Valve Leak - What is this?

The pictured valve is leaking in the middle. I need help with what type of valve this is & where to purchase a replacement.

Thanks in advance

larry rv 1.jpg

larry rv 2.jpg

larry rv 3.jpg

larry rv 4.jpg

about the leaking valve,  sorry left off info.  2008 diplomat skq.  the valve is on the front air tank.

That is a Pressure Protection Valve (PPV).  I replaced my with World American Part No. WAKN31000.  But where is it leaking?  At the airline connection?   Tank Connection? Or is the PPV what's leaking?  Spray some soapy water on it to see where it is leaking.

Edited by Bill R
  • Like 1

Looks like the fitting is leaking where it threads into the tank. Doubt you can get a full turn so remove the airlines… push in on the ring, remove fitting, put Teflon tape on threads, and put back in. 

Its leaking air. Its not leaking where it threads into tank. Looking at it, there are 3 sections-the top 2 parts are round and the bottom 6 sided like a nut. Its leaking between the second and third section.( used soapy water to find leak).

Like previous members have said, it's a pressure protection valve (PPV).

When you replace it, rotate it 180deg. It's facing the wrong way.

There's probably a small drain hole at the top. Should be at the bottom.

Edited by 96 EVO
  • Like 1

Based on the picture this must be your front tank.  Each hose/tube is color coded to tell what it is for.  I have a diagram for the air systems on Dynasty and Windsor, it is slightly different then yours but I think Monaco standardized.  The large Red tube is for the brake pedal, the small blue is for air horn, the green is sprning relay, the silver is to rear tank, and next to it is a blue which is the emergency brake.    I looked in the files section and I did not find it but it might be in a folder that I didn't check, so I attached a copy of what I had.  Not sure where I got it but it is pretty darn close to my air system and most of the parts are the same.  Here's a post I did when I worked on mine. 

First thing I did was make a set of 6 ramps so I could completely drain the air system and not have work under the rig relying on the jacks. 

Based on the color coding I "THINK" the valve you are trying to source is a Pressure Protection Valve but it does not look like the ones I replace.  I replaced all my PPV's in 2021 along with some other components on the air system.  Each one had information stamped on it, enough to be able to order replacement, some of them were hard to read until I took the part off and cleaned it. 

Best advice I can give you it to remove it and take it to a larger truck repair shop, 

AIR SYSTEM Dynasty and Windsor.pdf

yes, it is the front air tank. In the last pic it is the valve to the left-with 2 lines coming out of it-a dirty blue one comes in vertically from the top, and black one vertically from bottom. So it is a pressure protection valve?  Would I look for one at a big truck repair center, are these made to handle a specific air pressure?   I couldn't find a name on it but there was a number 5007(I think)on it.

3 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Based on the picture this must be your front tank.  Each hose/tube is color coded to tell what it is for.  I have a diagram for the air systems on Dynasty and Windsor, it is slightly different then yours but I think Monaco standardized.  The large Red tube is for the brake pedal, the small blue is for air horn, the green is sprning relay, the silver is to rear tank, and next to it is a blue which is the emergency brake.    I looked in the files section and I did not find it but it might be in a folder that I didn't check, so I attached a copy of what I had.  Not sure where I got it but it is pretty darn close to my air system and most of the parts are the same.  Here's a post I did when I worked on mine. 

First thing I did was make a set of 6 ramps so I could completely drain the air system and not have work under the rig relying on the jacks. 

Based on the color coding I "THINK" the valve you are trying to source is a Pressure Protection Valve but it does not look like the ones I replace.  I replaced all my PPV's in 2021 along with some other components on the air system.  Each one had information stamped on it, enough to be able to order replacement, some of them were hard to read until I took the part off and cleaned it. 

Best advice I can give you it to remove it and take it to a larger truck repair shop, 

AIR SYSTEM Dynasty and Windsor.pdf 1007.51 kB · 13 downloads

Thanks for sharing this Air System doc Jim, good info.

Bill