TSD Fuel Card

• 2 weeks later...

We just got our card yesterday.  Went quicker than I thought it would.  There was a little phone tag getting everything set up, but in all it took less 3 weeks start to finish, even through the holidays.  Looking forward to the discounts.  Currently parked until we leave for the gathering.  Very good to hear about how well the card is working.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

1 hour ago, woodylmiller said:

We just got our card yesterday.  Went quicker than I thought it would.  There was a little phone tag getting everything set up, but in all it took less 3 weeks start to finish, even through the holidays.  Looking forward to the discounts.  Currently parked until we leave for the gathering.  Very good to hear about how well the card is working.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Got my card 2 weeks ago.  Used it last Friday and pump ticket said 215.00, looked on my account next day and the chard was 185.00

• 2 weeks later...

You got to love this fuel card. Pull in and use the card with no hassle. You don't even need to enter a code. We arrived here at 1000 Trails Orlando yesterday and according to the fuel app we purchased 90.36 gallons of diesel at an average cost of $2.417 per gallon. Spent $218.43 and the app says we saved $48.84 over the posted price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are having a little of a learning curve.  Went to use it but got confused.  Called TSD and they were very helpful in letting us know how to use the card.  They are thinking about including some more details about how to use the card.  Fortunately we only needed 16 gallons, 20 miles driving and 30 days of aquahot usage.  No big deal.  Could have saved about 40 cents a gallon.  Great card.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

On 12/19/2019 at 10:44 PM, Scotty Hutto said:

I like the idea and have invited the TSD staff to look at the site and discuss with the moderators.  They have joined the site - and hopefully will be able to answer questions for us directly.

Scotty, anything further on this? 

If the TSD staff is on here I want to personally thank them for extending their savings plan from Truckers and fleet operators to us individual RV owners.

I always smile after pumping fuel knowing I just saved money. My only complaint is actually with myself. Why didn't I think of this idea and start a new company. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Yes.  They are on here as “TSD Fuel” and “TSD Logistics” @TSD Fuel @TSD Logistics

You can send private messages or mention them in a Forum message using the “@“ sign.  For example @Joel Sheriff

Are they offering the new customer discount to the group or just monitoring our discussions.  I'm going to join but I want the group to benefit from their offer of not I'll give it to Chris T. Someone should benefit from their $25 offer. 

@tds logistics

Guest Ray Davis
7 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Yes.  They are on here as “TSD Fuel” and “TSD Logistics” @TSD Fuel @TSD Logistics

You can send private messages or mention them in a Forum message using the “@“ sign.  For example @Joel Sheriff

I can see that they joined but it doesn't look to me like they are monitoring this site .

On the Monacoer's site I can place my pointer on @TSD Fuel or @TSDLogistics in Scotty's post above and it shows me that TSD Fuel joined on Dec 16 and

visited last on the same day Dec16 

• Joined December 16, 2019
  • Last visited December 16, 2019
  •  
  • TSD Logistics last visited on Jan 2             
  • Joined December 20, 2019
  • Last visited January 2
  •                           
Edited by Ray Davis

6 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

I can see that they joined but it doesn't look to me like they are monitoring this site .

On the Monacoer's site I can place my pointer on @TSD Fuel or @TSDLogistics in Scotty's post above and it shows me that TSD Fuel joined on Dec 16 and

visited last on the same day Dec16 

• Joined December 16, 2019
  • Last visited December 16, 2019
  •  
  • TSD Logistics last visited on Jan 2             
  • Joined December 20, 2019
  • Last visited January 2
  •                           

Holding the pointer over TSDLogistics it shows they last visited on Jan 2.

Guest Ray Davis
9 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

By mentioning them here using the @ sign they will receive an email notification.  They posted a notice they were going to be short-staffed Friday, so I wouldn’t expect a response until Monday or Tuesday of next week. 

Scotty and Bob this new forum has so many features it is amazing    I had no idea it would send them a message .

I discover something new each time I visit .

• 2 weeks later...
We are pleased to announce we are rolling out our new online portal for applications. You will no longer have to wait for a phone call, you can now give all of your information online at https://tsdv.loadtracking.com:8443/im/fuelcardapp

If you have already filled out an application on our website please do not fill out another one, just call 903-831-8905 to finalize the application you already sent in. Leave a message if it is busy and we will get back to you.

This should speed up the process from the time you apply to the time you receive your card. You must fill in all information or your application will be delayed because we will have to call for new information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, TSD Logistics! Works like a charm and darn good savings even if you're doing Gas Buddy, which I don't because I like the pull-through truck lanes. 

• 2 weeks later...

