Intellitec Support - CPU and Keypad backups and restores

7 hours ago, Clayton Richardson said:

I am new to responding to these topics, but am interested in the Intellitec support.  I am having some issues with the up / down buttons that operate the ceiling TV lift. Hope I am doing this right.

Clayton Richardson, 1606 South Montgomery street, Starkville, Ms. 

Hi Clayton,

Ours is a little slow to respond too but has always worked after a couple seconds.. I have not dug in to see why, but will do and let you know what I find.

Paul

4 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Hi Clayton, Ours is a little slow to respond too but has always worked after a couple seconds.. I have not dug in to see why, but will do and let you know what I find. Paul

The later model coaches, 2006 or 2007 and later had a Lift It TV lift.  I think the delay comes from the Lift It control box.  I do not know about the earlier version.  I have had key pads that had dirty contacts which required more pressure pushing on the switch.  On the subject of the Lift It control box, I have had a few times it "froze" and was unresponsive requiring me to manually lower the TV as the control was above the windshield.  I moved it to a different cabinet to allow access.  Normally unplugging the 120VAC line and reconnecting cured it.  That happened with two controllers.

Possibly the delay is due to the distance the signal travels from the front switch to the rear CPU and back to the controller and on to the Lift? :classic_unsure: :classic_biggrin:

I wonder how many folks with multiplexing are aware that many of the 4 button keypads have 6 switches.  Simply replacing the face and buttons with 6 place face & buttons turns it into a 6 button keypad, once programmed.  Availability of parts is the problem.

Edited by Hypoxia

We never raise our TV all the way up into the ceiling. If it gets warm it won’t come down until the AC‘s been on for a while and cools off. I’m assuming it’s a heat related issue. We leave it down about 2 inches and it never fails to operate. But if we put it all the way up and it gets warm it won’t come down until it cools off.

• 5 weeks later...

Paul, please put me down for one as well. I do not have any backups and have a failed switch pod. We typically don't roll through OH to visit M&M so we have had a failed switch pod for several months.

I am also interested in the KingKong CCM (my word for it) for anything to help us with that system.

Brett

BTW, where are you located, we may be rolling by you sometime....lol

Hi Brett,

I am finalizing the instructions and the tools to make removing the keypad covers easier. I want to make it as easy as possible for users.

The kit will allow you to backup and restore your main CPU and your keypads. You will also be able to change which functions are on each key on the keypads, so if you have a spare key position, you can assign a function to it.

Changing the programming within the CPU is not typically possible for end users, but is available from resellers.

The keypads in our coaches were specific to Monaco and are no longer available. Other Intellitec PMC keypads will function, but will look different and may need you to enlarge the hole the keypad is mounted in.

I am located in Woodstock, GA, a northern suburb of Atlanta.

We have a trip planned to go to Chicago in late July.

Paul

14 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Hi Brett,

I am finalizing the instructions and the tools to make removing the keypad covers easier. I want to make it as easy as possible for users.

The kit will allow you to backup and restore your main CPU and your keypads. You will also be able to change which functions are on each key on the keypads, so if you have a spare key position, you can assign a function to it.

Changing the programming within the CPU is not typically possible for end users, but is available from resellers.

The keypads in our coaches were specific to Monaco and are no longer available. Other Intellitec PMC keypads will function, but will look different and may need you to enlarge the hole the keypad is mounted in.

I am located in Woodstock, GA, a northern suburb of Atlanta.

We have a trip planned to go to Chicago in late July.

Paul

WOW....keep at it. This is great....

To follow up on a previous comment I made.  I replaced all of the 4 button switch pad faces with 6 button faces.  The 4 button switch pads have 6 switches and can be used either way by simply replacing the plastic face.  I had M&M program additional functions on each switch pad.  When Paul is up to speed on his new venture I hope to add more features.

A0B16424-16D7-4794-9DDE-608D3A71AA84.jpeg

Hi Jim,

It was great that you were able to get some of those keypad plastics. They are specific to Monaco and not available from Intellitec any longer.

You will be able to change the functions assigned to each button and add new functions to previously unused buttons.

