See Level tank system and propane gauge

Has anyone installed the See Level system in a 2000 Diplomat? I am trying to determine the length of sensors to order. I would like to avoid pulling the tank cover off twice as the fresh water valve has to be removed each time. Has anyone replaced the propane level sensor? It has failed also. The joys of RV ownership.

Greg

2000 Diplomat, headed to FMCA in Lincoln

Like Bill I have a 2000 Dynasty 38’. I opened the cover on the passenger side as well. 

I had my nephew make a small wood riser to put the sealevel plate over the old gauge area.  I re-used the old wires (didn’t need as many). Plus I got a second control panel and put it in the wet- bay  (That has been one the best parts of this upgrade - knowing the status of the tank when filling water or rinsing the black tank has been awesome!)

51EF0F68-319A-456A-B9E6-F026C21844A5.thumb.jpeg.b8424e572302eea17b3b708a00b74edf.jpegEF77C58E-41F7-4293-A3CA-AB1D38F0C6DA.thumb.jpeg.79af0ba05452fef59be7ace4b4516e3d.jpeg

We have owned the Diplomat more than ten years and I am still learning things about it. The passenger side tank cover is next to the propane tank and I never thought to to look under the cover. Just as you describe and pictures show, All three tanks are visible and easy to access to install the sensors. I had seen some of those pictures but thought they were from a different year or model. Thanks for clearing that up and pointing me to an easy solution.

Greg

2000 Diplomat, hope to see you in Lincoln next month.

Piggy backing on this thread....I am considering adding SeeLevel to my coach.  Can I wire the level monitors into my coach's existing display monitors.  Or will I have abandon my existing panel monitor and mount a SeeLevel monitor inside the coach.

You will have to abandon the old monitor. I put the new one over the old one. One big advantage is you can add multiple monitors. I reused some of the wires. Sealevel only needs 2 wires between all three sensors and the control panels. The old ones had 6 wires. 

1 hour ago, veraken said:

How did you get the wiring for the Sea Level sensors to the passenger side of the MH?

I also reused a pair of the old sensor wiring for the new monitor and extended the leftover wires for use with battery monitor display. Did not need to pull any new wire through the interior.

21 hours ago, pulsarjab said:

We have owned the Diplomat more than ten years and I am still learning things about it. The passenger side tank cover is next to the propane tank and I never thought to to look under the cover. Just as you describe and pictures show, All three tanks are visible and easy to access to install the sensors. I had seen some of those pictures but thought they were from a different year or model. Thanks for clearing that up and pointing me to an easy solution.

Greg

2000 Diplomat, hope to see you in Lincoln next month.

I doubt you are going find access from the passenger side as all our plumbing is on the driver side. I believe to access the tanks and current wiring you would need to remove the wet bay panel. Maybe someone with a 2000 Diplomat will chime in. I am pretty sure our layout is different from Dynasty’s  and Signatures. 

The passenger side cover has four screws that hold the large cover in place. The cover has the propane tank shut off switch mounted to it. Removing the cover exposes the the three tanks. Granted, the old sensors are on the drivers side, but the tanks extend the full width to the passenger side. Like I said, we have had this Diplomat over ten years and I am still learning things about it. I plan to use the old sensor wiring so will have to feed the line through but sure makes it easy. I will take some photos but they will look almost identical to the ones posted for the Dynasty. I measured the tanks. The grey and holding tank will take the six inch See Level sensors and the fresh water will take a 12 inch.

Greg

2000 Diplomat

4 minutes ago, Corkman said:

Has anyone figured out how to make the propane gauge/level work on the Seelevel system?

I don't know about yours but we had a gauge for propane level and I just moved the wires over. I think to remember that there is a calibration procedure but I need to fill it up first since we are about half full since last year. It seems to show correctly even now.

I could not figure out which wires in my old system were used for propane. It's been a while, but as I recall, I disconnect all the wires and none affected the old system's ability to accurately measure the propane level.

Attached is a picture of my old system. Anyone know the wires in this panel that go to the propane tank sensor?

image.thumb.jpeg.5504dd92d7b4ac8b58932033889d6f1c.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Corkman said:

I could not figure out which wires in my old system were used for propane. It's been a while, but as I recall, I disconnect all the wires and none affected the old system's ability to accurately measure the propane level.

Attached is a picture of my old system. Anyone know the wires in this panel that go to the propane tank sensor?

image.thumb.jpeg.5504dd92d7b4ac8b58932033889d6f1c.jpeg

Search the files ….WIRING DIAGRAM.  There is a complete set of drawing and I remember seeing the tank print.  NOW be aware, at least on the Camelots, Monaco had to use diodes in one of the harnesses.  Sometimes it was in the monitor or in the interconnecting one to the tank sensors.  So, if you plan to utilize the harness, then, I suspect, that you will have to remove or jumper the diodes.  The diodes, at least, again, on the other harnesses were necessary to prevent feedback from the utility panel or display and make it work from either display,  No DIODES….no worked….Monaco sent out a BUNCH of units with a straight run at the end.  Guess what…as bad as the sensors were…they would not register.  Had to add back the diodes and determine the correct blocking pathway.

