Triple AAA Premier Towing. 43 FT MH’s ? OTHER suggestions….

Me thinks you should ask that question directly to AAA.

I have had Coach-Net for over 13 years with three different tows from as little as 10 miles to well over 200 miles where they had to bring two separate tow trucks. One for the coach and one for the 30 foot cargo trailer.

I only had to sign the tow request form after each tow.

I have had them also do a bunch of trailer tire change outs and battery jumps.

I have no complaints with Coach-Net however I haven't had to use recently so I don't know if things have changed.

My last trouble call was last year for a battery jump for my car.

Please read their latest policy change effective February 2022.  We had AAA for over 20 years carrying the best RV coverage because we've always owned 42 or 45' Monaco Signatures, however last time we needed a tow, they would tow but only reimburse us $500 and the tow was 18 miles at $999. Consequently we no longer have AAA, just an FYI.

I have had AAA for over 30 years.  I had the RV +++ or whatever the call the top tier coverage.  The first time was when I was run off the road.  The State Patrol called the towing company and they sent two Class 8 tow trucks.  Since the operation was just to get me out of a ditch, and I was on so sever a slope that I had to crawl out the drivers window because the door was hitting the ground.  Everyone was amazed it did not roll.  On truck was connected just to keep me from rolling down the ditch, while the other pulled me out.  The damage was minimal (as far as driving) and I was NOT towed, but drove to the Towing companies lot where I purchased and rigged a turn signal to replace the damaged one.  This company did not accept AAA, nor was AAA called (there was no cell phone service, and the State Patrol Officer had to drive 4 miles just to get radio contact.  I presented the bill to AAA and denied it since there was no Towing.  It was considered "Recovery" which they don't cover, unless a tow in also required.

The second time was to inflate a tire that had gone flat and the bead had come off the rim.  AAA said they would have to tow it to a tire store.  They called back and said the only Class 8 Tow truck was 250 miles away, and wouldn't be available for 3 days.  I told them that all it needed was a mobile tire repair guy but they told me they don't have anyone that can do that under contract.  Now this was in Denver, CO, not some tiny town 100's miles from civilization.  I called a tow company, and the came, removed the inner dual, reseated the tire, inflated, and reinstalled for about $100. I presented the bill to AAA who declined it saying I didn't get prior approval.  After escalating to higher management, they finally paid and I quit the expensive RV +++ towing.  I still have the basic AAA for my other vehicles, and am reasonably happy with their service on cars.  I switched to FMCA, but have yet to use it.  I got a notice for renewal (I've had it for 5 -6 years) and tried to find out my renewal date.  FMCA couldn't help.  They have nothing to do with the Roadside Assist other than to advertise and get a discount (?) for members.  It's more like their tire purchase program.  I'm not happy with the lack of website (it goes by another name - I don't remember - who farms out insurance to lots of groups).  I'll be seriously considering CoachNET when this policy expires (next year - they wanted me to renew 6-months early).

Others experience may vary.  I think AAA in general is okay, but they don't have contracts with many Class 8 Towing facilities.  Only 3 within 5-miles of Denver.  

-Rick N.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Triple AAA Premier Towing. 43 FT MH’s ? OTHER suggestions….

Coach net is only a sales force. Their repair warranty claims are handled by a company that manages these contracts for several sellers of these products. That said, I have coach net and recently had a claim on my Foretravel. I had to remind them that I had bought the  premium product. Then they were very nice to deal with. I was at the HWH factory for service on the active air. Those folks were great to deal with. They fixed everything spending two long days. Very reasonable charges and mostly were  concerned for our comfort as we camped inside their facility. That combined with the coverage of my Coach net policy made be happy to pay the charges and submit myself to Coach net. HWH does not accept payment from any warranty co.

1 hour ago, bpperk said:

Coach net is only a sales force. Their repair warranty claims are handled by a company that manages these contracts for several sellers of these products. That said, I have coach net and recently had a claim on my Foretravel. I had to remind them that I had bought the  premium product. Then they were very nice to deal with. I was at the HWH factory for service on the active air. Those folks were great to deal with. They fixed everything spending two long days. Very reasonable charges and mostly were  concerned for our comfort as we camped inside their facility. That combined with the coverage of my Coach net policy made be happy to pay the charges and submit myself to Coach net. HWH does not accept payment from any warranty co.

