TSD Fuel Card

Just wanted to say thank you to Scotty and several others here who mentioned the TDS Logistics fuel card.

Ingrid created a separate corporate checking account that ties back to this card. We keep high balances in all of our corporate accounts for payroll and other daily expenditures and did not want this card tied to one of those accounts in the event the card was ever compromised.  I used the card at 2 Loves fuel stops last week and it worked like a charm. No need to pre pay and the transaction was smooth right at the pump. What I really liked was the discounts - 38 cents / gal for one fuel stop and 35 cents on the other. 

If anyone is interested here is the link. I highly recommend getting this card. It will save you money and pretty much painless in getting your account setup.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

Thank's again everyone,

• Like 7

We would also like to thank Scotty for introducing us to the TSD Logistics fuel card. We have used it twice at Loves and it works like a charm. We also have the TCS fuel card sponsored by the FMCA but have not used it and like the TSD card better. The main reason is that you have to pre-load money into your account with the FMCA card and there is no way we see to avoid at least a $10 dollar fee each time you add money. That and the fact that you must estimate how much money you want to tie up in the account turned me off.

Bob

• Like 1

Thanks Chris and Scotty but one question, are the discounts accurate when you pull into the station. I've seen FJ at $3.50 and other stations at $3.00 of course I go a block off course for 50 cents a gallon @60 gals but can you determine the discount before fueling to get a better idea of final cost? 

Joel, I cannot speak for anyone but myself. My travels are uniquely different as I tow an enclosed show trailer. I am 70 ft long and there is no way I can skip into a regular gas station to fill up. I have to use a truck stop and even then I have to use the truckers fuel islands.

In regards to knowing what the discount is before hand ? No. You will never know till after you pump your fuel and check your account. I have heard of discounts of up to 50 cents. Most seem to be in the 30-40 cent range. Despite our fuel being tied back to our companies in regards to tax write off's I still appreciate the discounts. While it may be a $ 20 per fill up savings that all add's up over the course of a year and a heavy travel schedule.

Thanks Chris, with kids on both coasts my round trips and local travel full time adds up. I'll continue my search to see if this could be beneficial. With that being said, can I use your email as the referral for the perks or can we some how use the Monacoers group as the referral to recoup some expended capitol.  Regards

Joel

3 hours ago, pahrump_joel said:

Thanks Chris and Scotty but one question, are the discounts accurate when you pull into the station. I've seen FJ at $3.50 and other stations at $3.00 of course I go a block off course for 50 cents a gallon @60 gals but can you determine the discount before fueling to get a better idea of final cost? 

Joel, if you download the EFS app you can see the actual net price you will pay.  TDS also publishes it daily (for members only) on the private side of their website.

We’ve been using the card for several months now and our average savings is 42 cents a gallon. Works great!

5 hours ago, pahrump_joel said:

You get the app and it Will show prices in the area you’re in. It also has a route option that works pretty well.

18 hours ago, fast72rs said:

I use their price locator. Once you subscribe, you'll have access to it. They  also publish daily price list showing the actual discounts numbers for each state and station.

IMG_2802.PNG

We use this app also and find it to be accurate. You will notice that Pilot does not give any more discount than they do with the RVPlus Card, which is 8 cents a gallon. We have not been to a Pilot since getting the TSD Logistics card. Loves consistently seems to be the best discount. TA and Petro also give better discounts with the TSD card than Pilot. Like Chris, we prefer to use the truck lanes for better maneuverability. We do use the Sam's Club at home because we know what is there. It is tight when towing our full size crew cab truck but we can squeeze our way thru. When traveling we like to fuel at truck stops that move large quantities of fuel and have a fear of getting bad fuel at mom and pops.

• Like 3

I applied for one over a month ago and have not heard from them.  I sent in another email to check status. I, too, created a separate checking account for this purpose.  

Steven P, It took a little over a month before I heard back from them and it was about another 2 weeks until we had the cards. When I first applied, I was told it would take a while as they had a lot of applications to process.

Karl, I gave them all the information they needed.

Thanks.  I emailed them Sunday and 2 of them called me back yesterday while I was working.  It should be finished this week.   

With regard to many people possibly joining in on this card wouldn't it be prudent for us to use the Monacoers group so they can benefit from the up front perks that Twista offering new members and referrals.  Thoughts from moderators? 

We've used it twice and have saved about $65 to date. We set up a separate account and load in the anticipated cost after each refueling.

We anticipate fuel stops going down the road. The copilot (DW) will look at the EFS website for the best place to refuel, usually a Loves. 

Insert the card, fuel up and if possible get a receipt. I usually take a picture of the quantity and cost at the pump.  Drive away. Processing takes a day or two. They also provide a spreadsheet to track your use and savings.

On 12/17/2019 at 12:57 PM, Joel Sheriff said:

With regard to many people possibly joining in on this card wouldn't it be prudent for us to use the Monacoers group so they can benefit from the up front perks that Twista offering new members and referrals.  Thoughts from moderators? 

I like the idea and have invited the TSD staff to look at the site and discuss with the moderators.  They have joined the site - and hopefully will be able to answer questions for us directly.

6 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

I like the idea and have invited the TSD staff to look at the site and discuss with the moderators.  They have joined the site - and hopefully will be able to answer questions for us directly.

Excellent! We are very happy with the card and the savings.

We have had the TSD EFS Control card since late August, and have used it at least 15 times all across the Country.  It works flawlessly.  If you are logged into the EFS App while fueling, the transaction details will automatically pop up in the App within seconds of hanging up the pump, once you’ve seen that I no longer see any need to trek into the fueling desk for a paper receipt.  

I don’t see it mentioned in the above thread, but TSD does take 10% of the fuel saving when processing the ACH transfer, i.e., for example if the EFS price is $0.50  / gallon less than the posted CASH price,  they charge a fee of $0.05 / gallon.  That leaves you with 90% of the savings or $0.45 / Gallon.  

Also, you can get the EFS fuel prices anywhere in the Country using the “Price Locator” in the EFS App.  Just move around on the map to any area of interest, and then tap the magnifying glass icon in the ribbon at the top right of the page.  A great feature when traveling across country, as State fuel taxes and other considerations vary considerably from one locale and/or State to another.

3 minutes ago, Bob Nodine said:

Does anyone know if the TSD Logistic card will work in Canada? What I have managed to find on the internet suggests a different card would be required in Canada.

Found this on their website.  My card came this week.  Now I just need a trip to use it!

Screenshot_20191229-072329_Chrome.jpg