitting on the ends of the sewage hose wouldn't fit in the tube.
I removed the round tube,  then enlarge the opening to the size of the back square panel (with circular opening) using a cutoff wheel. I then purchased a 4" square pvc fence post cover with cap on the other end and installed it in place of the round tube. It slides right over the 2 sides on the existing square box and held in place like the round tube.
The enlarged size allows stowage of any sewage hose. If you make the tube the fill width of the vehicle you can get 2 section of hose in it. Hope this helps to solve some of your problem.
20220227_133015.jpg
  • Like 1