2003 Signature Centurion passenger side listing - Air or Air Bag issues>

The whole passenger side is leaning or listing about 4-6 inches. I think its either anair leak feeding all the airbags on the passenger side OR all the airbags started leaking all at once, which seems unlikely. 
To note: I have airbag leveling system. 
See pictures and note ground clearance. 

IMG_1727.jpeg

IMG_1726.jpeg

IMG_1725.jpeg

IMG_1724.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Mine has done this as well from time to time.  Mine corrects when I start it up and move it.  I'll be watching for responses. 

Just Jim, mine corrects itself as well but I think thats because the air is fed continuously into the bags after the coach reaches full air. But it still should look the same when powered down. 

How long after you shut the engine off does it stay level?

You can lower it down on the air springs prior or just after shutting it off.  

You need to build some 2" x 10" boards screwed together staggered about three or four boards high.  Drive up onto these so you can safely get under the coach.  Then start looking for leaks.  A spray bottle of soapy water or one of the sonic detectors will help.  You probably have one major leak and dozens of very small ones.  Check the 6-packs (six air solenoids ganged together) both front and rear as well as all the air solenoids.  

Good luck!

A few comments. 1) Always park with the steer wheels straight ahead, NEVER turned.  If the front air bags lose air the tires could damage the side fiberglass.  2) When parked, the two drive axle air bags and the associated side tag air bags on the same side are connected together via the HWH or Power Gear air valve leveling system.  A control valve leak, air line leak or airbag leak would cause that side to lose air and the coach to lean.  This will also twist the coach because that side up front will have a lot more weight on the 2 steer axle air bags.  Get the leak fixed and dump airbags until it's fixed so the chassis doesn't twist.

• Like 5

Vito. Thanks! Uggg, sounds like a lot of work for someone who can’t bend over (military injury). Sounds expensive to repair. Anyone know someone who can repair in the DC/NOVA area?

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2003 Signature Centurion passenger side listing - Air or Air Bag issues>

To me it looks like a leak at the passenger drive axle bags, lines or either valve. Tag bags are isolated from drives by a separate sixpack and a leak at tag would not cause this much leaning. Definitely correct your front tires direction as Frank pointed out, before you crack the fender. And it does not have to be an expensive fix, worst case a new airbag, everything else is cheaper, at least in parts cost.

• Like 1

Keith,  Before you start tearing into hardware have you done a system reset?  You should have a reset button possibly in your front run bay that'll do sort of a 'soft' reset or you can hold down the level button for 5 or 10 sec and that will do a 'hard' reset.  I've had to do that on occasion.  At least get that out of the way first before you proceed on.  Also, after you leveled your coach did you leave the HWH system on so the auto-level will stay activated.  I've also had to educate the guys about how to make sure the system stayed activated when they've pulled it inside.  And as a side note, always follow what Frank said about making sure your front tires are straight whenever you park it anywhere or you're exposing yourself to wheel well/fender damage.  Same goes for making sure you are aired up, and at RIDE HEIGHT before you make any turning of your steering wheel.  Don't ask me how I know.  I do know that mistake gets expensive, unfortunately.

Edited by Mike H

I'm going through this with my 16 HR Scepter, finding all the push connectors on the air lines are leaking.  A spray bottle with soapy water and a flashlight will tell you where the problems are if you want to crawl up under it and take a look.  Easy to fix if you don't mind working in tight quarters.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the exact same issue with 2003 roadmaster. Leaned so bad that the fridge would not cool on gas. Replaced all 10 air bags and shocks and problem solved. Handles and rides great now. You can only ask so much from a 21 year old air bag.