Fuel prices

Guest Ray Davis

Guest Ray Davis

Today I was at the Canton Tx Walmart and I thought the fuel prices were really cheap   reg $1.67  diesel $1.73 . 🚍

Haven't been anywhere lately so it got me wondering if prices are near that in other places .  

I can remember feeling sick onetime seeing diesel for the low price of $3.61 and I had just filled up . 😭

Is this an amazing time or what .    Flag: United States on JoyPixels 6.0

Guest Ray Davis
5 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I will be filling up at a Shell truck Stop at exit 10 in South Carolina just south of the border from North Carolina for $1.95 a gallon based on Gas Buddy.

Dr , I assume that's for diesel ?   Is that about the price you have been seeing ?  Actually $1.95 diesel seems pretty good especially at a truck stop .

When traveling I usually just pay the prevailing price when I need fuel , around home I watch the prices a little more . Its always nice to save a little dough .

I did get bad diesel (  contaminated )  at a Walmart one time .  Truck stops have filters usually right in plain sight don't think I have seen those at Walmart        still I only had that one bad experience .   

Yes, that's for diesel. I always try to use Gas Buddy to search out decent prices for diesel which are on my travel route.

The local price in the Spruce Pine NC area has been $2.29.

I like using Gas Buddy as I can see the diesel prices along my route on a map. Then I use Google Maps satellite to see how easy to get in and out of the fueling stop.

Edited by Dr4Film
Additional Information

51 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Today I was at the Canton Tx Walmart and I thought the fuel prices were really cheap   reg $1.67  diesel $1.73 . 🚍

Haven't been anywhere lately so it got me wondering if prices are near that in other places .  

I can remember feeling sick onetime seeing diesel for the low price of $3.61 and I had just filled up . 😭

Is this an amazing time or what .    Flag: United States on JoyPixels 6.0

If you were going through Terrell on I20, TSD price at TA is $1.607 today.

Guest Ray Davis

I've used Gas Buddy before but not very consistently , guess I'm not disciplined enough .

I did go through Terrell on I 20 but I missed that .  I was in the PU going about 80 ( slow ) and wasn't looking for fuel .    Beautiful day for First Monday trade day week end , usually its way to hot , freezing cold or raining .

18 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Edited by Ray Davis

I saw in NY $1.57 @ gallon, I remember 12 years ago was over $4.00 @ gallon.

I used fill up in New jersey because it was cheaper than NY, now NY is very low. The crude demand is so low that the big exporters are giving it away, Saudi and other places are drawning in crude oil.

Had an unusual experience yesterday as I was driving into town to go to Lowe's and Sam's Club. The truck was almost half empty so thought I would fill it up. Passed the local convenience store chain and the sign said $1.749 but Sam's is almost always cheaper so made a mental note and continued to Lowe's passing Sam's on the way. Looked up at the Sam's sign and was shocked to see $1.819. No brainer so stopped at the convenience store on the way back. When I pulled up at the pump the price at the pump was $1.659. Checked the sign at the road again and it still said $1.749. Pumped the gas and checked the receipt and it also said $1.659. This puzzles me because changing the price at the sign is as easy as typing into a computer.

4 hours ago, Biljol said:

Your right about CA I live in AZ and since I can get 700 miles on a tank I fill up right before I enter CA and right after I leave CA. 

I've often said the happiest day of my life was when I saw that little sign on the Colorado River Bridge, "Welcome to California"........ in my rear view mirror. 🙂

Edited by Dennis H
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, duncan8846@att.net said:

You guys are lucky you’re not in CA..prices are in the 3.50 range, plus or minus

Duncan H

$3.19 In Brownsville, CA.

Duncan, 

Did u happen to stop on I5 just past inspection station heading south? Had an Entegra stop just in front of me while I was installing rock guard on my Honda tow.

Had 1/2 tank left when leaving CA so filled up in Fallon NV at .85 cheaper than CA, then Albuquerque even cheaper, then 1.61 (with PenFed credit card discount) at QuikTrip in DFW area...less than 1/2 the price I paid in CA.  Credit cards are less hassels than trying to figure out TSD billing alternating checking accounts (business vs personal use), and easier to get in and out of rather outrageous truck stops.  The high volume pumps also usually leave me 15 gallons short due to the way they blast fuel in and can't throttle it down.

FWIW

Whenever I find really cheap diesel fuel I always tip the coach and fill up every last drop that I can get into the tank. It may be as much as 10-15 gallons. Once the truck fuel nozzle shuts off I can always get a lot more in if I throttle back on the volume going in.