Paul

On 6/7/2021 at 5:34 PM, pwhittle said:

Hi Jim,

It was great that you were able to get some of those keypad plastics. They are specific to Monaco and not available from Intellitec any longer.

You will be able to change the functions assigned to each button and add new functions to previously unused buttons.

Paul

Paul, have you thought about 3D printing the 6-button covers?  If you do you can put me down for a couple.  I also have a "wide" 6-button panel that's as wide as my 10 button panels; wondering if there are working switches are in the empty positions on those too.

I have looked into it. The black part is a tricky shape to print, but the real challenge is the clear plastic which is what deteriorates more. That would be very difficult to 3D print and be functional.

There are some 10 button panels that only have 6 buttons, plus 4 more inputs from regular switches.

There is a second 6-pin connector on the back of the PCB. Perhaps yours are like that.

Paul

image.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

Sorry for not completing this. My job has been keeping me very busy and I have just not had enough time to complete this project to be ready to sell the Intellitec programmers with the necessary instructions and support to make it easy to do yourself.

We are planning to be at the Gathering in February 2022, and will be available to make backups of your Intellitec CPU, which is the most important thing to have done.

Backing up the keypads takes a lot longer and the keypads are fairly easy to program from scratch, unlike the main CPU which could take a lot of time to recreate. I will be available to do that too, but it will take more time.

Anyone that has used me to create the backup will also get free programming in the future if you need it for a CPU or a keypad.

Paul

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2021 at 11:41 PM, pwhittle said:

Hi All,

Sorry for not completing this. My job has been keeping me very busy and I have just not had enough time to complete this project to be ready to sell the Intellitec programmers with the necessary instructions and support to make it easy to do yourself.

We are planning to be at the Gathering in February 2022, and will be available to make backups of your Intellitec CPU, which is the most important thing to have done.

Backing up the keypads takes a lot longer and the keypads are fairly easy to program from scratch, unlike the main CPU which could take a lot of time to recreate. I will be available to do that too, but it will take more time.

Anyone that has used me to create the backup will also get free programming in the future if you need it for a CPU or a keypad.

Paul

Paul, can you put me down for backups at the Feb gathering please. I have a 4 button that is non functioning that I would like to get a replacement for and program if I can find one.

I am still having Kongsberg CCM issues that I am dealing with to not much avail.

• 1 month later...

Paul, I just purchased my 06 Monaco in December and would like to get my system backed up. I would be interested in buying your system or driving somewhere to get it done. I live in Georgia so I’m not sure where you are or where I could get the backup done. My system is working fine but I don’t want to put it off until something goes wrong.

Hi Mike,

I am in Woodstock, GA.

Bring your coach up one day, and we will back it up for you. Im currently down at the Gathering in Seffner, but I’ll be home this week.

My cell phone is in my profile. 

Paul

On 12/25/2021 at 7:08 AM, Dr4Film said:

Paul, I would like to be on that list also. I won't have our new 2006 Dynasty coach back to Florida until late February or March though.

Thanks for focusing on some really important issues for us Monacoers.

Richard, I see you are getting the same coach that I just purchased. Bought it in Florida from a private seller just before Christmas. We really love this layout and love the way this thing drives and handles. My previous motorhome I thought drove ok but when I drove this for the first time it was like night and day. My older Freightliner chassis felt top heavy when going around long bends in the road or turning corners but not the this thing it handles so much better. I don’t know if it’s the tag or the air bags being out further from the middle but it’s fantastic on the road. 

Bought it Melbourne Fla. This is a few pictures of it when i picked it up from the seller. It had a motorcycle lift on the back which i removed and sold. And also to Paul yes I will find some time soon to come to Woodstock to get my system backed up. I will get in touch with you soon.

IMG_8916.JPEG

IMG_8915.JPEG

IMG_8914.JPEG

Mike,

I was the first one to look at that coach when he had it setup at a local county park campsite. I spent a little less than one hour there going through it. He had it priced low enough to sell quickly but there were some things lacking with the coach that I absolutely wanted in the Dynasty, so I passed. He did say that he had another person coming to inspect the coach. Possibly that was you!

Good luck with your new coach and safe travels.