Monaco Technical Tips

Awesome work Frank!

Did you ever wish you could talk to a Monaco Tech, or at least ask what they were thinking?  THIS IS AS CLOSE A CHANCE AS YOU'LL GET! (Forgive the yelling, I'm a little excited!)  I've read through almost every one of these tips, and there's a tremendous amount of great information.  There is some "story behind the design" and good information that goes beyond just the "what" that's in your owners manual.

As Frank mentioned, since these range from 2001-2008, not all of this information applies to every coach.  And a few tips pertain mainly to travel trailers (yes, Monaco and Holiday Rambler made those too.)  But MOST of the tips apply to all diesel pusher coaches, and a majority apply to all Class A coaches.

Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Frank McElroy said:

There is a NEW updated download file on Monaco Technical Tips.

Of the nearly 290 Tech Tips issued by Monaco from 2001-2008, we originally only had just under 70 of them in our files.  Thanks to Scotty, who found over 200 additional Monaco Tech Tips, we now have nearly a complete set. 

THANK YOU SCOTTY!!!

I pulled all the nearly 290 individual PDF files into one PDF master file – put them all in the same format and made a linked Table of Contents. 

This means that you can download this new single PDF file (400+ pages) and when you see a topic of interest, just click on the title in the Table of Contents and it will bring you directly to the technical tip.  (If you have an older version of acrobat reader – just page down to the correct page number listed in the TOC.)

As with the parts list, this PDF file has a search feature also activated.  Just type in a keyword of interest and it should bring you to the technical tip.

Not all tips will apply to all coaches but, there is so much in common that I suspect all this information in one document will be about as valuable as the PARTS LIST.  I suggest it be downloaded and saved to your computer for review and future reference.  Happy bedtime reading!

Thank you so much Frank for taking the time to do this.

I think I heard mention of a parts list. Is there a parts list I can download? 

As with the Parts List, I just added a copyright to the index pages and a screen alerting those who download the file that it is for their personal use only and not to be posted elsewhere on the internet.

Here is a link to the Parts List.  I plan to do another update soon.

https://www.monacoers.org/files/category/16-parts-list/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What security software are you using?  The only difference between the parts list and the tech tips file that I can think of is the tech tips file has internal hyperlinks going from the Table of Contents to locations within the document.  It will be interesting to see if any others have experienced this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

A few minutes ago I updated the Technical Tips document to include a cover page and document page numbers just in case someone out there finds that the TOC links don't work. 

None of the document content was changed.

Someone asked a question on how to search the document.  It turns out that not all browsers default to using Acrobat Reader to open pdf files and some basic file readers do not have a word search feature.  If you need to do a document word search, first open the document using Acrobat Reader, then click on the magnifying glass search Icon and a search box should appear.  Type in the search word to find what you need.  Each time you hit enter, you will see the next entry of that word in the document.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 1:49 PM, Frank McElroy said:

Snip/

Someone asked a question on how to search the document.  It turns out that not all browsers default to using Acrobat Reader to open pdf files and some basic file readers do not have a word search feature.  If you need to do a document word search, first open the document using Acrobat Reader, then click on the magnifying glass search Icon and a search box should appear.  Type in the search word to find what you need.  Each time you hit enter, you will see the next entry of that word in the document.

Another way is to simply hit Ctrl+F......Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...