Weep Hole Covers

I purchased a set from IDOC and I must say they are much better by far then the original Atwood units.   The kids even send a thank you note with the order which is a very personal and thoughtful gesture.   These kids are doing an outstanding job.  I totally appreciate their product and their professionalism. Keep up the good work.

Paul

• Like 3

I could use a few.  As the rig passes 18 yrs old I am sure more will start to go away.

On 3/5/2023 at 11:15 PM, Idoc57 said:

John, I appreciate the offer to do the "contest", however I think we would rather just take the opportunity to thank everyone who ordered covers and had a part in making this little business venture successful, while fulfilling a need for our fellow Monacoers.  I really don't know the exact number of covers that were sent out, but It was in the hundreds.  I would also like to express a special "Thank You" to the moderators of this great forum for allowing the grandsons the chance to learn some valuable lessons about running a business.  

Thank you all,

Carey

I received my covers and got them installed.  They were a perfect fit, and getting thank you notes from the grandkids made the whole process perfect.  

On 10/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, olywrestle said:

If you have a tried and proven version, I think people would be interested in them. I just barely designed and printed mine, so drive time with them yet.

On 10/19/2022 at 6:05 AM, olywrestle said:

The atwood covers are no longer produced, and I think pretty much every retailer is out of stock. I have designed and 3d printed some in PETG, but not sure how strong/reliable they would be in the long run.  After I do a few more test fits I will share the 3d printer files, but is there a large market for these? Me personally, the wind noise drives me crazy so I want some and my coach is missing all of them!

I do not have a 3D printer or know where to get one t use. SO I would like to put my order in for 18 for each side of my 2002 Windsor. Wayne Hill, wmh4805@aol.com, 9282790467

If I was able to injection mold some, would people want them? Just trying to see if there is demand to justify me and my son making them. 

weepholecover.jpg

How can I order a few laft and right side covers?  Black if color is an issue.

On 10/27/2022 at 3:21 AM, Frank McElroy said:

Here is a link to the files in our downloads section.

Thanks for sharing the design.

I had a friend print me some of these, unfortunately the specified material is very brittle and several lugs broke., my friend then printed another set in Thermoplastic Polyurethane which solved the issue. 

On 6/6/2023 at 5:21 AM, Idoc57 said:
Now that my grandsons are out of school for the summer, the soccer season is over, etc., they once again have time to print more parts. If anyone would still like to order parts, my son and daughter-in-law have set up an email address to contact them directly - 2b3dprints@gmail.com

Carey

Hi Carey, @Idoc57
Are the grandkids still doing these weep hole covers?   I've sent 2 emails to that address you posted over the last few weeks hoping they would respond with payment options and I could share my shipping address.  Haven't heard anything yet.  

AAcHTtdvJ9R-U2ydhkuCsaeS6Ynp39J5sQjEm74bctLr=s80-p-mo
ReplyForward

Edited by windsorbill06

16 hours ago, windsorbill06 said:

Hi Bill, I contacted my son and told him that you had tried to order some weep hole covers.  He went back through his emails and could not find anything from you.  He asked if your email address was similar to "windsorbill06".  Also, please check and see if this is the exact email address that you used.  

2b3dprints@gmail.com

If you could send me your actual email address and the day that you tried to contact them, he will look for it again.  Please send me this information in a Private Message, and I will forward it on to him.

I'm sure they will be able to take care of you.

Carey

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To those writing that you need to add a bit of silicone, in order to keep them in place, you're 100% correct. Quite a few of the replacement covers I ordered fell off, after being installed for only four months. When I installed them, they were nice and tight. Maybe the material shrank?

That is very strange as I have the first edition on my coach without any type of glue and I have not lost any. My son did the original design and printed these for me. I the shared the design that was edited and is now used  

I cannot think that the weep hole length for my windows is any different from any of the other coaches with the Atwood windows. 

I don't want to say from whom I got mine, because I don't want it viewed as sour grapes, retribution, yada yada. I'm truly not upset about it, I just find it genuinely curious that it happened.

4 hours ago, CorinthWest said:

Same here, Fred.  Silicone'ing them back on as they fall off.  "Shrinkage" for sure.

Hi Rikki and Fred, 

Just saw your posts.  Sorry you are having some issues with your covers.  I have already contacted my son about it.  He is going to take care of both of you.  Hopefully, he can figure out what is going on. PM me tomorrow if you would like. 

Carey

• 6 months later...
On 10/19/2022 at 1:59 PM, Martinvz said:

My son had designed left and right versions and then 3D printed several of each for me in ABS. 1 year and 9,000 miles later these are all still in place. 
I can get the files and make it available.

would you want the files?

I would definitely be interested in the files, as my son has a 3-D printer. Cost of files for right and left sides? Thanks.

Joe