Dash warning light on my 2000 Monaco Executive with ISM500 and Allison world transmission.

Go to solution Solved by Texomaman73,

Hello all,

I started my MH and the warning light on the dash is on.  The check transmission light is not coming on and the coolant level is good as is the oil level.  Drove MH from storage to my house (10 miles) and everything seems to working fine.  

Does anyone know what this warning light is about?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

warning-light.jpg

Get it looked at, or hook up a scanner yourself if nothing obvious.  Better safe than sorry. 

I believe it’s usually related to engine temperature.  That was the case for me.  I sure wish that light was hooked up to a buzzer.  I caused some significant damage and quite a headache due to not noticing it on the highway.  Worse yet, I can’t even get the part from Cummins to fix it.  No aftermarket available either. 

The MoHo doesn’t go far as of late due to this and Cummins thinks maybe next year sometime they will have parts in stock.  

• Thanks 1

That Warning Light can have a myriad of reasons for it coming on. Have someone read the codes to find out exactly what the problem that is causing it to light up. OR it could simply be a failed sensor.

For my previous 2002 Windsor and my 2006 Dynasty, here is the explanation. "Indicates an out-of-range condition exists within the engine protection circuits. Stop coach, check all fluid levels."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Texomaman73 said:

Hello all,

I started my MH and the warning light on the dash is on.  The check transmission light is not coming on and the coolant level is good as is the oil level.  Drove MH from storage to my house (10 miles) and everything seems to working fine.  

Does anyone know what this warning light is about?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

warning-light.jpg

I tried to download your owner's manual.  Not online.  READ THE MANUAL and see WHEN and WHY that light comes one.

OK....wild stab, you need FUEL.  Your Fuel Gage is in the RED.  That WARNING light might mean to "Check things out" and be tied to many items.

I would do some reading and put some fuel in before I headed off to a shop....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

I tried to download your owner's manual.  Not online.  READ THE MANUAL and see WHEN and WHY that light comes one.

OK....wild stab, you need FUEL.  Your Fuel Gage is in the RED.  That WARNING light might mean to "Check things out" and be tied to many items.

I would do some reading and put some fuel in before I headed off to a shop....

When I took the picture, the MH was on a hill and the fuel gauge read in the red, but on level ground there was a little over half a tank, but I will fill the tank this morning in case you are right..  Richard, I agree that it should have been filled before I put it in storage

• Thanks 1

I have the check engine light on a lot. Comes and goes. I had the codes read and the only thing that came up was coolant level low. Coolant was well within range. Probably need a new sensor but I constantly check all my gauges. 

• Thanks 1

For the cost of having a shop read your codes you could look at investing in a monitoring system that might give you the information.  There are several options for this, I use a Silverleaf VMSpc which you can buy for ~$375.  Scangage is another,  Bluefire is another. 

My Silverleaf will provide fault code info, from there I can go to Cummins Quickserve and look up the fault code and get all the info I need to troubleshoot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

That Warning Light can have a myriad of reasons for it coming on. Have someone read the codes to find out exactly what the problem that is causing it to light up. OR it could simply be a failed sensor.

For my previous 2002 Windsor and my 2006 Dynasty, here is the explanation. "Indicates an out-of-range condition exists within the engine protection circuits. Stop coach, check all fluid levels."

The 2001 Executive manual says the exact same thing.

Monaco RV Service & Repairs - Monaco Coach

• Thanks 1

I had the warning light come on once with our 2000 ISM. It stayed on for maybe 300 miles on that day going home. I could not find a reason for it while on the road. Few days later I hooked a scanner to it and the light was gone, no codes. Nothing in history for it so not engine related. To this day I don't know why and it was years ago and never happened again. If you ever go around Lavon TX, I could hook Insite to it to check it out, guessing you are around Texoma.

• Thanks 1

I suspect that many intermittent faults of suspicious validity don't last long enough to meet the requirements to be logged. The warning light is going to come on however is not reset. Nice if a trip to the shop just to make sure everything is ok wasn't so expensive these days.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gary Cole said:

I suspect that many intermittent faults of suspicious validity don't last long enough to meet the requirements to be logged. The warning light is going to come on however is not reset. Nice if a trip to the shop just to make sure everything is ok wasn't so expensive these days.

Yup $200/hour for shop time goes a long way to try and fix/repair things myself.

• Thanks 1

• Solution
21 hours ago, Ivan K said:

I had the warning light come on once with our 2000 ISM. It stayed on for maybe 300 miles on that day going home. I could not find a reason for it while on the road. Few days later I hooked a scanner to it and the light was gone, no codes. Nothing in history for it so not engine related. To this day I don't know why and it was years ago and never happened again. If you ever go around Lavon TX, I could hook Insite to it to check it out, guessing you are around Texoma.

I think I found out what the problem was and it could possibly explain what happened to you also. 

My MH was in a storage building that does not have electricity and I go out there every month to run it for about an hour to keep the batteries charged up and everything lubricated.  The last time I went out to run it I had trouble starting it and had to use the battery boost to get it to start,  I had it scheduled to go in for some body work in Dallas yesterday so the day before I went to bring it to the house so it would be closer and I could remove what I didn't want going to repair shop and we had to jump it.  I plugged in to 50 amp service at my friends shop and let it charge all night.  When I went to start it yesterday morning, it fired right up and there was no warning light.  Drove it 250 miles to Dallas and it purred like a kitten.  

Thanks everyone for all the help, you all are great!  

Jeff

The dash WARNING light has been on for 5 years now on my '03 Executive. Thoroughly gone over by Cummins (sure) and by Masey Diesel in Phoenix. All systems nominal. $1500 poorer and the light is still on. I have the same entry in my manual as Dr4Film and it is just so horribly vague it is not possible to trace.  

I guess as long as she runs she runs. 

Ken