Once you locate the correct propane wire….use a VOM or VOM with a Diode circuit,  then a LONG piece of hookup wire with an alligator clip and run the wire up to the panel.  Ring or test out each wire to see if there is a diode…the prints sometimes on prebuilt harnesses do NOT contain them.  Pretty sure yours will as I also have a Diode bridge or array in my hydraulic slide switch.

Cant speak again for the Dynasty, but all the folks that converted have abandoned the Old panel and had to use the new SeeLevel.  There were folks that did some plate or plastic overlays (think a plastic note card).  They used double stick tape on the built in ones on the face of the control panel and then mounted the SeeLevel there. Yours appears to be easy.  Get a plate or cover the upper panel.  Use the SeeLevel panel over it.  That gage panel is custom made with the Lights and buttons part of it.  Look carefully  @Dr4Film might have done a Dynasty like yours,  PM and ask for advice and pictures…he is an advocate of SeeLevel…if my rusty memory is correct. 

Good Luck

I just put in the See Level system in my Dynasty and I found the Information on the sensor wiring on page 72 in the electrical wiring diagrams for the 2001 Dynasty.  I hooked up the orange wire from the propane sensor and the See Level system shows the propane tank level.

sensor panel wiring.pdf

19 hours ago, pulsarjab said:

The passenger side cover has four screws that hold the large cover in place. The cover has the propane tank shut off switch mounted to it. Removing the cover exposes the the three tanks. Granted, the old sensors are on the drivers side, but the tanks extend the full width to the passenger side. Like I said, we have had this Diplomat over ten years and I am still learning things about it. I plan to use the old sensor wiring so will have to feed the line through but sure makes it easy. I will take some photos but they will look almost identical to the ones posted for the Dynasty. I measured the tanks. The grey and holding tank will take the six inch See Level sensors and the fresh water will take a 12 inch.

Greg

2000 Diplomat

Greg,

Thanks for the update. Would love to see your pics when  you get them taken.

Let us know how it goes because I had looked at that system as well.

Good luck.

I do not want to hog the net, but wanted to post the pictures I took today so that others can see how easy it is to access the tanks on a 2000 Diplomat.  The tank on the right is grey water and has two hoses attached, one for the washing machine drain and the other is the breather pipe. The one on the right is holding tank and breather pipe. The white is fresh water. Will post more when I get the See Level kit and do the install. Access to the tanks is simple, I hope the installation goes that way also. Thanks to everyone that pointed me in the right direction.

Greg

2000 Diplomat

DSCF5450.JPG

DSCF5451.JPG

Need To SeeLevels

I am unable to adjust The original Potentiometers for Fresh water, Gray, or the Black tank analog dials on our 2002' Signature. I want to install a SeeLevel system with an added monitor in the wet bay, and I hope to utilize original wiring traveling from tanks to the existing panel.

Questions:   As the photos indicate, I am short on cabinet-"panel real estate". Therefore, I am including a photo of the larger existing panel which, I believe I can only rely upon for the TRACE portion; to see the current status of the float / bulk charge notification.      Just to the left of the larger panel, there is a smaller monitor which is labeled       RV-30D Charge Controller which, has Never illuminated any information since my ownership. It seems the RV30D is  dead.  What was its purpose?? Since it has never provided me with any timely information, can I "remove" it, and extend the designated existing wires to a, new to be installed, SeeLevel panel in its space? Your thoughts please.

Also,                                                                                                                                          Of the four analog dials on the far right, the two on the left indicate 120 AC voltage when I'm on shore power but, I have Never seen any registrations on the two dials on the right. Why might that be? 

Thanks,                                                                                                                                            Gary

IMG_7764.thumb.jpg.d9696d870275cb9333ee297f76680db0.jpgIMG_7760.thumb.jpg.fb53503d95b0596bf646f009dffe8716.jpgIMG_7763.thumb.jpg.37bf0b0bd52e5c764f95d362affe8a16.jpg

Your RV30 is the original solar battery charger. Mine works but I only use it for chassis batteries now. You can certainly remove it and reuse it's space. I installed the SeeLevel display at the cabinet next to it. Had to extend the existing wires a bit.

As far as the dials, the ones on the left are L1 and 2 voltage, at the right is AC current reading for each. Not very accurate but it works as an indicator of AC power presence for me, so far.

IMG_20220801_075948063_HDR.jpg

97 Dynasty, has hinged door on passenger side, screwed down, eary to remove screw and open door exposing tanks.

After opening door, looks just like Rocketman's photo posted earlier.

Used existing wiring from tanks to interior panel.

Replaced old analog voltmeter with digital voltmeter while updating to Sea-Level.

IMG_2154.JPG

Once again I am so grateful to our group and appreciate the willingness to share the knowledge and experiences to help one another.                       Ivan's response has shown me options for installing a SeeLevel system which I had not  considered. Thanks 

Changing the tank monitor to See Level is complete. Many thanks to all who contributed. Routing the sensor wire across the top of the tanks was easy following the water pipes for the washing machine. The 2000 Diplomat wiring diagrams were valuable in determining which sensors wires could be repurposed and avoided having to pull wires through the wall. See Level support was also very helpful.

IMG_0620.JPG