Surprising Announcement - HAPPY RETIREMENT CHRIS THROGMARTIN!!

I knew the day would come when you would hang up the keys and I'm so happy for you but sad that so many of us will lose the benefit of your wisdom and skills.  My husband and I have had the pleasure of meeting you a few times at the Monaco gathering and I always was sure to attend your seminars even if I had see them before.  You were kind enough to inspect our roof and measure our coach for awnings which we were so grateful for later when we ordered them from Ingrid.  I can't think of anyone now still a member of the Monaco group who has your expertise and so many people will miss that and I want to thank you for being so generous of your time and energy when anyone needed advise on a problem.   You deserve a quiet life on your farm so enjoy!

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Chris that’s great and we will miss you at the Gatherings on the professional level but maybe you’ll come on a social level instead. Enjoy your new stress free retirement and thank you for your hard work in keeping Talin up and running and providing a much needed service.

Todd White

Edited by tmw188
  • Like 2

Congratulations my friend!  Well deserved!  You have been a blessing as a friend and mentor. But don’t think for a minute I’ll stop harassing you!  After all, @Steven P and I know where the REAL MSU is… I mean what is a Sparty anyway?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Surprising Announcement - HAPPY RETIREMENT CHRIS THROGMARTIN!!

Hey,

I thought you were smarter.  WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG…..GREAT NEWS.  I know you will be happy and will live kong and prosper. 

BTW….  this comes from a guy that will celebrate the 18th birthday of his GD and her graduation in June.  I retired in August, 2006 and was the sole Day Care person for her and her now 21 YO brother.  Wouldn’t change a thing.  Good luck with your “back to the rots of your soul” or the next phase if your life. 

Keep us posted on how your health is improving…

Tom

• Like 2

It has been such an honor to know you for a few years now. I always looked forward to your presence at the Monaco gathering.

I hope you enjoy your retirement. Unfortunatley you will never get a day off now. 

I thank you, and my big beautiful home on wheels thanks you for helping me keep her in pristine shape.

The thought occurs to me though. Just how many RV spaces are there on that farm? Just kidding. 

• Like 1

Chris,  congrats!   Well deserved after all the hard work and dedication!  I appreciate all you've taught me and the shiny guardian plates on my slide outs along w the Stone Vos slidetoppers and one of the elusive Vector tanks.  Sounds like you'll have plenty of room for 50A and sewer for 30 or so of your closest friends at your new place.  Maybe @Scotty Hutto will even share scallops while watching Mississippi State w you. 😊  I hope we can see more of you. 

Steven

• Like 2

I had never had the opportunity to me Chris but have read everyone of his posts, the quality and amount of information he passed on is noteworthy.  When Chris posted something I read it. 

So I hope you have many years of retirement and enjoy your ranch, you deserve it. 

• Like 4

Chris,

Congratulations on your well deserved, overdue retirement.  I enjoyed your seminars at the gatherings and learned a lot from you.  I suspect Dave will bestow emeritus status to you so you can attend future gatherings.

Best wishes, fair winds, and following seas. I know you were a Marine, so I had to get the Navy gig in there!

Dan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chris & Ingrid

Congratulations on your retirement.  Good to know you have a retirement plan to do something you enjoy.

You two are special people to me and I will always remember your hospitality while parked in your driveway for service work.

God bless you and Ingrid.

John

• Like 1

Congratulations Chris,

You've been an invaluable asset to this forum, and to the RV industry for many years.
I've learned so much from your posts, and I wish you and your family the very best in retirement.
I'm sure Ryan and your talented staff will continue the level of service and great reputation that you earned with TalinRV.

God Bless, and enjoy your time with family and friends. 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

Well, Marine, your retirement is well deserved.  You have been a terrific RV maintenance professional to so many of us over the years.  And it's always been a joy just to bump into you on occasion and wonder where you placed the next USMC sticker on my motorhome or toad!  Best of luck, Chris, as you step into this next phase of your life!

Army Guy Ray

• Like 1

I am delighted to hear you are finally able to do what you truly love.  Your letter inspires me it is so well written, and as I have recently retired as well, completely understand the relief you feel when it is finally time to hang it up.

Life will change in so many ways!

Well wishes Chris, wish we had met, at least being in this group has made it possible to get a glimpse of the man some of us know personally.

• Like 1

So glad and fortunate I got into the Monaco family before you left it.  Thanks for the inspections, guardian plates, and slide toppers.  You have been a blessing to many and a guide for me.  Enjoy and God Bless.

• Like 1

Can't say much more than has just been said. After talking to you thru this forum many times and finally meeting you at our last rally and having work done at Talin all has been a great experience. I hope you stay on this site and continue to share with us. Wish you the best in this next chapter if it goes for you like it did for me you'll be amazed at how you found the time to work, fix the house, cars, RV, travel etc.  I swear I'm busier now.  Take care my friend.

Roy Mercier  2003 Dynasty

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Chris and Ingrid, Best wishes to you. You will never be forgotten. Chris, I will always remember helping you at the HR maintenance rally presentations and Ingrid, I will always remember helping you at your first shop when you were cutting and sewing toppers by yourself. You both made me feel important. God Bless you as you have blessed many of us when we needed help.

The One Man topper installer team,

Gary Hester

Gary 05 AMB DST

Edited by Gary 05 AMB DST
misspell
  • Like 1

Chris - best wishes for the most fulfilling retirement ever imagined.  Stay clear of the bulls and you'll be fine.  Don't ask me how I know...

When you sent a tech a hundred miles to correct a problem, you demonstrated true integrity.  When you showed up in person at the campground I was at in FL to check my slide and offer free advice, you were a model of how business-mindedness and personal customer service should be co-mingled.  I appreciate you!  

Enjoy your new life.   I'm 15-45 days from full retirement myself, and I trust we will both find it refreshing, and exhausting, all rolled up together.

• Like 1

Chris...Peggy and I hope you have a grand time in your "new" retirement adventure! Thank you for all the help over the years. Although we have not seen each other in a few years, we still think about you often. Since we are more of a permanent fixture in our RV park in Crystal River now, we still need to get together for lunch or dinner and reminisce about the "Monaco old days". It was always a pleasure when we got together at the rallies. By the way, Peggy and I also retired in January of this year. It's been great!...Jim

• Like 1