Bill Groves

Peggy called my wife this morning and said Bill passed away Wednesday night. Many of you know Bill as he was a long time member of this site. He will be missed and our thoughts and prayers go out to Peggy and the family.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

So sorry to hear that.  Bill was always willing to help me, and did on many occasions. I will miss, but remember, his friendship.  He and Peggy loved their RV friends.

He will be missed on this and other RV sites, even if he was not known personally.

Guest Ray Davis

That's sad news .  I didn't know Bill but felt like I did.  Bill was a colorful member on this forum, very smart, and I always enjoyed his posts even   though they had become scarce since the forum moved.   Prayers for the family

RIP Bill 

Edited by Ray Davis

1 hour ago, Bob Nodine said:

Peggy called my wife this morning and said Bill passed away Wednesday night. Many of you know Bill as he was a long time member of this site. He will be missed and our thoughts and prayers go out to Peggy and the family.

Bob,

Thanks for posting this. Please post a link to the obituary and such.  Please also tell Peggy that Bill and she are in our prayers and we will remember him.

Tom

I knew Bill personally and my wife & I have sat with Bill and Peggy at dinner tables many times while attending the Monacoers Gatherings held at Lazy Days. I also had the opportunity to help him weigh coaches when at Lazy Days. I have learned a lot from Bill over the years. He will be missed in more ways than we realize.

I pray than Peggy will be comforted by the fact that he passed peacefully while sleeping. He will always remain in our hearts and minds just like all of the other Monacoers members who have passed on before us way too soon.

May God Bless your soul!

Over the past decade Bill and I communicated almost every day.  Early Thursday morning I received a phone call from Peggy with the sad news.  I decided not to post right away so some of Bill's closest friends could be notified privately first.  Bill just celebrated his 70th birthday a few days ago.  Bill has been a long time contributor to this forum dating back to the early days.  His knowledge and expertise will be missed by us all.  Bill G (Hotrod) you will be missed - rest in peace.

The attached picture was taken on January 28, 2021.

104834.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

I never had an opportunity to meet Bill personally but corresponded with him on many occasions with questions about my coach.  He was always more then willing to answer questions and provide knowledge, which I greatly appreciated.  

The RV community will greatly miss his knowledge and willingness to help, and so will I.    RIP

I am sorry to hear this.  Bill helped me out several times too.  Hail State Bill.

I got a phone call from Dave Pratt telling me about Bill's passing. I am still in shock. Both Dave and I agreed that his passing is a huge loss to Monaco owners. Many of us relied on Bill's expertise in solar charging systems, the latest in batter technology, ATS switches, charging systems, etc. Many people did not know that Bill spent countless hours every week researching new technology and with his vast electrical background he was able to decipher many things and lend his professional opinion on new products. I get a lot of industry reports on new technology - products and systems - and I would pass them on to Bill for him to research the items. A week later he would get back to me and tell me if this system or component was good or bad.

I forgot how many rally's Bill and I attended together through the years but it was a lot. Whenever I wanted to upgrade an electrical or battery system I would call Bill and let him spec the system out for me. He was always spot on and every system he told me to buy performed flawlessly. He spec'ed out my house battery system and at a gathering a couple years later I seen him inside my battery compartment. He was load testing the batteries and seeing how the batteries and charging system was performing. He spent time talking my Tech through electrical troubleshooting and the many Monaco owners he helped over the years behind the scenes through phone calls and e-mails is amazing. One thing that has not been mentioned was all the 4 corner weight weighing Bill did at Monaco Gatherings.

I will miss Bill and our phone calls back and forth to one another solving coach electrical problems as well as solving the worlds problems. It is a stark reminder and something that Dave and I discussed yesterday on the phone - as time goes on we seem to loose more of our Monaco experts who has always been there to assist us. Bill was one of these individuals. May he rest in peace and may God hold Peggy and the family close during this difficult time. God speed my friend..............

We will miss Bill on this forum as well as other forums.  He was always helpful with his wealth of knowledge about the motorhomes.  Prayers are with his family.

Bill will be sorely missed by this group and others. He was one of the first to welcome me to Bill D’s Monacoers.  He was an advisor and friend, and we spent a lot of time discussing all things electrical as well as this site. He was a good guy, loved a good debate (Ha!  Argument!) and was willing to help anyone who reached out for help.  

Oh no! I was just able to see this post now! I’m actually really saddened by this. 😢 I finally met Bill in person last year at the Monaco meet up in Tampa Bay. Such a nice guy! He  has helped me with many problems on the two Monaco coaches we’ve owned first through his videos on YouTube then these forums and in person. We are praying for his family going through their loss. He will be sorely missed! 🙏🏻😞

So sad to hear Bill passed away. My wife Peggy and I spent some quality time with Bill and Peggy both at their home in Pass Christian and at several Monaco Rallies. Bill was always willing to help anyone for any reason and we will miss him very much. Prayers for Peggy and his family. Rest in Peace Bill!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...