RV Pulls to Left

Guest azlein

Guest azlein

2005 Monaco Windsor

Problem - RV pulls to the left

Tried – Had front end alignment done (twice) and both time no improvement.  Tires are 1.5 years old.

Help – I am in Phoenix and I’m looking for a place where I can have a complete check done on suspension to solve the pull issues.  Any suggestions?

You wanna make sure your RV is level going down the road. For example mine has the auto leveling airbag system. When it is not working properly it’ll pull in one direction or the other depending on which which side is lower

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corkman said:

You wanna make sure your RV is level going down the road. For example mine has the auto leveling airbag system. When it is not working properly it’ll pull in one direction or the other depending on which which side is lower

11 minutes ago, klcdenver said:

Do you have a safety steering device added on your rig? If so it probably needs to be re-centered.

Nice catch, both is you 

• Like 1

Guest azlein

First shop said they switched the tires, not confident they actually did so will give that a try. 

I don't have any safety steering installed. 

As for the system being level, when I measure from the ground to the top of the wheel well on both sides they are equal.  Is there a better way to test this?

1 hour ago, azlein said:

As for the system being level, when I measure from the ground to the top of the wheel well on both sides they are equal.  Is there a better way to test this?

Measure between top and bottom airbag mounting plates.

Azlein, you should check the ride height, but it can’t be adjusted as shown above. The Firestone system requires the adjustment to be made with a special computer program, with laptop connected to the Firestone ecu. 
The measuring underneath is the same points, and yours should be 9 3/4”.  

Edited by David White
  • Like 1

Guest azlein

Love this site, so much help

1) Thanks for the email JDCrow, I'll contact him

2) I have never smelled anything like burning brakes but have never measured it with a temp sensor (good idea)

3) David - do you have or know where to get the software for the adjustments?

4) Only 45k miles on the coach.  Have not been excited about removing tires to check but guess it is time to adventure down that road.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tossing this in. My '03 Executive has always pulled to the right. Did all the normal things, alignment, tires, air pressure changes,etc. Finally an alignment shop told me that my rear axle is slightly off and because Roadmaster welded it on I am basically out of luck in less I want to spend huge money to have the axle reseated. The slightly off axle causes the backend to push so no amount of front end correction will remove the push. Bummer. I just deal with it 

These are the people that gave me the wonderful news: https://www.yellowpages.com/glendale-az/mip/arizona-laser-alignment-7344516

I hope you have better luck. 

On 3/29/2022 at 1:19 PM, Ivan K said:

Have you seen this guy fixing his?

https://youtu.be/FrQR7ERBtOw

That is exactly what was described to me. However finding "THAT GUY" meaning a shop that would even care to tackle the job will probably be close to impossible. The tolerances seem amazing in themselves. At least this proved to me that the alignment shop was just paying me lip service. It is a true problem with the chassis. 

Thanks for the great video find,

Ken

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grampy OG said:

That is exactly what was described to me. However finding "THAT GUY" meaning a shop that would even care to tackle the job will probably be close to impossible. The tolerances seem amazing in themselves. At least this proved to me that the alignment shop was just paying me lip service. It is a true problem with the chassis. 

Thanks for the great video find,

Ken

Josam's in Orlando does it all the time.  They will align the drive and the tag, it is one of their specialties.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 4:19 PM, Ivan K said:

Have you seen this guy fixing his?

https://youtu.be/FrQR7ERBtOw

Mike is one of my hero’s. Such a talented guy. It’s well worth checking out his thread on IRV2. Have you seen his LS motor swap on his Jeep?  So nice. I tried to get him over to this forum but he said he already follows too many. 

On 3/31/2022 at 9:49 AM, willbo777 said:

Josam's in Orlando does it all the time.  They will align the drive and the tag, it is one of their specialties.

Great info there. I am assuming though with travel from Phoenix to Orlando and back and the actual alignment fees it would probably easily be well over 5k for the fix. I am afraid that dumping that amount of money into the coach is just not a wise decision for me at this time. Anybody aware of a Phonix area shop that might do this type of work? 

Edited by Grampy OG
correct mistake