high temp lubricant

I have been lubricating my exhaust break with regular silicon spray.  I'm being told I should be using high temp silicon spray.  I can not find any high temp spray of any kind in the auto parts stores or on line.  So, what is everyone using to keep the exhaust break working properly?  So far I haven't had a problem but, if I need to change my way of lubricating the exhaust break assembly I need to know what to use.  Any thoughts out there?

Don

Many years back Fred White (RIP) a co-owner of this forum, had contacted PacBrake to specifically ask about lubricants for servicing the PacBrake. He asked if Tri-Flow was OK to use and they said that it would be a good one to use. I have been using that on my PacBrake ever since as he was also.

I lubricate it according to their diagram and based on Fred's recommendation I installed a switch on the plate that holds the PacBrake relay so I can activate the PacBrake manually while lubricating it. You just have to make sure that the supply tanks are full of air.

Plus you have to remove the air line to squirt lubricant directly into the cylinder air line port to lubricate the inside.

I have attached the diagrams for the basic PacBrake and also the PRXB PacBrake which I have on my engine that includes an additional lubrication point.

PacBrake Lube Points-800x800_0.jpg

lube_points_2.jpg

I have to say in regards to what Dr4film states about using the "Tri flow" though I have not known until now about lubing the pac brake I have used the Tri flow on soooo many wear parts for years and it does a AWSOME job on everything I use it on. Even as a professional mechanic the shop I worked for would NOT supply it so I would purchase cans of it out of my own pocket to use when I had a special job that I wanted done right with NO comebacks! My only beef with it is it is such a slippery lubricant that the spray tip once used will seep until can becomes empty.

33 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Had heard good reviews on 'Tri-Flow', so when I ran out of penetrating oil last year, figured I'd try it.

Product worked fine. Can stopped operating with about 1/3 used!

Won't be buying more! 

You can buy it in a squeeze bottle, that's what I do now. I had that happen number of times with different products so I feel your frustration. 

• Like 1

Well I liked the mouse milk comment, but what about high temp greases? http://www.omscllc.com/high-temperature-greases/
My manual says that the PAC brake is pretty much indestructible and doesn’t really need much attention. I’ve done 45k miles and never touched it.