Intellitec Support - CPU and Keypad backups and restores

Hi All,

I see a lot of people on this and other forums that are not having an easy time getting support for their Intellitec questions and issues.

Along with others on this forum, I have gained a pretty good understanding of how the Intellitec system works on our 2005 Monaco Signature and how to backup and restore the main CPU and the keypads.

I reached out to Intellitec about becoming an official Intellitec reseller, and they welcomed me! I can now order direct from Intellitec for any Intellitec parts that you may need.

One of the important things that all owners with Intellitec Multiplex systems should do is to make a backup of their main CPU as well as each of their keypads. If the main CPU or a keypad develops a fault, you want to have the data to program a replacement. If you do not, it becomes significantly more difficult, time consuming, and costly.

I am in the process of assembling kits that will contain the Intellitec programming adapter that works for the CPU and the keypads, a USB drive with the necessary software and to store your backups on, an instruction guide on how to make the backups, some tools to make getting the keypad covers off easier, and a way to contact me for questions and support. I do not have final pricing yet, but it is expected to be in the $400-$500 price range for the complete kit.

I will also be able to do this as a service for you if we are in the same location without buying the kit.

Let me know if this is of interest to you and I can include you in the first set of kits to go out.

Paul Whittle

• Like 5

15 hours ago, rpasetto said:

I have not been able to get the Intellitec PMC II software to run properly making a backup on anything newer than a Windows XP computer.   Paul, have you been able to do that?

Yes. I am running this on Windows 10 64-bit.

For a different project I wanted to resurrect an old parallel port EPROM programmer. I screwed around, bought a new PCI LPT port card, bought a video card for an old PC, bought an adapter for that card, and finally bought another old PC before I got it to run using a DOS boot from USB.

Nothing’s easy.

Paul

13 hours ago, Bob125 said:

I'm interested as well.  Please put me on the list. 

I'm only hoping for someone to do the same with the Kongsberg CCM.

Thx, Bob...

2009 Beaver Marquis

I would almost buy a coach with a failed Kongsberg to bring it back to life, but I would need a working one to work out what it does as I have not found any documentation on it.

More complicated than a toilet controller though.

I have a couple other projects queued up to help us keep our old rigs going too!

Paul

Edited by pwhittle
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, William said:

Paul, interested but not sure if this is necessary for my 2003 monaco windsor? 

Hi William,

I don’t think so. The Intellitec PMC Multiplex system was first introduced in the 2005 Signature, then other models in later years.

Paul

I am interested as well.. I was researching how I could get the interface up and running and have backups for the various components too.. So this is a perfect fit for me. I would feel much better having this completed "Just in Case"   

Thanks for your research so far

Bill!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Yes. I am running this on Windows 10 64-bit.

For a different project I wanted to resurrect an old parallel port EPROM programmer. I screwed around, bought a new PCI LPT port card, bought a video card for an old PC, bought an adapter for that card, and finally bought another old PC before I got it to run using a DOS boot from USB.

Nothing’s easy.

Paul

That's encouraging to hear.  Maybe the RS232 adapters I was using is the problem.  I tried an old usb-to-rs232 adapter; that didn't work on both the Thinkpads which I tried.  Then a Startech Express card.  I'll try a different card when I get the chance.  Do you recall which card you used?

It is possible to have the Intellitec 50A EMS act as the PMC Master, or add a separate PMC Master and still support some output modules and keypads.

It would be fairly straightforward to recreate/update keypads in this configuration, and no main CPU backup is required.

Paul

Thanks for the expressions of interest.

I placed my initial order with Intellitec, so we should be able to get started with the first couple of users soon. I will be looking for user feedback from the first users to improve the instructions for the rest of the users.

More info as I get the Intellitec pieces and can commit to a shipping date to users.

Paul

2 hours ago, Hypoxia said:

I have backups that M&M did but would like to make some changes to a keypad or two thus am interested.  I did watch M&M make some keypad changes, it wasn't as simple as I thought it would be.

Hi Jim,

If you already have backups, I can program/reprogram keypads,

I’ll PM you my direct contact info.

Paul

Paul I’ll let you know. Mine started acting up on our last trip. When using the generator it’s cycling through the shedding process. I need to do some troubleshooting to confirm I’m getting the generator signal to the board.  Today’s project.

On 4/30/2021 at 11:14 AM, W7BE_Bob said:

My 09 Scepter does not have a CPU and hence I was under the impression that any replacement just required dip switch settings. Is this correct?

That is correct. M M did mine at one of the gatherings. They pop off the pad cover and plug into each individual switch pad and then download the codes.  You DO need the codes for each individual pad. ODDS are that M M or someone can read the old switch and do the codes.

BUT....as a backup for you, I would suggest that you do the following...

Look at the prints, assuming you have them and SHOULD....I think they are in the files....There is a print specificially for the Intellitec modules and also the switches.

VERIFY what switches you have and the number of switches per pad. 

Make up a matrix of each switch pad.

For each switch, mark or identify the light(s) controlled. Location is sufficient...you do NOT need to know the number 

Include the three modules (two dimming and one relay output) as well.

Note the position or number of the circuit on the Modules.

You NOW, should have sufficient information for someone with the programming system and the skills to "Reprogram or configure" a new switch pad for you.

For the PUMP Modules....these are BUGGERS....  Pull each of them OUT. You will find that there are TWO pigtails for that switch module. ONE controls the PUMP.  It is NOT a Multiplex channel...it is hard wired (Soldered directly) to the contacts for the Multiplex switch. In other words...if you press it....it toggles. THAT switch pad failed on my keypad and a member made me up a new one.  WORKED GREAT. fortunately, the switch that failed was for the undercounter in the bathroom. The switch would "come on" in a phantom situation.  

If you ever have an issue with one of those, you can get a NEW keypad and have it programmed....based on the coding and lights....but might not get someone to solder and add the output.  Workaround would be to simply put in a pushbutton Momentary Contact....IN PARALLEL with the pump circuit wires. You could strip back those wires and then do a test short...

Hope this helps....

• Like 1