Annabelle need s a new muffler

A Muffler makes it more quiet, those coaches are the ones you barely hear as they cruise through the campground.

A Resonator changes the sound without making them quiet.  Those are the coaches that you hear across the campground.  Some owners of those coaches enjoy the noise.

Resonator vs Muffler

Edited by Hypoxia
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

A Muffler makes it more quiet, those coaches are the ones you barely hear as they cruise through the campground.

A Resonator changes the sound without making them quiet.  Those are the coaches that you hear across the campground.  Some owners of those coaches enjoy the noise.

Resonator vs Muffler

Give me a break Jim 

You say noise ?

I say Music 🎶🎵😌

Personal choise.

I see some ? very quiet coaches driving way to fast and kicking up dust.

Some don't pick up their dog crap either. 😕

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

Give me a break Jim 

You say noise ?

I say Music 🎶🎵😌

Personal choise.

I see some ? very quiet coaches driving way to fast and kicking up dust.

Some don't pick up their dog crap either. 😕

That's funny John, thanks for brightening my day. :classic_biggrin:  The main thing is that owners know the difference before making the choice.  Also, I'm one of those who don't pick up dog crap.  If I ever get a dog I will though! :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

That's funny John, thanks for brightening my day. :classic_biggrin:  The main thing is that owners know the difference before making the choice.  Also, I'm one of those who don't pick up dog crap.  If I ever get a dog I will though! :classic_unsure:

Thank God you don't have a dog

Resale on your coach will be much better.

I did buy a quiet battery operated mower for my summer site.

Maybe that will balance out the sound pollution overall.

20210523_182854.jpg

20210523_173959.jpg

20210521_105520.jpg

Guest Ray Davis
29 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

You can still pick some up,  it's ok.   LOL  🤣

We pick up religiously after our little dog and those that don't infuriate me.  😠

BTW I have an Aero turbine too.  It is a little louder and some folks don't like the sound but I like to hear it when in a tunnel or beside a wall.      I guess I'm in my second childhood, I'm thinking about a red convertable but momma isn't quite on board yet. 

Edited by Ray Davis

7 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

You can still pick some up,  it's ok.   LOL  🤣

We pick up religiously after our little dog and those that don't infuriate me.  😠

BTW I have an Aero turbine too.  It is a little louder and some folks don't like the sound but I like to hear it when in a tunnel or beside a wall.      I guess I'm in my second childhood, I'm thinking about a red convertable but momma isn't quite on board yet. 

I just gave you a 

Liked 👍

Comment 

My wife says my TRUE Engine brake is very cheap therapy 

Yes

Best in tunnels 

Guest Ray Davis
8 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

I just gave you a 

Liked 👍

Comment 

My wife says my TRUE Engine brake is very cheap therapy 

Yes

Best in tunnels 

I bet your True / Real engine brake can talk to ya in a tunnel, my exhaust brake just sort of whispers loud.   Wives don't seem to get it but it does sooth a man's nerves a   little bit.

10 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

I bet your True / Real engine brake can talk to ya in a tunnel, my exhaust brake just sort of whispers loud.   Wives don't seem to get it but it does sooth a man's nerves a   little bit.

Ha

Ha

Ha

Yes

So very true Ray

I Should have said

True, Engine Jake Brake.

Your very perceptive Ray

16 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Funny and I do the same when I find a tunnel, Jake and horn test... 

20201210_172732.thumb.jpg.e34ec1e2bf6a239d6a6cdc1702016e85.jpg

23 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Funny and I do the same when I find a tunnel, Jake and horn test... 

love my Twin Hadley 's 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

You guys woulda loved the sound of my 34 3 window coupe. 350 Chev, 450 HP. Built FORD tough, with all CHEVY stuff.....just sayin....Dennis

34.jpg

😄😁🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

At Bill D's suggestion, I replaced my rusted-out stock muffler with an Aero 4040XL eight years and 80K miles ago.  Modified the original brackets by bending only the inboard straps (discarded the outboard straps).  It still looks new.  100% stainless steel construction.  The difference in sound level inside the coach is zero, even with a window open.  Standing outside, there is only a modest sound level increase.  I think it might be slightly louder at WOT (wide open throttle), but not loud like a Jake Brake.  I ease out of campgrounds and I'm sure I've never disturbed anyone.

It is simply an inexpensive, high quality replacement muffler.  Does it increase power?...Only for those with vivid imaginations.

I straight piped my Dynasty years ago.
The sound is barely perceptible from the drivers seat, except when in a tunnel or near a barrier.

Much cheaper and I'll never have another rusted muffler. 😀

You would love the sound of my 1965 Shelby Cobra replica.  12.5:1 compression 427 Sideoiler, and Lobak Sprint Car mufflers in the 3.5" pipes.

DSCF1417.JPG

DSCF1426.JPG

DSCF1428.JPG

Guest Ray Davis
4 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

You would love the sound of my 1965 Shelby Cobra replica.  12.5:1 compression 427 Sideoiler, and Lobak Sprint Car mufflers in the 3.5" pipes

Wow David,   You blew the windshield wipers right off.  💨

Tow pretty good?

Thanks guys, I need to replaced a rusted out muffler soon so I appreciate this topic.  It's good to know that I have at least been performing the required Horn test in tunnels!  Sounds like the Engine brake test in tunnels should be added to my testing. Thanks!

Edited by StephenW
spelling
  • Like 1