We just tied our card  for the first time at the Loves on I-4 yesterday, easy as can be at the pump, didn’t have to go inside all at the pump and everything went smoothly. Posted price 2.79 a gallon, we paid $2.26 4 a gallon and saved 24.46 on 50 gallon fill up. Went to APP on my phone and saw whole transaction on there.  Very impressed and always appreciate that $.53 cents a gallon discount.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

While it's always nice to have a way to save money, unfortunately this card and it's company are questionable.  Yes, I have their card and have used it twice this month. They have an app which purportedly provides the user with the means to search their route for the least expensive stations.  When I travel, I use this app and select from different stations along the route I'm traveling. For instance, I fueled up at the TA station in Las Cruces NM.  Posted price was $3.79. TSD's app showed $3.33. Pretty good savings right? Wrong! The way they do business is you scan their card and then they provide you with a receipt AFTER they take the money out of your checking account. I received the receipt and was charged $3.47 per gallon! Still a savings but I could have purchased fuel from a Maverik station at $3.49 and used my credit card which gives me 5% cash back. Better savings but TSD 'fooled' me into thinking the price I'd pay was $3.33. Conversations with them were futile as they told me I purchased the fuel at 3:12 pm and the price change came later at 4:43 pm. I take a screenshot of their app price while I'm fueling my motorcoach so their app doesn't reflect the current pricing. Today, while waiting to hear back from Ms. Winters, a supposedly customer service rep, I fueled up once again in Guymon OK. Station price $3.49. Advertised price per the app was $3.349.  Screenshot taken. Got my receipt tonight. Charged price was $3.47 for a savings of a whopping $1.99!! All I can say is buyer beware.! I intend to set them up tomorrow when I fuel again. I am going to call them to get their verbal price, compare it to their app price then see what I'm actually charged. 

I find that I must disagree that the company is questionable. They are a very reputable company that has been in business for many years. I have many years experience using the card and have never been charged anything except what was posted on the app at the time I arrived at the pump, plus the small administrative fee they clearly explain. 

The reality is that fuel prices fluctuate throughout the day, and TSD pays the market CASH price less a negotiated discount. (Deduction from the bank account is why TSD can get the cash discount) TSD has no control over when or how much a specific station changes their price. As soon as that price change is communicated to TSD, the app is updated.

My process to avoid surprises is to check the TSD app, Mudflap, and Gas Buddy before travel in the morning, and check it on TSD again when I arrive at the station (I usually screenshot the price).  There are often changes from what I saw that morning, but the price at nearby stations has changed also.

Can you find fuel cheaper? Certainly. I occasionally use others (QT + my Sam's card is a good combination for me, and I like that QT stores are almost always clean), but most often find the best deal with TSD.

Your mileage (and fuel stations) may vary...

• Like 5

I have been using it for a few years now and I like the fact that you don’t have to go inside and can just pay at the pump. When I paid with my own credit card before at the big truck stops they always made you go inside and put some amount you think it’s going to cost. Some times the pumps are quite a distance to walk and then standing in line is a big PITA. The discount is a nice bonus to me and I just try and go to the truck stops that give me the best discount 

9 hours ago, Dennis H said:

Posted price was $3.79. TSD's app showed $3.33.  . . .  I received the receipt and was charged $3.47 per gallon!

Today, while waiting to hear back from Ms. Winters, a supposedly customer service rep . . . .

How are you getting $3.47 / gal?  I take total TSD receipt price and divide by gallons for a "true" price.  Occasionally I can do better somewhere else because while traveling I'm not calculating +60c +10% of differential price.  I've filled up at Sam's Club before and I could order a pizza and have it delivered by the time their pump is finished, not to mention how sketchy it can be getting in/out.  LOVE those truck stop hi-flow pumps! 

You might ask for Tara Girod-Rape next time to you talk to TSD.  On Facebook she's been more than reasonable with customers.

Some stations (Love's, TA) have apps you can pay for fuel directly through the app and still collect the TSD savings.  This avoids card skimmers on the pumps. 

- bob

10 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

I find that I must disagree that the company is questionable. They are a very reputable company that has been in business for many years. I have many years experience using the card and have never been charged anything except what was posted on the app at the time I arrived at the pump, plus the small administrative fee they clearly explain. 

Well, Scotty, IMO, "reputable" companies don't mislead customers. How long they've been in business is irrelevant. Take Monaco for instance. I, too have had the TSD card for many years and have used it and appreciated it's use. However, I'm speaking from the experiences of 2024! Things change. Companies make poor decisions and pass those poor decisions on to their customers until they finally catch up to them and they fold. When I plan a trip, I schedule my route and figure out where I'm going to need fuel. I then open the Open Roads app and look at their posted prices along my route. I then schedule stops accordingly. On my itinerary sheet I also print what TSD 'offered' as that stations price. Upon arrival I reopen their app and check the price again. While fueling, I screenshot their app price for my records. OK, so far? When I receive my settlement email, I verify what I was charged versus what I should have been charged. If there's a difference, then a phone call is warranted. Twice, on this trip I've been charged more than what was offered in their app. They refuse to acknowledge that they are posting erroneous pricing on their app. They told me I fueled at 3:12pm and the 'change' didn't occur until 4:33pm. What a crock! I provided them with the screenshot I took while pumping fuel. They ignored that. I'm sorry, but in my book, any company that doesn't stand behind their services and offerings is disreputable and dishonest. If one doesn't care what they pay for fuel, only that they get some discount then keep supporting this company. Personally, I manage my budget based on what I can afford and take affront to a company that offers one price yet charges more at closing.....Dennis

We just completed a roughly 5,000 mile trip. I used the card at all fuel stops. Tallying up my saving resulted in a savings of $558.08. Plus there were a couple occasions where I was forced to fuel at stations offering very little discount.