How did CoachNet pay four you HWH bill?  Do they offer an extended warranty with their premium product? 

- Rick N 

@waterskier_1 Rick, Coach-Net has been offering a variety of products for many years now, not just Emergency Roadside Service.

Brad obviously has their RV Protect aka "Extended Service Warranty" that he is speaking about in his post, NOT the ERS aka 24/7 Protect that others are referring to.

Also, Brad is incorrect by stating that they are just a "sales force". When you call the ERS, trust me, you are NOT taking to a salesperson. You are connected to a person working in the ERS department who will first ask you if you are in a SAFE location then will take your information and get you in contact with a dispatch person to arrange whatever you need to get you back on the road. If you are calling about having a repair done, trust me they won't first ask if your are parked in a safe location first.

If you go to the Coach-Net website below, they list the products that they offer to RVer's such as Roadside Service aka 24/7 Protect, Tire & Wheel aka Hazard Protect, Service Agreement aka RV Protect, Paint & Fabric Protection aka Finish Protect and Gap Coverage aka Asset Protect.

https://coach-net.com/coach-net-membership/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mschfmkrs1 said:

Please read their latest policy change effective February 2022.  We had AAA for over 20 years carrying the best RV coverage because we've always owned 42 or 45' Monaco Signatures, however last time we needed a tow, they would tow but only reimburse us $500 and the tow was 18 miles at $999. Consequently we no longer have AAA, just an FYI.

I was concerned, I am a similar policy with AAA for 46 yearsMembershipTermsandConditions_AAAp10.thumb.jpg.ff272d2d0f9011e55020203bb4e68415.jpg.  It appears that AAA RV Towing policy is conditional on the region the policyholder lives in.  In my case; California.  My policy shows I am covered for a 200 mile tow.

Don,

I have had the FMCA sponsored "RV Roadside Assistance Unlimited" since 2020.  I used this assistance for the first time last month and was very impressed:

Date of incident: October 30th (Sunday)

- My TPMS alarm sounded due to rapid deflation of my rear drivers side outer tire on my tandem axle

- I pulled off the interstate and entered the first parking lot to prevent destruction of my drivers side inner tire on my tandem axle as it was now heavily overloaded

- I contacted the Roadside assistance service and they started the case to dispatch a local mobile repair service

- The roadside assistance service followed up with me within 20 minutes since my initial call to indicate that the local mobile repair service did not have my tire in stock.  The roadside assistance then offer a tow free of charge to the nearest truck repair facility free of charge.

Here are the key take-aways that I learned from this incident regarding FMCA roadside assistance:

- They answered the phone immediately on a Sunday afternoon

- They attempted to dispatch a local mobile repair service, covering the cost of the mobile repair service call which is typically $200-$300

- I would be responsible only for the actual tire repair or replacement cost, not the mobile service call cost

- Since the local mobile repair service did not have my tire in stock, they paid for towing my RV ~40 miles to a Truck repair shop that did have my tire in stock

Towing a Class A RV 40 miles free of charge to replace a tire is a tremendous value.  I was very impressed with their dedication to get me back on the road as soon as possible.

If you would like to lear more, here are the details:

https://www.fmca.com/fmca-rv-roadside-assistance

I had a tow in September from a truck stop 45 miles away to my home that cost $1,655.  *THEN* I got CoachNet. 

That's the first tow in 10 yrs of Class A RV'ing.  At $250 / yr I'm still ahead of the game, but not gonna push my luck. 

- bob

• Like 1

I have AAA with RV and needed a short tow to a service shop in Sioux Falls S.D. I called and described my situation and told them I had a 43 foot class A, she asked how many wheels were on the motorhome. Eight I say and she said that they will only tow vehicles with up to six wheels. I still keep AAA but only for cars.

I have always used Good Sam roadside assist.  They have been absolutely 1st class.  No problem towing my rig using massive tow truck and a pickup truck to tow my dolly approx 60 miles. On another occasion they sent a mobile tire repair truck to my home to fix a leaking tire valve.

Best bet is to call AAA but get a supervisor and a name to go with it. A tag 43 or 45' coach will need to be flat bedded to any facility. Most AAA contractors don't offer that service. This means they'll come out and remove the drive shaft, then hook up your rig from the front and drag the tag all the way to the repair facility. Your coach manual specifically addresses this....Dennis

r