Will be getting $1.95 tomorrow at the Shell Diesel truck stop at exit 10 on I-26 east. We are finally heading back home to Florida tomorrow morning. I will fuel up once again in South Carolina as fuel is always more expensive in GA and FL.

Then once I get to Flagler Beach I will dump in my magic potion of Diesel Kleen and Biobor JF as the coach will be sitting most of the winter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hitechpete said:

Think yourselves lucky guys, over here in the U.K. Diesel is at an all time low of $6.89 a gallon.

Yes, but it is only 400 miles from London to Glasgow. When you enter Texas on I-10 from Louisiana the first Exit sign you see is 880. That means you have 880 miles just to get across Texas.

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis
On 10/30/2020 at 8:29 PM, Ivan K said:

Ivan , when I read you post I confess I didn't know what TSD was , since then I see it is a fuel card .  My bad ,  CRS .

We know $1.0607 was a very good price but we don't know the price before your discount .

Knowing TA I imagine it was rather expensive 

BTW Canton Walmart was down some more yesterday to $ 165 for reg .

Wish I could travel . By the time I recover enough to travel I fear these prices will be gone .

Edited by Ray Davis

Just a followup from my previous post in regards to the Shell Truck Stop at Exit 10 on I-26 where i saw that they had diesel for $195 as was posted last Friday on Gas Buddy. Well to my surprise when i finally arrived there just before noontime today, the price had be reduced to $1.79. WooooHoooo! Tipped the coach and filled it right to the very brim. Drove another 165 miles to anther Shell Truck Fueling station off of I-95 south where diesel was $2.02 so filled up once again.

I know that diesel in GA and FL will be a lot higher than in South Carolina.

Just checked Gas Buddy for the price of diesel at my local Shell station in Flagler Beach, $2.09 / gallon. Wow, not bad! When we left last July it was $2.59 / gallon. Thank you America for being energy independent.

• Like 1

I bought diesel fuel this week for $1.62 a gallon at our local walmart neighborhood market.  The only problem is that I cannot drive my coach into the pump.  It's a whacky traffic plan.   I roll in there in my service truck, fill up the slip tank and go home and fuel the coach.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Just a followup from my previous post in regards to the Shell Truck Stop at Exit 10 on I-26 where i saw that they had diesel for $195 as was posted last Friday on Gas Buddy. Well to my surprise when i finally arrived there just before noontime today, the price had be reduced to $1.79. WooooHoooo! Tipped the coach and filled it right to the very brim. Drove another 165 miles to anther Shell Truck Fueling station off of I-95 south where diesel was $2.02 so filled up once again.

I know that diesel in GA and FL will be a lot higher than in South Carolina.

Just checked Gas Buddy for the price of diesel at my local Shell station in Flagler Beach, $2.09 / gallon. Wow, not bad! When we left last July it was $2.59 / gallon. Thank you America for being energy independent.

Richard, Ingrid and I just left Flagler Beach Friday ( spent the week at Camptown on the ocean ). Price was $ 2.15 at the gas stations and $ 2.45 at the truck stops.

Was going to call you to meet up for dinner but knew you were still up north. Hope to see you guys sometime this winter.

37 minutes ago, throgmartin said:

Richard, Ingrid and I just left Flagler Beach Friday ( spent the week at Camptown on the ocean ). Price was $ 2.15 at the gas stations and $ 2.45 at the truck stops.

Was going to call you to meet up for dinner but knew you were still up north. Hope to see you guys sometime this winter.

Big Bummer! Sorry to have missed you guys. Would loved to have gotten together. We will be arriving back home this afternoon. We stayed overnight at the Walterboro Walmart Supercenter directly off the I-95 freeway. Another 275 miles to Flagler Beach.

Funny thing happened on the way home. I put on some Motown music, cranked up the volume and Ingrid and I were signing along having a great time. I didn't hear the lady on my Garmin and missed my turn near Mt. Dora. I drove the bus right down main street in Mt Dora and ended up in a residential neighborhood. I pretty much realized I was screwed at that point. I did drive through Tangerine, Florida. Never knew that town existed. 🙂

I made a mental note to next time turn down the radio - shut up - and pay attention when turns are coming up. That was 60 miles and an hour of my time I will never get back. Will make it a point to meet up this winter. It has been a while since we broke bread together. 🙂

• Like 2