HWH Information Needed

Go to solution Solved by veraken,

Do any of the members here know the part # for the HWH 6-Pack Air Manifold for the rear and front 6-Packs?

Is there a separate air manifold for the Tag Axle?

I have the HWH-2000 Air Leveling System with a Tag Axle.

Thanks so much for your help!

I don't know the part numbers but yes, there is a third manifold for the tag. The manifolds should have different number of pressure sensors so I suspect a couple of different part numbers but not sure about that. Mine are still in good shape so did not need to find out.

My reason for the part number is to get a used 6-Pack, rebuild it on my bench, then swap it out with the rear one. Then rebuild that one to swap it out with the one in the front.

The tag one I can rebuild it without removing it.

• Like 1

This may be a question for AZ Pete.  

I'm afraid a new 6-pack price would be in the thousands!

The internal o-ring is a -019 size, the large one on the bottom is a -028 and the small one on the bottom is a -015.  Mike Canter suggests you upgrade to Dupont Viton o-rings.  

• Like 1

I pulled mine out when rebuilding. Those rear ones are a bear to get to to remove. Not a job for folks that are not somewhat fit. When reinstalling I trimmed each air line 1/4” or so they have a fresh hose to seal with the fitting. One other thing, I have to resurface the face on my manifold by lightly milling them as there was a good amount of corrosion and I was afraid that some prongs may not get a proper seal.

Richard,

If you’re going to rebuild the spare one on the bench then swap, why not just remove yours, rebuild and reinstall? 

Best of luck with it. Not a fun job.

Richard,

Didn’t know if you saw this or not.  Not real definitive but it’s all I could find for manifold part numbers. Just scroll towards bottom of page to see breakouts.  I only found one “manifold” page and all the coils or valve kits are the same numbers…

(Forgot if I can post links to web pages… so I left off)…I googled HWH parts list and found a live page with links.  
then selected “air control units”.  I never did see a breakdown of specific model units.

• Solution

Suggest you contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member of that forum and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others, including me,  and I am sure he can help you.

• Thanks 1

Richard

I’m about read to rebuild the air valves on each 6 pac on my 04 Camelot. I wasn’t planning on removing the manifold. Guess it depends on how good or bad it looks. My question is where did you get the spare coils?  I checked with HWH and they want over $100 bucks for each one. The guy I talked to didn’t know what the resistance each coil should be. I’ve heard 10 or 15 ohms. The spare I have measures 11 ohms. I guess I could do a voltage check to see if the coil activates the air valve. 

On my coach. Rebuilding the manifolds (oring replacement) would have been very tough in place. I also wanted to trim the air lines so they got a fresh bite on the fittings since I found a couple that were slightly leaking.
     If you have resistance across the coil it should be good. They are usually the reason for valve failure. 

1 hour ago, NAMVET77 said:

Richard

I’m about read to rebuild the air valves on each 6 pac on my 04 Camelot. I wasn’t planning on removing the manifold. Guess it depends on how good or bad it looks. My question is where did you get the spare coils?  I checked with HWH and they want over $100 bucks for each one. The guy I talked to didn’t know what the resistance each coil should be. I’ve heard 10 or 15 ohms. The spare I have measures 11 ohms. I guess I could do a voltage check to see if the coil activates the air valve. 

NWrvsupply is another source for coils.

2 hours ago, NAMVET77 said:

Richard

@NAMVET77 Don,

I had purchased a package from one of our members here when he advertised it in the classifieds. It included two new complete solenoid valves plus multiple packages of the required o-rings for rebuilding. I scarfed it up quickly knowing the project I had ahead of me.

Some time back I saw a posting where a member listed a new coil that would work on the HWH valves. I have kept that information just in case I needed it.

Here are the Amazon links to that coil.

http://tinyurl.com/2bzcfe59

http://tinyurl.com/ypjt8z6d

I have not ordered any of these so I cannot confirm that they do work as a replacement.

Obviously, you would need to replace the connector with the one from HWH to make it work.

Edited by Dr4Film

3 hours ago, NAMVET77 said:

The guy I talked to didn’t know what the resistance each coil should be. I’ve heard 10 or 15 ohms. The spare I have measures 11 ohms. I guess I could do a voltage check to see if the coil activates the air valve. 

Your 11 ohms solenoid would work just fine. I have one at 10 ohm.

In recent past I snatched few old stock rebuild kits that fit the HWH valve plunger, not exactly the same but they fit and work. Not enough of them to rebuild all 18 of mine but they each came with a little nut looking adapter, to remove the stem of the HWH valve easily. I like that it simply needs a wrench or deep socket to replace the plunger even on the road without disturbing the 2 main orings, even in the tight squeeze under the bus. I have few of those adapters to share if it helps someone.

IMG_20231118_155409939.jpg

Ivan,

I'm about to rebuild all the air valves on both 6 pacs.  I would like to have one of the nut adapters.  My email is hikenbike77@gmail.com.  I will gladly pay for the shipping.  Thanks.

Don

35 minutes ago, NAMVET77 said:

Ivan,

I'm about to rebuild all the air valves on both 6 pacs.  I would like to have one of the nut adapters.  My email is hikenbike77@gmail.com.  I will gladly pay for the shipping.  Thanks.

Don

Don, sent you a PM, just reply with your address.